COMODO Internet Security 3.9.74913.496 RC1 Bug Reports - LOCKED

You may be right unfortunately,sometimes security applications just don’t work in tandem.

Still having a bug where “Installation Mode” never switches back to normal mode after clicking “YES” on the popup.

Manually opening the main “Summary” window and clicking “Switch back to previous mode” does set it back to normal.

However the popup asking the Yes/No question should be working before the next release.

Hi, Please tell exact version of your CIS.
have you tried to exit and launch CIS GUI after boot-up?

Do you have any Defense+ rules for 3dmark installer?
Also look in explorer.exe Defense+ rule under access rights → run an executable → Modify… button
there are two lists in there, check is there is no 3dmark components in block list.

Another idea - if you install 3dmark and other application you noted are MSI packages - blocked msiexec could cause your problem - check rules for it in the same way as above.

Operating system: Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3 + online updates
CIS version: 3.9.74913.496
Other security software: None
Firewall security level: Custom Policy Mode
Defense+ security level: Clean PC Mode
Antivirus settings: Default
Database version: 1141
DPI: 120

Log Viewer’s Filters don’t work as expected, some of them don’t work at all.
I know it is not a priority, but if the feature like filtering logs is implemented in CIS one would expect it will work at some point of development.
Anyway, I’m too lazy to make a new report so I just quote original thread.

COMODO Internet Security 3.9.75615.498 RC2 Bug Reports starts after this message.

I would like to thank our moderator BAD_Frogger for cooperating with me using EasyVPN. With his help, we have identified the bug in CIS that could lead to a not-functioning firewall in Windows XP 64.

Egemen