Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

Comodo’s AV has always been weak and they won’t improve it.
Comodo’s protection relies on running untrusted exe in containment.

1 Like

Not detected by these on VirusTotal

Emsisoft Emergency Kit Result:

Malware Scan - Nothing found

EEK Extension folder Scan:

I don’t have 360 Total but these others not detecting the file. Downloading HitmanPro for it’s check of my system with this extension installed but even Microsoft not detecting it.

File is uknown to CyberLock but 2nd opinion just leads to VT page: Virus Total

This is a false positive and not an issue with Comodo’s detection algorithm.

Eric

Sorry to say the file version you are checking is completely different from the file version of the malware running on my system and so on my system multiple other scanners detected it including Norton power eraser & Eset Online scanner. Everyone knows that Comodo’s antivirus engine was always weak in terms of detection/protection/proactive protection/proper removal of threats and malwares. So without any further discussion about this there is only one way for rectifying this issue that is to make significant amount of improvements in the final stable release of Comodo 2024 that’s that.

Okay, perhaps you didn’t download the extension from the Chrome Store like I did.

Can you at least share the SHA number and version number or VirusTotal scan result?

We’ll see what comes with improve detection in the upcoming stable.

1 Like

Certainly it isn’t a bug nor relevant to be reported in this Beta topic.
Furthermore, I don’t see anybody (CIS users and mods) anymore on this forum submitting SHA hashes of unknowns to be added to their AV database to improve detection rate. Those times are gone…

1 Like

I will definitely do next time but this is not the right way to get improvements in the product.
We users are giving feedbacks for years to make necessary improvements so it should be done without any arguments for the benefit of all Comodo users and the product itself.

1 Like

I had the same problems with malware infections not detected and not stopped by Comodo CIS…

I was answered with a video…

1 Like

It can be done for fun… :man_surfing: but you need a powerful PC…

Hi nanto01,

For your secondary analyses, you’ll also find ESET Online, F-Secure On-Line and RogueKiller, which is exceptional.

The three you mentioned, Malwarebytes, Hitmanpro and the Emsisoft emergency kit, are also very good.

Also Kaspersky KSC, Sophos Scan and Clean and TrendMicro HouseCall, if memory serves.

With these, there’s no need to look any further. 360 what’s-his-name isn’t very reputable…
Norton is a real gas factory and a money-spinner… I absolutely avoid it.

The best is Comodo CIS … if it can correlate its antivirus base with its blocking actions and feedback to Valkyrie.

It’s quite extraordinary to have an instrument as powerful as Valkyrie and not use it to complete your antiviral database!

My final method is, from time to time, to clone the Windows disk containing Comodo. Then, on the cloned disk, install BitDefender or other programs instead… There were some surprises… There were fewer before…

1 Like

What’s the purpose of endlessly flooding this Beta topic with non relevant messages…
Is it meant to distract attention and divert discussion of the real Beta issues???
It’s totally getting out of hand…
It has to be this way for some reason so it seems…
Proper moderation has gone long time ago…

3 Likes

Cisfan… “Those days are over…” because all this is automated now and even more so with artificial intelligence.

A robot is able to analyze changes in the PC and registry during an attack and classify them according to type.

That’s better than submitting heaps of inert virus collections to antivirus programs, as we see on some test sites or videos. In this sense, Comodo is right and has been a forerunner in this field.

But now Comodo has such a good watchdog for his sheep, he’s so happy and proud of them, that he’s starting to say we don’t need any more barriers…

We’re the only ones creating traffic to generate interest in the beta… if we stop, the subject is dead…

Don’t you see how many people have already jumped ship?

What’s more, no one is coming…

I contacted Comodo support at the beginning of February… I’m still waiting for an answer…
OK… Let’s give it a try…

I’m going away for a week, who’s going to talk about the beta?

They don’t listen to us, they don’t read us…

We tried to save this brand… that’s all!

But it’s true that calling us out all the time won’t change anything. You’re right about that.
Hope seems dead…

I went to the other pages… it looks the same…

Well… I’ve got my own alternatives…

Your advice is wise, we’re wearing ourselves out for nothing.

Too much delay, no information, no consideration for customers.

I’ll do like C_O_M_O_D_O_RT, I’ll take a vacation. A week of BitDefender will do me good :-)) Thank you all for sharing your common interest in Comodo and its beta.

2 Likes

360 Total security is not reputable but it’s antivirus engine is much much powerful and can detect more forms of various threats & malwares compared to Comodo’s present antivirus engine which shouldn’t be the case .

Yes Valkyrie should be in CIS 2024

1 Like

Thanks for the new CIS beta. CIS beta has been running on my PC for 2 days now.
However, during installation I had to reset the Windows Firewall to receive the updates for the CIS. For whatever reason?

Now there are no more problems with CIS beta and I am satisfied ^^

Welcome to the Comodo Community Butzmen.

Uninstall remnants when uninstalling Final Beta:

Startup Entry
Value data = “C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdinstall.exe” -log -type “local” -camevent “uninstall”

Driver leftovers:
CMD with Admin Rights
Command: Dism /online /Get-Drivers /Format:Table

Running Official Uninstaller now to check result.

Items still there after running uninstaller ciscleanuptool_x64 Old v3.0.0.41 & CisCleanupTool_x64_3.1.0.45

Manual removal is easy enough, just highlighting as listed as fixed which seems to have only removed the Event Log entry.

quote:“You may also upgrade the existing version to the new Beta version via the “Update” option.”
nope that doest work!
see attachment
PS: How many Issues/bugs/glitches are still there?, still in beta after almost 1 year… btw there are some issues i have notice I may

will upload a video to show some…

error messages after updating to this newest beta version:

“my username is program”

PLS, I need the newest deinstall/cleaning tool…