Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

Hi peopleinside,

Thank you for reporting.
We will test and take this to the team notice.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

Hi joeg,

Thank you for reporting.
May i know you CIS version ?
And were you able to browse with other browsers besides opera ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi @C.O.M.O.D.O_RT Long time no see, will we get the new release soon?

2 Likes

Product version: 12.3.2.8124
Database version: 36656
Websites database: 70614

No custom setting (i.e. no applications have been added manually to the allowed nor blocked options) and all was standard install options. The only thing I selected was ‘Set alert frequency level’ = Very High, but I changed that and still have issue. Powered off laptop and still issue. Network always shows that it is trusted in CIS both with wifi and hardwired.
No VPN
As mentioned before, could not connect to internet in hotel but could connect to router. Contacted hotel network provider and they could see my computer and added my MAC manually but I still needed to disable the firewall to do anything on web.

Tried Firefox (125.0.3 (64-bit)) and Edge (Version 124.0.2478.80 (Official build) (64-bit)) and still the same thing.

No laughing at the laptop hardware for what I am doing it is good enough as I had a company laptop I always used.

Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
driver: 2013.12.331.2016

Qualcomm Atheros AR8162/8166/8168 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
driver: 2.1.0.16

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz|
|Installed RAM|8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|

|Edition|Windows 10 Home|
|Version|22H2|
|Installed on|‎4/‎20/‎2023|
|OS build|19045.4291|
|Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0|

Update: I deactivated the firewall to post this, then reactivated it and I am still can browse websites. Will update when it drops router connection or can not browse. Also took screen shot of ‘manage networks’ to see if anything changes on reconnect.

Hi joeg,

Thank you for providing the requested information.
We will test and update you.
However are using any other security software other than CIS ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

No other security software other then what Microsoft supplies with the OS.

I closed the screen on my laptop last night. ‘Close the lid’ setting are ‘Sleep’ for both battery and plugged in. This morning I opened the it up and the wifi router was disconnected. I reconnected to router and can browse websites. Checked the ‘Manage Networks’ and all is the same as values.

As I was typing this, got disconnected from router. On reconnecting to router, issue came back. Checked the ‘Manage Networks’ and all is the same values. Disconnected for router manually and reconnected same issue. Tried with Edge browser and still can not browse websites. Disactivated firewall to post here.

Neither 2024 nor 2025. I think they shouldn’t use any year in the name at all, and just use a naming system based on version number e.g. CIS 13, CIS 14…etc. (or if they want something fancier to highlight the turning point after so long lack of any mayor program update CIS X4, CIS X5 etc.)

Otherwise, if they miss to release any mayor update for more than a year (which is very likely considering their release cycles), such year based naming system makes it look like something outdated.

4 Likes

Which would be ideal to do as AVAST does. But for this to happen, a new version must always be released every month. like AVAST does.

1. As more time passes it reduces the confidence people have in the product.
  2. People get frustrated as its still in Beta.
  3. I use the product and as an all in 1 solution is centralised and more convenient.
  4. The longer Comodo can’t make their mind up what to do with it the more people will end switching to others out there.
  5. Any product out there right now is also not perfect but things get fixed ongoing with regular updates, it also gives everybody the latest every time and other companies are trying to stay ahead as well.
  6. People see and use a Beta as a 2nd best option as its not finished and may have gaps when the primary product is a full release product this is where the majority will go.
  7. People will more likely go for a security product with regular updates to stay cutting edge and try to stay ahead of the game as the security space vs the risks, vulnerabilities, nasty things online out there is the comfort feel people are looking for in their chosen product.

Where do Comodo want to be ?.

Only they can decide if they want to be cutting edge or 2nd best.
Offering a free solution will attract more customers and if these are satisfied customers will likely buy another Comodo product.
Comodo could make the CIS product create a stronger foundation to their business if they choose to.

2 Likes

When will the finale be released?

1 Like

Reinstalled CIS from scratch, database of sites: 41.

1 Like

Year numbering makes sense if you actually release things regularly. With Comodo sitting around leaving stuff to rot outdated, not so much as it just looks bad to have a security program with year number from 2 years ago.

1 Like

Comodo team, we need answers about the launch and the question that our friend @AATTUBATO asked are things that we need to know where is comodo?

Yes, @ AATTUBATO should be answered.

For some reassurance and peace of mind I have this:

I think it isn’t xcitium but cis, is it? Is xcitium and cis based on the same technology?

Or not?

There is to be read:

Xcitium Advanced Endpoint Protection includes VirusScope …

as cis does it too.

As for me - no problems with Windows 11 + latest cis beta version

I’ve seen just now: at the end of the link there is xcitium

2 Likes

Hi joeg,

Thank you for providing the requested information.
We have tested and couldn’t able to reproduce it.
However we will check with the dev team and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi megaherz33,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check and report this to the team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Failed to install Safe Shopping
Maybe it’s still difficult to access comodo servers from Chinese networks.

Avlab tests both Xcitium and Comodo Internet security. See below.

Source = https://avlab.pl/en/recent-results/

2 Likes

Yes, therefore I wrote at the end of my post:

The discussion here got me thinking again.

Asking to finally present a final version could lead to simply renaming the beta version to a final version (please don’t take this too seriously).

@Staff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6sTSDXUV60&t=47s
Security Vulnrability found in Xcitium Beta
Ransomware encrypted the system
Containment has many bugs please fix this in final release