COMODO Internet Security 3.9.74913.496 RC1 Bug Reports - LOCKED

The bug, that prevents you from removing more than one item at a time from the Trusted Software Vendors list is still there.
At least it seems, that a modified list isn’t set back to the default list anymore.

My OS is WinXP, SP3, no other security software on a virtual machine (VirtualBox 2.2)

Steps to reproduce:
Remove two or more items from the Trusted Software Vendors list, click apply, reopen the window:
Not all previously removed items stay removed

The issue was reported and described in this thread
https://forums.comodo.com/defense_bugs/cant_delete_any_of_my_trusted_software_vendors_v3864263468-t34549.0.html;msg248658#msg248658

AV exclusions are still scanned - just alarms don’t show up.

There should be crash report in cis installation folder. Could you attach or send me files CRASH.DMP and cmdagent.zip (all parts of it)

that’s by design behavior - exclusions means the files are not assumed infected. It does not means they will not be scanned.

If I have a file called ‘A.EXE’ in my exclusions and I manually replace it with a different executable renamed to 'A.EXE", will CIS detect the change and 1) report it, 2) remove ‘A.EXE’ from the exclusions or 3) continue to scan but not alert?

Just curious.

Ewen :slight_smile:

??? There isn’t one there

Judging by the information stored in the registry after an exclusion is made there is no way CIS can know whether it is the same file or not, therefore can only assume it would treat it as excluded. A better way would be to store hash information and compare that to the exclusion information and actual file on disk.

Jim

BSOD happened during My Computer scan.
I had a same problem with 4 previous non-beta versions.
Doesn’t happen always. Sometimes scanning goes without a problem.

I posted in appropriate BSOD-s section.

1. CPU Athlon 64 X2 4600+
  2. Windows XP pro, service pack 3, 32 bit
  3. CIS 3.9.73015.489 Beta
  4. Antivirus - default settings
  5. Firewall - custom policy mode
  6. Defense+ - clean PC mode
  7. Administrator account

https://forums.comodo.com/bug_report_cis/bsods_please_add_your_minidump_files_here-t26981.75.html

Thanks dchernyakov, I know that, but I’m asking if CIS requires internet connection during its own installation to TC proper function. Does it need it?

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision (Instructions for XP and Vista)
    Windows 32bit XP SP3

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
    None

In 3.9 beta

1. “miscelleneous” “help” clicking on it, its not working
  2. Submitting Quarantined item stay on “initialising” status.

I haven’t tried an installation without TC (then try to activate it), but I did notice during installation of CIS it connects to the server to register itself.

I can’t use CIS AV. It’s update requires too much time and slow down my pc.

WXPPSP3, CIS 3.9 BETA and Avira AntiVir 9.

I did notice that too.

Guys, could you please fix this https://forums.comodo.com/other_general_gui_etc_bugs/ugly_buttons_on_cav_detection_messages-t37580.0.html and correct this https://forums.comodo.com/other_general_gui_etc_bugs/properly_allign_cis_interface_elements-t37528.0.html ?

Thanks!

i think there is problem with export import option , i save a rules , after that try load it , and it load weird setting i never configure

i think its doesn’t save it properly, that why he u/l it all wrong

Did you export/import as Admin, meaning run CFP as admin?

yes , i use always admin on my pc , try play with export/import and see if it rely import the file u save .

1. Windows XP Professional 32 Bit Edition Service Pack 3
  2. AVG Free Edition 8.5, Webroot Spy Sweeper 6.1.0.110, Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware 1.36, Comodo Firewall 3.9 Beta

AVG detects a virus in the Comodo files while running a full system scan. It appears that the Comodo components are being detected as a threat.

Win32/PEPatch found at: C:/Program Files/COMODO/COMODO Internet Security/SCANNERS/heur.cav
Win32/PEPatch found at: C:/Program Files/COMODO/COMODO Internet Security/cmdagent.exe (1340)

I ran two AVG scans and it continues to show up

These would be false positives to report to AVG.

I don’t mean ‘log in as Admin’ I mean exit (close) CIS (the GUI) from the Tray (right click on it).
then restart CIS as Admin.
Yes, I have done this and Export/Import (both) worked properly. Make sure you export the active configuration. When you load the file, it’ll ask to name the file. Use the default if you wish or give it another name. Allow it to overwrite the existing configuration if you use the same name as already exists
(e.g. Proactive configuration active, I named my export file ‘test2’ in my Documents folder. I imported this file and allowed it to use the same name ‘Proactive’ that already existed - I overwrote the existing one with the saved one. All settings remained and are correct.)