Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

You cannot download the full database of signatures, only a lightweight one.

Yes, you can. See below.

I know where to tick the boxes. I say that when activating this feature, the full database is not downloaded or installed, either with a direct connection or via VPN. You have to disable and use the light base by default.

Not an issue at my end.

Light Signature Folder properties:

Light Signatures

Prompt when selecting the Full Signature option:

Prompt

You then need to re-select the box.

Notification:

Notification

Download in progress:

Signature installation:

Full Signature Folder properties:

Full Signature Installed

Selecting the option again asks you to reload the UI with Admin Signatures and you have to re-uncheck the box and it then re-downloads the Light Database.

Why are you writing this information))) I repeat, the full database is not downloaded, you tell me in a circle how to tick the boxes. I repeat, I am aware. For the far desk, I repeat once again, the light database is downloaded and installed, the full one is not downloaded, installed or updated. Apparently there are problems on the servers.

It installed fine on my PC.

Folder with Light Database Properties: (249 MB)

Light Signatures

Folder with Full Signature Database Properties: (607 MB)

Full Signature Installed

Downloaded and installed full signature base without issue here.

Does it not show you the prompts above? Which CIS Theme are you using?

1 Like

The latest beta is in use. Stop showing pictures. The lite version is downloaded and installed, the full version has stopped downloading. What is not clear from what has been said?

1 Like

Perhaps I misunderstood your issue. You said there was something wrong with the servers. I’m in the UK and not having an issue with the update servers so it’s working at my end and can’t reproduce.

Are you using a VPN? Anything in the Logs being blocked at the time your trying to update? At what stage does the error happen?

Finally upgraded to 11, Installed this beta and its running really good.

1 Like

Yes me too, I removed CIS stable as get my PC frozen on Windows 11. Also Internet was slow, now with the new CIS Beta is better so for me the beta version is better then the two years old stable version :slight_smile:
Would be nice to see a CIS theme that respect the OS dark / light scheme.
I hope my Beta will soon update to the new 2024 stable one when will be released :slight_smile:

We are waiting for this final version to arrive.
I really wanted to know the release date, but no one knows. If anyone knows about the release date, please inform us here.
Guys, the ICONE that is on the task bar has to be modified, to a more modern one, combining with today’s new technologies.

@DeathCat
I also had the problem that the VirSig. were not loaded. Reset the Windows firewall once (preferably before installing CIS). It helped me.

Actually I meant “Lycia” not “Modern” (I confused the name of the theme). It is my favourite too but just because the current 2024 theme hasn’t a comprensive “summary” in its main view. I hope to see an Advanced View at least so comprensive and possibly even more informative (e.g. with data transfer stats in addition to connection counts in firewall section).

I agree with you, there should be another detailed option in the interface, making it easier for all users.

The most recent estimate is we will get the next release before the end of last month. I hope that helps cure your desire for a release date. The icon is a graphic. What technologies are you expecting there to be in a graphic?

Hello DeathCat

I’ve encountered the same problem 7 times out of 10.

If you want this to be dealt with, it’s best to contact the developers of CIS beta 2025.

(PS : It’s just as likely to be a server problem as a programming problem…)

You could change the icon by removing this one and adding another. It could be a shield like Kaspersky, Eset, AVAST, AVG…

If I had a billion or two, I’d give it to Comodo to finish this beta!

Frankly, now that we’re almost at the end of the beta, I don’t think it was a good thing that it was tested in public, because it forced us to say what was wrong, and therefore to criticize the software.

It would have been better to pass this on to the developers directly.

I hope this is the last time and that the next beta will avoid exposing all this online! :expressionless:

My friend has a lot of bugs, the ones that have been fixed and the ones that still exist. Just walk around the forum where there are a lot of people always having a problem.

1 Like