COMODO Internet Security 3.9.95478.509 Released!

Just add it to exclusions. I had about 7 fp’s with CAV but just added them to exclusions. Its that easy. With Avira I have 4 fp’s.

I agree. Especially under Vista and W7, it should be possible to update automatically with escalated privilege, so one wouldn’t need to respond to an UAC prompt, which may not be easy on machines with several user profiles and child protection activated, or machines which are part of a corporate network where the typical user doesn’t – and shouldn’t – know the admin password.

It gets annoying after a while. I have got close to 100 flase positives and almost all are packer related things - some are fixed after I reported them in FP section. Still, system freezing problem is still there.

Maybe you should turn off heuristics, as long as you can answer d+ alerts you hardly need antivirus. Now the database is so large, it probably is not missing many unknowns anyway.

I don’t think Packer detection should be triggered with the default Heuristics level LOW, did you change this for the Real-time scan settings ?

I prefer to be told about an update then look in here to see if there are any problems - managed to avoid 507 and 508 that way. :slight_smile:

[i]COMODO Internet Security 3.9.95478.509 still not plays well with bittorrent tool (like bitcomet)…

the audio sound messed up while downloading when play vidio/audio files…

and CPU usage remain high after awhile…

it did improve a bit with 3.9 version…but still unbearable…

BACK TO CIS 3.5.57173.439 or switch to ZASS at some point down the road for me… (sigh)[/i]

Try Bit Torrent

I have had no problems using this torrent app with CIS 3.9 :wink:

xxx.509 works well with Vuze too. No problems here.

[i]3.9 version works okay with bitorrent alone or plays the video/audio Separately…but not together…(like I said,CPU remains 30-45% if both plays together after awhile)

I tried 3.8 ,3.9 beta till 3.9 final…same old story with CPU usage issue/messed up sound issues…(a bit better or last longer with normal CPU usage with 3.9)

don’t get me wrong…I do like CIS 3.5…it works great…user friendly~ please fix it if possible~

BTW,I’m usin’ Vista x64…honestly,I switched from ZASS to CIS cause ZA don’t have native x64 firewall at that time…work flawlessly with 3.5 untill 3.8 released,thing starts to fall apart~JMHO [/i]

I am running BitTorrent now (4 1/2 hours up/downloading, Audio/video are both playing great (no dropouts/stalls). Yes, DPC Latency is showing as spiked 7500, 3000 average (micro seconds). Vista x64, 4G RAM.

Similar results running Bit Torrent on Windows 7 RC AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ and 3GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Card

Halite is OK here too.
Vista64 SP2.

It was set to low.

please submit these two files(nsu_ui_client.exe & cl264dec.ax) to COMODO as the suspicious files. if you have done it and were told that they are not infected,you could add the two files to “Exclusions” temporarily when the antivirus alert poped up before the issue be fixed.

I have done that.

Hi, well COMODO as usual is working fine. My question is about BOCLEAN, I already uninstalled the last BOCLEAN version from my Pc’s but would like to know if the CIS automatic update will upgrade to the new CIS version with BOCLEAN integrated or do I have to uninstall the old CIS version and start all over again, how do I know if I have the integrated BOCLEAN version installed ?

Regards

Thor Hedderich

CIS 3.9 includes BOClean. You must have the AV installed with CIS to have BOClean protection.
You can upgrade if you wish, but it is highly recommended to do a clean install to realize the full benefits of this new CIS.

I did that, uninstalled the old version and did a fresh install of the new CIS but I do not see any BOCLEAN tab anywhere.

BOclean is included with CIS 3.9 as John has said, It just is integrated with the Av - As time progresses there may be some expanded options to the av (hopefully)

You could post your idea’s\wishes to the Wishlist.