Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta

MSEdgeRedirect is licensed under LGPL 3, the fact that it is not signed does not mean anything but in general it is on the trusted comodo list, so I don’t know where these expectations come from?

Another case of Malware Crusher Inc
It is on this list as unrecognized, in the actual execution of the application it is marked as malicious and well scored so no worries.

Thank you @tachion for all explanation.
I think understand what is the problem, but, please, help me:

• If I not connect public I understand what you suggest: turn off …
    . but if I am in public Wi-Fi (most of time) what i can use to not appear the problem with “Windows operating system”?

Thanks for all explanation.

I don’t want to worry about these entries, it may mean normal ARP operation, blocking even fragmented packets. In addition, you can check in the global rules if you have not sometimes in the Hide ports tab to specify the option Block incoming connections with the option hooked (Save the rule run to the log), if so, check it off or go to the option Warn about incoming connections, the intensification of events related to the pseudoprocess pid 0 should calm down

Hi peopleinside,

Thank you for reporting.
We will take this to the team notice and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for reporting.
let me check with the team and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for reporting.
We have been testing this CIS beta version regularly and didn’t see such issue like Acronyms with letters appear above the interface.
However we will test it again and update you.
Could you please check if any software which were incompatible to cause this issue ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Windows Defender works even with Comodo Antivirus running. I reinstalled Comodo and the problem still exists

Hi kiro200,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check and report this to the team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I noticed that 7-zip (https://www.7-zip.org) is not in the “Vendor List” and as a result is blocked by default.
Of course I can mark them myself as trusted, but I was wondering why this is.
Is this because their files are (not) correctly signed? Or another reason?

Thanks

The installer file itself is not signed at all, thus by default not trusted.

2 Likes

Hi kiro200,

We have tested and found that windows defender is turned off as soon as cis installed.
However we will take this to the team notice and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi DonGaz & cruelsister,

Only those products that has digital signature will be listed in vendor list. This product has already been whitelisted and we don’t see any block from our side. If you found any 7zip files are blocked then kindly share us the screenshot along with containment log.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello everyone

Sorry, I have less free time at the moment.

Just a note to say that following a demonstration of Comodo CIS capabilities to a friend, I wanted to install Yandex Browser.

To show him that the installation would not go through to the end or would go into “confined” mode since I had requested validation by recognized publishers of the parameters.

Despite everything, the installation took place. (I pleaded for my inexperience and for the beta version)

Immediately, I completely uninstalled Yandex Browser using Revo UnInstaller in advanced mode. Then I searched for any remaining traces with various applications.

In the Windows settings, Applications section, there is nothing left.

On the C: drive, in the usual places, there is nothing left.

A complete antivirus scan of the C drive by Comodo yielded nothing.

However, every ten minutes exactly, I have an attempt to connect to an IP in Russia which seems to be that of Yandex…

No browser tabs open on Yandex either.

What’s even stranger is that the IP address is requested either through the VPN or directly.

However, the VPN is set so that everything passes through it, unless expressly requested by me. (which is not the case)

Question: Where is the function in CIS that allows you to know who on the current system is requesting a particular connection?

I would like to know…

I don’t know if this is related, but my home network has changed…

I have the new features below:

Thank you for the answer EricCryptid :slightly_smiling_face:

That seems to be it, indeed! :+1: :+1:

Except that it triggers a little too easily and without my wanting it…

Thank you very much Tachion for your explanations. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s very nice that you took the time for this.

But, it seems to me that other security applications may determine this differently.

Do you think Comodo CIS will be able to state more precisely who does what in the future version?

On the other hand, but this is not the same subject, if I am also often on public networks or away from home, I do not want to deactivate the “ARP” function.

Regarding 7zip- the current version 7-Zip 23.01
is not digitally signed, nor is the actual executable 7zFM.exe, thus the containment action:

3 Likes

I am having problems running Forza Horizon 5 with Comodo beta 2. In previous versions this was solved by adding the ForzaHorizon exe to the exclusions of the Shellcode injection attack. However there is no such parameter in HIPS anymore. Is it somewhere else? Is it labelled under a different name? The problem persists even if I disable all protections.

Dear Comodo Staff,
I want suggest a FIX for the Beta 2024 of Comodo.

Today I’m updating the Cloudflare WARP app.
I turned on my PC and the app alerted me that an update was available so I pressed the button to download and install.

Comodo ask asked what to do with this setup and I told to treat as an update installation.
Once the setup was downloaded by the app update wizard Comodo, without ask permission, sandboxed the setup and this broke the update process.

There is an issue caused by Comodo sandbox and is that Comodo never ask if Sandbox an app or not. Should ask always. Once an app has been sandboxed an alert just allow you to not sandbox next time but is too late, the update process was broken.

I believe new Comodo should avoid this issue and ask before sandbox an app or, if no isolate is pressed relach the app not sandboxed.

Hi cruelsister,

Thank you for reporting.
We have whitelisted the latest version of 7zip and we didn’t see any block of files of 7zip.
May i know where did you download the installer called 7zFM ? as we couldn’t able to find it.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi oyabunsan,

Thank you for reporting.
Could you please tell us exactly what you did and what happened ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT