Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

So far this update is WAY better than the previous. I’m having almost no false positives now, even with HIPS training mode on.
According to @cruelsister , HIPS is not needed if you configure Auto-Containment to Run Virtually in Restricted mode. Do you all agree with her regarding this?

there is also Valkyrie

Yes despite of having so many things malwares and viruses are evading and infecting systems and has to be removed by other third party scanners and this and that, so final conclusion is antivirus engine itself needs to be improved a lot that’s that.

Many many CIS users have reported bugs and Wish requests for many many years.
CIS users and forum visitors were getting sick and tired of the false promises that’s the reason why so many CIS users and forum visitors have abandoned CIS and this forum.
Comodo isn’t being taken seriously anymore…
It’s their own fault…

2 Likes

Just my luck for the question in my last reply to get overlooked… :grimacing:

…According to @cruelsister , HIPS is not needed if you configure Auto-Containment to Run Virtually in Restricted mode. Do you all agree with her regarding this?..

What is the 2nd best alternative to Comodo Firewall?

When CIS config gets corrupted cruelsister won’t protect you with or without HIPS…

3 Likes

Norton Firewall , Bitdefender Firewall, Eset Firewall, Kaspersky Firewall and all of them has also got network intrusion detection/prevention module along with the firewall and they all are extremely powerful and well equipped.

1 Like

Hi Alexandre01,

Whatever you may read, my personal advice to you is to always enable HIPS.

I’ve been using Comodo CIS for ages and more than once HIPS has saved my life.

Of course, if you only do office work with only LibreOffice installed on your PC and you only surf on 2 or 3 sites, you might consider removing it…

But if you have children who can bring anything back on a USB key… Activate it without hesitation!

In the past, I had a lot of trouble getting two engineering friends to admit that I had found a virus that was attacking hardware. In fact, a guy had fun programming something that forced the frequency of the CRT monitors beyond their limits, until I lost two great Yiiama monitors from the era. Anyway… if I had had HIPS enabled at that time, this might not have happened. Because CIS without HIPS had noticed nothing…

Since then, for me, it’s HIPS or nothing!

1 Like

Yes, and they also have sandbox or containment or isolated browser techniques.

that doesn’t stop them from being efficient in the rest…

1 Like

The best alternative to Comodo Firewall is Comodo CIS 2024 with all bugs fixed and better cataloging of attacks and harmful findings in the general database. :wink:

2 Likes

What do you mean by CIS config? Is this a specific file in the Program File folder(s)?

This reminded me of a really neat trick to stop Windows from spying on you made by The PC Security Channel on YT. It also gets rid of the garbage on a new tab page of Microsoft Edge. You edit your Hosts file as an admin in System32, Drivers, etc…to resolve a list of specific domains to 127.0.0.1 :

For some reason when I use the non-beta version for Windows 10 and lower on my Windows 11 Pro Dell PC, it doesn’t cause any problems at all. Does the non-beta old one cause problems for you on any of your Windows 11 machines?

Kaspersky can’t be trusted as they still sell their services in Russia and have an office in Moscow, Russia. Not talking about Eugene Kaspersky’s race, I’m talking about the Russian government and philosophy system.

Very well said, remember it was almost 17 years ago around 2007/2008 when Comodo v3/v4 versions was the king of the software firewall industry literally. It used to block the most dangerous forms of network attacks coming out from anywhere be it Tor or Torrent networks or anything else and at that point of time Comodo firewall’s overall network protection capabilities were 99.99 percentage which was way way ahead of Norton, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Eset or any other big names . But now it is 2024 almost 17 years have gone that is a massive amount of time in which so many big incidents has happened in all corners of the world. But standing in 2024 Norton, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Eset, Kaspersky has improved vastly in terms of overall security protection and everything whereas on the other hand Comodo was supposed to be way way ahead in terms of everything but unluckily it didn’t happened , so we all are actually waiting for something special comeback again from all of our favorite security software Comodo in terms of everything specially advanced security/protection/detections/proper removal capabilities, stability and all bug fixes, newly updated web & browser protection extension, more updated and improved firewall and everything else. So we all should wait patiently for some more time since we already have waited so long and hope that Comodo stable release 2024 will definitely fullfill all of our requests and suggestions made here that’s all.

1 Like

Yes! The Cruelsister Variation is a very powerful defense.

Just now: BSOD with GDRV3.sys from Gigabyte Technology

This often happens on the PC where Comodo is installed and not on the others…

Representative image from the Internet…

Seriously, you are using CIS and you don’t know what CIS config is or means or where to find it???

1. Comodo CIS blocks this process:

"(Get-ItemProperty HKCU:\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* | Where-Object {$_.DisplayName -LIKE ‘Evernote Legacy v. *’}).UninstallString " > “C:\Users\jrinf\AppData\Local\Temp\uninstall.out”

This is the Evernote update.

1. I don’t unblock or authorize it

2. However, the Evernote update still took place…

What does it mean if you can’t register your software license on the first try in 2024?

Even the smallest software publishers know how to do it!

It’s really upsetting…

Please correct this with version 2024!