Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

I will reinstall and test further.

unablre to uninstall beta, unable to install over current installed beta (installer complaints that older version must be removed but no trace on windows install manager nor in revo uninstaller )…

also comodo uninstaller tool shows no progress (only first caution alert and them nothing happens)…

assuming that my windows is trashed now :face_exhaling:

Use ciscleanuptool Old v3.0.0.41.

1 Like

Where are the promised bug fixes?
There is even a bug on the 8124 announcement first post…

What version of the cleanup tool were you using?

Could anybody who is using a VPN please test CIS to see which VPN protocols and adapters it filters? It now seems to also filter TUN adapter and Wireguard.

I am using Proton VPN and was using the Open VPN TCP protocol using TAP adapter coz CIS would only filter TAP adapter and not the TUN adapter.

I was playing a bit with it and found CIS is now able of filtering OpenVPN protocol on both TAP and TUN adapters as well as Wireguard.

Can anybody confirm? Or is my testing flawed?

Edit. I went back to 8104 and expected to see CIS only filter network traffic with OpenVPN and TAP adapter but my findings are the same as in the above. Scratches head.

2 Likes

Why doesn’t C.O.M.O.D.O_RT provide an answer to your VPN question?
He could take it to the team and keep you posted.

He didn’t post anything for more then a month now. Did he give up?

Hi Citizen_K, :vulcan_salute:

I use NordVPN.

Do you have a PowerShell command to test and verify this or any specific software?

One in particular here? (for example) : Vulnerability scanners – SecTools Top Network Security Tools

" We are delighted to share the final BETA version of Comodo Internet Security 2024. Please feel free to download and start testing the new version (12.3.2.8124) from here . You may also upgrade the existing version to the new Beta version via the “Update” option. "

Unfortunately I have tried for the past two days and the program does not update it states the program is Up to date. Has the release been posted onto the Update Server as wish to see if the update works as it should ?

Hi Dolphin66,

All the new features that have been announced, (to the top of this page), are on hold

Patience…

@cisfan and @Varan-de-C0m0d0

I wanted confirmation from others first in case there was something not right with testing before asking Comodo for a response. I had a little bit of doubt somewhere even though my testing seemed solid hence why I asked for confirmation.

After a night of sleep I see the flaw in my testing. CIS still only supports TAP adapter (in Proton VPN I use OpenVPN protocol TCP with TAP).

CIS will give alerts regardless of protocol or adapter. However, when using TUN adapter or WireGuard protocol you will only get alerts for the browser accessing local loopback.

Once you are past the local loopback alerts you will not get any alerts when the browser accesses IP addresses on the internet when using TUN adapter or WireGuard protocol. You only get alerts when the browser accesses IP addresses on the internet with the TAP adapter.

I overlooked that there were no alerts when the browser tries to access IP addresses on the internet with TUN adapter or WireGuard protocol; the local loop alerts had me blind sighted.

Conclusion
Only when using the TAP adapter you will get alerts when the browser accesses IP addresses on the internet.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue.
The current beta (12.3.1.8104) reports that the program is up-to-date so it does not update to the new beta.

Running apps and all kinds of malicious applications with WireGuard will also not show any alert related to the connection to a given server, nor will it be recorded in the logs.

Here’s another leak…
Running apps and all kinds of malicious applications which use WinPCap or npcap will also not show any alert related to the connection to a given server, nor will it be recorded in the logs.

@tachion @CISfan
Hence why you should only use VPN with TAP adapter when using CIS for the time being. Although containment will also bring mitigation to the table when it comes to dealing with malware.

Hi.
How to add your own themes to the CIS?

Finally… maybe it’s better…

Will try soon…testing several files…

In the building trade, it’s nice to talk about finishing touches when you’re still in the rough structural work , but it does put a bit of stress on you, doesn’t it? :thinking:

CMDagent is not signed