Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

CIS characterizes a totally different strategy for protection, why do you always concentrate on improving the detection? What is the sense of detection when your OS and data are attacked by un-detected malware?

This default-deny strategy has been evident with great protection and Melih has been emphasizing and clarifying it.

2 Likes

That doesn’t works all in one , hope you understand after reading all the previous posts.

This car too was ahead of its time and full of quality, yet it didn’t sell.

Listening to the market is an essential quality for success, rather than being stubborn.

The inventions that often spread best are those that have been modified to quickly adapt to the market.

1 Like

No, no, that’s not good at all… It’s an Amazon device on the local network and they don’t have to block it.

In addition, it is impossible to create a rule to prevent it from being blocked.

With the rules in CIS, we can process IMCP, UDP, TCP protocols, but not ARP…

This has been reported for a long time…

Anyone with small Amazon devices like air quality monitors also receives hundreds of unnecessary alerts from Comodo CIS.

One every minute in fact!

there is enough to let Comodo down!

Removing protection by disabling ARP detection globally is of course not the solution…

Bug number 20 has absolute highest priority in fixing and in ranking bugs or other improvements. When config gets corrupted most CIS users won’t notice it and their system is at absolute risk because a corrupted config criples CIS’ superb protection.
We have seen that this bug occurs easily enough and occurs without any warning to CIS users…

1 Like

Let’s not ask them to fix just one bug…(number 20) maybe they will stop at this message and be satisfied with it :laughing: :laughing:

Ozer Metin must have enormous pressure on his shoulders. (Please hold on until the end)

If he had appeared on the forum to reassure us, it would have been a good commercial gesture.

And that would have avoided all these dialogues.

Damage.

Good…

Soon, it will be his turn to speak and announce the famous new version! :slight_smile:

We see that many people who were there when the product release was announced:

are no longer there…

There was poor coordination between the sales and technical team.

The sales team should have requested a more finished product before the release announcement. They confused alpha with beta.

1 Like

Please ask them to update the Comodo Online Security Pro browser extension too as it hasn’t been updated for the last 5 to 6 years that is quite quite ridiculous for anything such a security software protection extension.

1 Like

And above all it discredits Comodo.

Even if a Technical Director comes to explain to me that it is not worth it, I hope that my Sales Director will come and tell me that it is necessary and even absolutely necessary so as not to appear “discarded” with regard to competition.

So, I would say look to improve the product and the extension, because that’s what customers want and expect.

This is how innovation progresses because of customer demand.

(and not customers who are declining due to technical stagnation.)

It seems that there is no common core between Comodo and Xcitium (since it seems that these problems do not exist with Xcitium products)…

1 Like

Customers, users are using the product regularly on there system for protection and it is only them who can suggest or recommend what should be the best for the improvement of the product based on there real world experience and challenges faced every day that’s that.

2 Likes

@nanto01 Xcitium has powerfull Valkyrie and it improves detection of malware so thats that

A bit off topic, but Webroot is pathetically horrible, as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUkekd1W-4s

So far this update is WAY better than the previous. I’m having almost no false positives now, even with HIPS training mode on.
According to @cruelsister , HIPS is not needed if you configure Auto-Containment to Run Virtually in Restricted mode. Do you all agree with her regarding this?

there is also Valkyrie

Yes despite of having so many things malwares and viruses are evading and infecting systems and has to be removed by other third party scanners and this and that, so final conclusion is antivirus engine itself needs to be improved a lot that’s that.

Many many CIS users have reported bugs and Wish requests for many many years.
CIS users and forum visitors were getting sick and tired of the false promises that’s the reason why so many CIS users and forum visitors have abandoned CIS and this forum.
Comodo isn’t being taken seriously anymore…
It’s their own fault…

1 Like

Just my luck for the question in my last reply to get overlooked… :grimacing:

…According to @cruelsister , HIPS is not needed if you configure Auto-Containment to Run Virtually in Restricted mode. Do you all agree with her regarding this?..

What is the 2nd best alternative to Comodo Firewall?

When CIS config gets corrupted cruelsister won’t protect you with or without HIPS…

3 Likes

Norton Firewall , Bitdefender Firewall, Eset Firewall, Kaspersky Firewall and all of them has also got network intrusion detection/prevention module along with the firewall and they all are extremely powerful and well equipped.

1 Like

Hi Alexandre01,

Whatever you may read, my personal advice to you is to always enable HIPS.

I’ve been using Comodo CIS for ages and more than once HIPS has saved my life.

Of course, if you only do office work with only LibreOffice installed on your PC and you only surf on 2 or 3 sites, you might consider removing it…

But if you have children who can bring anything back on a USB key… Activate it without hesitation!

In the past, I had a lot of trouble getting two engineering friends to admit that I had found a virus that was attacking hardware. In fact, a guy had fun programming something that forced the frequency of the CRT monitors beyond their limits, until I lost two great Yiiama monitors from the era. Anyway… if I had had HIPS enabled at that time, this might not have happened. Because CIS without HIPS had noticed nothing…

Since then, for me, it’s HIPS or nothing!

1 Like