Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

All options inform that:
1- Check for Program updates
2- Download program update
If enabled. Program updates will be automatically downloaded. you will still have to choose when to install them.
3- Automatically install critical program updates (Requires system restart)
4- Check database updates every.

Observing these options, even using the 2024 Beta version, these checked options inform that I will have an automatic update as soon as the final version comes out.

It was what I understood. Am I right?

In the past, it has notified you of a program update but updating over a Beta Version isn’t always recommended. I’ve had issues updating over Beta version in builds some years ago but you can always try and see if it causes problems when the final does come out.

I expect the Devs will advise users to uninstall the Beta version first.

1 Like

So whoever has the older version before this 2024 beta version, do you think it will update without having to download and install it since it is an old version?
Sorry for asking these questions, I’m new here on the FORUM. I’ve been using this version for a short time.
I’m thinking of using the older one. for when you update to the new one without any problems.

Either version will show a Program Update but the Current Beta is closer to the the upcoming stable version. A number of changes / improvements have been made between versions. Which ever version you do use, we always advise on doing a Fresh Install. CIS doesn’t require a lot of setup and you can always export your configuration before updating.

Could you ask one more question?
When the final version arrives, the name of the product will be called “BETA”
As I have never been through this situation, I would like to know if the name “BETA” will be removed?

Yes, the name will be change to Comodo Internet Security 2024 v 12.x.x.xxxx without the Beta. For example, see the Comodo Internet Security .8012 Release topic: https://forums.comodo.com/t/comodo-internet-security-2020-v12-2-2-8012-released/320209

2 Likes

will users of the beta get updated to the stable when the stable comes out?

Good afternoon friend, your question you just asked. I had already done it, the answer was yes. It will be updated normally, according to the moderators here on the forum.
I think I’m in the same situation as you, I’m using CIS BETA. When the final version arrives, my question would be whether it would be updated, and the moderators answered yes.
So I’ll be waiting here for the final version to arrive.
Hugs. :smiley:

1 Like

I have just installed the beta. CIS home in new default theme should be more informative.
It’s not clear how you ended with decision to leave in main CIS home just an empty view with only the start a quickscan button.

Quick scan it is not and has never been the strongest point of CIS and it isn’t the reason why most users choose Comodo. If one decides to use Comodo rather than staying with Windows Defender or one of other popular malware scanners, it is for its more advanced features with more fine grain control.

I consider the Firewall integration the main advantage of Comodo over the competitors and with new theme, the firewall activities and main stats are basically hidden as if they are a little importance secondary feature and you have to dig in the menu to find firewall connections activities and events, without any summary readily available in the home.
If you wanted to simplify the new interface you should have let at least an “Advanced mode” to not downgrade the UI capabilities.
I know you could still choose the old “modern” theme but that now is graphically outdated.

Is there any chance to get a “more modern” modern interface or a more informative default theme?

PS
The first post should include the list of known issues of beta version.

2 Likes

The last I heard, there were plans for an Advanced View and the UI scaling has been mentioned previously.

I still prefer the old theme Lycia which you can swap to in the setttings.

I like the arcadia theme better

I wanted the CIS team to develop other themes, giving more flexibility. Now focusing on us users, modifying the theme color to DARK or any other color that we would like to modify.

kkkkkkkk I don’t think that this is possible, but there are several software programs that have this customization so I think it can be done. :upside_down_face:
hugs

Looking for a more informative current beta theme. e.g. Advanced View

There is already a Dark Theme for the current Beta UI

1 Like

It could be other themes besides those that have been around for more than 10 years, I think.
You could modify it by looking at other products like Kaspersky, Eset, AVAST and others. :sweat_smile:

You cannot download the full database of signatures, only a lightweight one.

Yes, you can. See below.

I know where to tick the boxes. I say that when activating this feature, the full database is not downloaded or installed, either with a direct connection or via VPN. You have to disable and use the light base by default.

Not an issue at my end.

Light Signature Folder properties:

Light Signatures

Prompt when selecting the Full Signature option:

Prompt

You then need to re-select the box.

Notification:

Notification

Download in progress:

Signature installation:

Full Signature Folder properties:

Full Signature Installed

Selecting the option again asks you to reload the UI with Admin Signatures and you have to re-uncheck the box and it then re-downloads the Light Database.

Why are you writing this information))) I repeat, the full database is not downloaded, you tell me in a circle how to tick the boxes. I repeat, I am aware. For the far desk, I repeat once again, the light database is downloaded and installed, the full one is not downloaded, installed or updated. Apparently there are problems on the servers.

It installed fine on my PC.

Folder with Light Database Properties: (249 MB)

Light Signatures

Folder with Full Signature Database Properties: (607 MB)

Full Signature Installed

Downloaded and installed full signature base without issue here.

Does it not show you the prompts above? Which CIS Theme are you using?

1 Like