Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

So why are the cybersecurity vendors are not releasing their historical real world data?

Xcitium is doing really well yea

1 Like

Something went wrong in my post.
** :roll_eyes:**

A new old discussion?

In all the years Iā€™ve been using comodo, Iā€™ve had no Rasnomware, worms, rootkits, etc., no fishing emails.
I scan my PC with Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, comodo, KVRT - unfortunately they donā€™t find anything. What more do I want? There is also a difference, as explained quite accurately, I think by EricClypt, that comodo is not the nanny of user behavior (very important), but of program behavior - and comodo does this job excellently, at least in my case.

Since yesterday I installed BETA 3 and I think it will protect my PC just as well as 8012 even though it is still a beta version.

2 Likes

Cybersecurity companyā€™s own historical data vs AV Test results are two very different things.

2 Likes

Comodo Internet Security & Xcitium are Product of the year again!

3 Likes

I believe itā€™s something to do with HTTPS filtering but itā€™s been like that for some time.

Only if you blacklist them yourself or you can add wildcards but it only works in the URL not the page itself.

CIS is there to protect you for anything that gets onto your system and while it has a blacklist of websites in itā€™s website filtering database, your browserā€™s job is to protect you from bad sites and phishing. Edge that uses SmartScreenCh, romium browsers that use Google Safe Browsing and Firefox uses Google Safe Browsing and they have a more comprehensive blacklist. Extensions like Netcraft will provide you with additional phishing protection and there are others for malicious pages.

As soon as anything is put it memory to be saved to disk, itā€™ll be blocked/contained by CIS.

For example, downloading the eicar test file zip 2 which is the only one of them on the eicar test file that Smartscreen doesnā€™t detect initially, gets detected as soon as the browser tries to save the file to disk. Hence the UnconfirmedxxxxDownload extension in the screenshot below.

Hoping for Advanced View with the new UI in the stable and / or addressing the scale size. Thankfully I can swap out to Lycia Theme in the mean time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOLā€¦are you serious? you sound like someone who got banned recently :wink:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I asked myself. For me there is only one answer.
Here once more:

Something went wrong in my post above.

A new old discussion?

In all the years Iā€™ve been using comodo, Iā€™ve had no Rasnomware, worms, rootkits, etc., no fishing emails.
I scan my PC with Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, comodo, KVRT - unfortunately they donā€™t find anything.
I think it was EricCryptid who showed the difference between user behavior and program behavior, and comodo is not the nanny for user behavior - an important aspect as well. And in my case, comodo has done an excellent job of monitoring program behavior so far. And my financial institution does not recommend comodos firewall among others from an inebriated state.

Indeed the this and that part of his sentence makes me wonderā€¦

2 Likes

I think itā€™s not worth continuing this discussion.

1 Like

A Lycia Dark Theme would be nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Real improvements such as bug fixes and wish requests would be far better to be implemented.
Does upcoming CIS release have any bug fixes or wishes implemented?
If so, which ones?

2 Likes

I have been using Comodo since beta 2 and know well how it protects and works. Protection is not my concern, and I also keep the website filtering disabled as itā€™s ineffective and browsers provide sufficient protection.

I plan to replace the security software on my family systems with Comodo 2024 stable. I thought I would use web filtering for custom and inappropriate content blocking with filterlists. Letā€™s see if Comodo fixes web filtering in the upcoming stable release.

2 Likes

Family members can bypass website blocking when they use other browser(s) than Firefox. That makes Website filtering pretty useless unless CIS supports every browser on earth which is highly unlikely.

1 Like

You explain it very well! Thank you!

this is why Cybersecurity Vendorā€™s releasing their historical data as to how well they have done protecting their users is a very important piece of data.

Why donā€™t other companies release this data?

Comodo does Comodo Transparency Page - Historical Statistics

2 Likes

@Melih
Iā€™ve reported the problem below in the bug reporting part of the forum, and also twice in this topic, but without an answer so far. Do you have a answer for me please?

Despite the announcement saying ā€œYou may also upgrade the existing version to the new Beta version via the ā€œUpdateā€ option.ā€, I still canā€™t update from the previous beta to this new beta version.
The Update tool keeps saying that CIS is up to date.
Others have reported the same issue.

Thank you

I couldnā€™t install Beta 3, there were still remnants of 8012, despite the official uninstaller from comodo. I deleted manually without success. Last ā€œrescueā€: I used Revo and then it worked.

Wondering why Comodo support staff doesnā€™t provide you with an answer.

1 Like