Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

Regarding the beta test:

I set Comodo CIS to update every hour.

We see here mentioned “03 hours”.

You may think that something is not working.

Suggestion :

For version 2025: even if there was nothing to download, it might be better to mention the last time he logged in, rather than the last time he found something to download .

This way we would know that the update function is going correctly as expected.

Indeed, for me too, Brave takes a very long time to open…

After 12 minutes, Brave still hasn’t opened…

I therefore consider that there is a problem…

Even worse:

To compare, I decide to launch Firefox in virtual mode. Astonishment, no green borders around it… (It’s already open as normal, by the way)
however, a new profile has been created here:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

New tests with other browsers:
Basilik: Immediate, no green border
Internet Explorer: no startup
Norton Browser: very fast, no green border
Opera: very fast, no border
Midori: Very fast, no green border
In short… no green border
As you can see below, it’s strange: it’s as if virtualization needed my authorization… Is it in the blocked applications?
I’ve got a lot of work to do this afternoon, so there’s absolutely no time to look into the problem right now.

So, to answer the question: at home, Brave doesn’t launch at all in virtualized mode.

1 Like

Here’s a small list of problems from the beta that I’ve referenced below:

Comodo CIS 2024 beta no longer responding

An untrusted certificate problem is detected by an Nvidia application (Omniverse), but not by Comodo CIS 2024.

Is Comodo CIS 2024 Beta able to account for WinSock alterations?

Comodo CIS 2024 configuration deletion fails

Comodo CIS 2024 beta no longer recognizes the Windows operating system

The icons normally present here have disappeared:

Completely useless ARP alerts on local networks (within 24 hours)

Unable to whitelist ARP protocol for local network or specific IP addresses

Waiting time far too long in 2024, a waiting animation would be desirable (please)

What is it?
No application name, no publisher’s name, just empty space.
Impossible to give a rating as a result!
No SHA1 or MD5?

Only one application left here
Or that there’s no connection, while I’m surfing and downloading and listening to streaming music…

That’s all for today! :wave: :man_in_lotus_position:

Oh, I forgot… :man_in_lotus_position:

Still on the subject of beta 2025.

When adding exclusions, via a folder to exclude, it would be nice if you could fill in a path by pasting it in, for example.

What’s more, there’s no mention of whether sub-folders are affected.

It would be great to be able to check a box allowing sub-folders to be included. (Many thanks in advance)

For me only brave behaves like this, but when it opens it does with the green border. Also I cannot confirm this bug, everything I open, does open with the green border.
I am using a different interface which displays the widget correctly.
Networks intrusions are not buggy, I always have 5000 after a couple of hours because I manually block dozens of apps.

I tried again to see if I had the same problem as you with launching the Brave browser in “virtual” mode.

It doesn’t launch at all.

The other browsers lace up without a problem, but they’re not virtualized!

However, the Comodo CIS diagnosis is good, it doesn’t mention any problem.

I don’t understand why I have to unblock virtkiosk.exe from Comodo in HIPS?
On the one hand, it’s dangerous, because how do I know whether I’m only unblocking its launch or the launch of all virtualization or containment?

On the other hand, I don’t understand why Comodo has to be unlocked by Comodo itself?
Someone is going to tell me that it’s most certainly my fault and the rules I’ve written into the configuration, but, in advance, I’m saying that I don’t think it should be possible to create rules that prevent the software itself from working properly.

This should be corrected in the Comodo CIS 2025 version too.

PS: it runs like this non-stop, but the virtual desktop never arrives.

PS 2: No other security software is running at the time of testing.

1 Like

Am I dreaming, or has Malwarebytes bought out Comodo Xcitium?

The subject has been moved here:
Malwarebytes Comodo Xcitium EDR - Comodo Forum

1 Like

It loaded in 5 seconds, although Dragon is not installed.

No problem to run Brave in
virtuell mode
secure shopping
virtuell desktop

1 Like

Thanks Prodex!

Comodo CIS had lost the configuration again and again, hence the problems.

If there’s one thing that would make me abandon Comodo CIS, it’s the redundant loss of custom configuration.

I find this unacceptable in security software!

A fresh Windows installation should be saved and restored before testing various protection software. This is the only way to guarantee normal operation, without any problems caused by residues.

1 Like

Systems are behaving differently indeed, just a little change in the hardware / software config, could impact how Comodo behaves as well. Amazing!

It makes me happy to read that… :laughing: :laughing:
Because since October, I’m on my 8th Windows installation, just to be able to properly test the Comodo CIS 2024 beta!
4 in Windows 10
3 in Windows 11
and unfortunately, 1 in Windows 10 upgraded to Windows 11.
This doesn’t change the problems encountered.
In fact, I’m encountering the same kind of difficulties as those described here:

Time to say goodbye to Xcitium - General Announcements - Xcitium Forum (I feel concerned by what he says)
Except… me… I’m still here…

I see only one solution:
Uninstall everything and wait for the next version of beta 2025, which will perhaps correct a series of bugs.
I’ll be watching from time to time to see if Cisfan, dongaz, nanto01 hold out and if the situation evolves for them.
In the meantime, I’ll try not to reinstall it for the whole of April…
Seen from the outside, my absence will give the impression that Comodo CIS 2024 is working very well.

:grinning: :man_in_lotus_position: :wave: :raised_hands: :innocent: :sun_with_face: :parasol_on_ground: :man_surfing:

It works well for me until 5.12 - 2024 Beta3. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re going to make me cry… :laughing: :fearful: :cold_sweat: :sob: :sob: :sob: Goooooooodbye! :wave: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Do you have a full list of this problems? How many are they?

Just a last word to say that on the last Windows installed with Comodo CIS 2024 beta, I also installed the AOMEI Backupper recovery environment…

You never know if it might have something to do with all the malfunctions… I’ll let the staff take this into account.

For April and early May, for me it’s Comodo vacations :grinning::wave:t2:

Thank you very much for your interest Freeman1.

Here is my answer:

Far too many for a security application. In such a hostile and dangerous (digital) world, you need to be totally sure of what you’re using.

The fact that Comodo CIS doesn’t realize that virtualizing and sandboxing applications doesn’t work is, for me, the most dangerous thing of all. I thought I was safe because any unknown attacks would be automatically sandboxed or virtualized, and in fact it didn’t work, and Comodo didn’t know that!

So we’re back to the initial point I made several months ago: Comodo doesn’t do enough self-testing on its own functions to know whether they’re working properly.

This is something that absolutely must be added to CIS version 2025.

Good luck with the rest of the test!

1 Like

Oh I see! Thanks for the heads up!
Well, I never used virtualization and sandboxing features, I only tested them here in beta, but never used them on my main computer. For me, the most important feature of CIS is the firewall, I am very careful when using the web on my PC and if I do not need the web I remove the LAN cable lol.
I do a lot of things offline and I avoid keeping my PC connected when I perform those tasks. :joy:

Not an issue at my end with Dragon Installed.

No problem running browsers in containment nor any issues running Virtual Desktop. There were Multicast 1900 firewall pop-ups for browsers in virtual desktop.