Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

Xcitium has access to this forum or at least they do read everything on this forum including the bug list…
Xcitium already knows the bug list…
No need to double post the bug list to Xcitium…

Not really.

You will rarely get response when you put a bug report here, however the staff interact very frequently and effectively when you put the same report on Xcitium forum. That is the difference.

2 Likes

True, we get rarely to almost no response here on this forum on bugs that have been reported here.

To my knowledge Xcitium forum handles only corporate Xcitium CIS version issues not consumer CIS version issues so posting the consumer bug list there won’t be effective at all I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Lots of issues persist both in CIS and XCS due to the XCS first origins from CIS and the CIS seems to share the development of XCS later. It inherites many bugs of CIS. Hence, if you find the same bug, you have to choose to report it in the Xcitium forum. In such a complex manner to build a poor but sole hope in getting bug fix for CIS. What a sincere bulk of users we are for CIS.

2 Likes

Indeed XCS and CIS share the same codebase but it’s rather a complex and tedious route having to use XCS to find equal matching bugs which occur both in XCS and in CIS under same conditions and than report the equal matching bugs (again) on XCS forum in hopes to get those bugs fixed for both XCS and CIS. This route won’t be very fruitful.

We had a commitment from the staff here on this forum that all CIS bugs would be resolved and I wonder what is left of it given the absence of support staff quite some time now…

1 Like

We also need to keep our feet on the ground. Developing a beta version without checking out the user feedback on the beta page would be pretty serious. So… trust :slightly_smiling_face: :man_in_lotus_position:

And then… they’ve never replied, but I think they already know everything thanks to telemetry.

Well… since we’re talking about bugs…

Here are the latest:

Diagnosis results :

By the way, regarding Silverlight… Here’s what I read on the Wikipedia page:

Microsoft announced the end of Silverlight 5 development in 2012, except for patches. It is no longer supported at all as of October 12, 2021.

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to take advantage of this restructuring of Comodo CIS, to switch to something other than Silverlight, which is now outdated and no longer up to date, and whose possible flaws are no longer fixed and others could appear?

Would JavaFX also enable a new version of Comodo CIS for Linux?

1 Like

Please: who of you here knows, whether the Geekbuddy guys need technical authorization, via a user-issued code, to intervene on the remote PC?

I’ve read that he can enter the remote PC without any prior authorization, via an unlock from the user.

Is this true?

Personally, I’ve never needed help. However, I wouldn’t want a clumsy or frustrated remote employee to connect to my PC without my permission…

Who’s ever used Geekbuddy?

How does it work in real life?

I’m asking because, if it does, we urgently need to propose that security be added to the new 2024 version!

Hi All,

Bringing another serious miss from the Realtime Antivirus detection/protection of latest Comodo beta & it wasn’t even stopped or detected by any other features in Comodo which many people’s have shouted and tried to explain previously that if this is that then is that kinda things but it didn’t worked.
This time is was some kinda unknown js script based malware.

So I guess it’s really really important and serious that the developers should priorly focus on improving the antivirus engine and it’s proactive protection/detection/removal capabilites by any means in the final stable release that’s that.

1 Like

Hi nanto01,

Checking that file on VirusTotal it is showing as ’ Clean ’ by the majority of vendors with none of them showing any suspicions :-

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/domain/ex_virus.js.phish.al ( The link is not working but you can got to Virus Total and search manually )

I couldn’t agree with you more.

Alas, as I had my doubts too, I made alternative scans myself.

Here’s the usual answer:

It doesn’t matter, since Comodo CIS will always prevent these unfortunate oversights from being active by blocking them every time.

So it’s the battle of prevention versus prophylaxis…

I think Comodo CIS could be the only one to win both battles. (As I wrote above).

They have what it takes.

There’s only one infection that went through Comodo CIS (of all of them) that really worried me.

I bought some software online. The guy gave me a real valid license.
Only, he lost the original CD.
He downloaded, I don’t know where, a copy and sent it to me with the license.
Only, lo and behold, the software was “patched”.

In other words, it wasn’t the same software, even though it had been validated as a trusted publisher in Comodo CIS.

This program destroyed nothing. But did it communicate my personal information to people I don’t know?

How does Comodo CIS manage patched software with a valid certificate?

Does CIS monitor who my information is sent to?

I don’t think so. That, too, is the future of cybersecurity. A trusted third-party filter for URLs and IP addresses.

Because, for the moment, that’s not the case.

When I tested version 1 of the beta, I had connections going to Russia…

Can a Comodo engineer tell us whether patched software that retains an approved publisher’s certificate validation can fool CIS?

I hope a publisher’s certificate isn’t an absolute blank cheque to read and transmit personal info to unknown third parties…

I always keep exactly the same Windows cloned on other disks, with the difference that on the others, there are other security solutions.

In this particular case, other security solutions have reacted differently.

I do this every time I buy second-hand software. It’s amazing how many second-hand programs are not genuine, but patched, and some with fake licenses to boot (validated by the patch). (I prefer the originals).

I invite you to give it a try.

I think there’s room for improvement here.

Also, you can be a legitimate piece of software, but with dubious intentions…

Another thing, I intervened on the host file and I didn’t get any protection alarm… :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

For me, the most serious thing about Comodo CIS is the loss of configuration at startup.

I assign very specific rules to software.

For some foreign publishers, I change the trusted publisher to unknown publisher. The world is breaking apart, and we are going to live less and less in a world of care bears…

Just because I trust a well-known backup software to save my private data on my backup drive does not mean I will allow it to transmit information over the Internet. (etc., etc…)

So, everything is set like clockwork.

However, and this is just an example, this software makes an automatic backup each time the PC wakes up automatically, that is to say every morning.

so it’s not nice, when you arrive at the PC in the afternoon, to find that the rules assigned to Comodo CIS have been erased, and that the said backup software was able to connect as it wished, with his home country !

Buying a goalkeeper is not to have a sieve.

This is a very serious bug.

Please correct urgently!

THANKS !

1 Like

That doesn’t makes any sense at all because the pattern of the virus file that was present in my system could be different from the one present in virus total screenshot that you checked.

1 Like

No one from Comodo said it here, but we shouldn’t worry about the good transmission of our opinions to the beta dev department, because let’s not forget that Comodo is also the publisher of ITARIAN, a software dedicated to this!

I recently had a similar case, a Trojan - I’m scared. Also posted as such in the Trojan Help Forum. No software on Virus-Total recognized him as such. It is a Microsoft certified necessary driver. At first I was disappointed with Comodo, thinking it should have recognized something like that.

1 Like

That is what I meant. I would never buy second-hand software or software from some “cheap retailers”, especially in today’s cyber age. I also don’t load any “great tools” onto the computer, perhaps one reason why my PC stays clean. Software only from reputable dealers (if downloads) and there are not many of them - or directly from the manufacturer.

The many requests made to Comodo regarding this and that setting option are suspicious to me. I can agree with two or three, but otherwise.
As I mentioned before, you never know what someone will do with their PC.

2 Likes

This forum is completely unmanaged, looking at this massive posting of topic irrelevant messages.

The whole forum is acting as one big sandbox in a playground for CIS users to play in with scoops and buckets. Much goes in but nothing useful comes out of it.

2 Likes

Check with file hash etc. ?

Exactly, hope they listen to all our requests now and understands why it is so much important and necessary to really improve the realtime proactive strength & protection/detection/removal capabilites of the antivirus engine itself.

1 Like