Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta

Would be nice have a different alert sound on the new CIS.
Like user can switch themes, a different alert sound maybe more modern and more nice will give also a great experience. Some user think the same?

I’m referring the window alert sound on Comodo :grinning:

1 Like

The new installation brings back this problem which did not exist with equivalent configuration on the non-beta version under Windows 10:

Acronyms with letters appear above the interface.

I have been using Stardock products for a long time.
Maybe there is a cause and effect with this beta version?

I love the current sound. It is very easily identifiable.

No error possible, we know where the alert comes from! :slight_smile:

If the possibility of changing it were proposed, the possibility of keeping it would also have to accompany it… :wink:

you can submit the file through option Submit Files and it will be uploaded automatically to Valkyrie

I find this only happens when Alt+Tabbiing to Comodo UI in background if you press Alt with Comodo UI Open and then Alt+Tab to another app or back to itself. Pressing Alt makes them go away. Those letters just show you what the Alt+ Command is to access them if just using keyboard. For example, Alt+Z brings up the Network Intrusions Log.

Blocked Apps
The Blocked Apps shown in the list are not actually blockable, it can be said that they are displayed for informational purposes only. When executing an application, e.g. unrecognized, alerts will appear and the application will also be added to this list with information for the user which module (be it HIPS, firewall or sandbox) caused this event with the possibility of unblocking this application and adding it to the rules, e.g. HIPS as a custom rule and in Sandbox rules as ignored.

Regarding the Windows Operating System
When it comes to that unfortunate Windows Operating System, it’s already hands down. If you’re using a Desktop or Laptop computer and don’t use them to connect to public networks, you can turn off this setting (Enable ARP spoofing protection) without worry.

As for the Windows Operating System that is shown on the list as blocked, it is therefore visible because the Windows TCP/IP network stack handles all network packets in the kernel and is labeled by comodo as a Windows operating system. When you see blocked events coming to the Windows operating system, it means that the packet has been blocked from reaching the Windows kernel to be processed by the Windows network stack.

It also happens that if cfw can’t determine the process establishing the connection, it assigns it to the Windows Operating System, that’s the whole philosophy and unnecessary further topics on this subject.

1 Like

MSEdgeRedirect is licensed under LGPL 3, the fact that it is not signed does not mean anything but in general it is on the trusted comodo list, so I don’t know where these expectations come from?

Another case of Malware Crusher Inc
It is on this list as unrecognized, in the actual execution of the application it is marked as malicious and well scored so no worries.

Thank you @tachion for all explanation.
I think understand what is the problem, but, please, help me:

• If I not connect public I understand what you suggest: turn off …
    . but if I am in public Wi-Fi (most of time) what i can use to not appear the problem with “Windows operating system”?

Thanks for all explanation.

I don’t want to worry about these entries, it may mean normal ARP operation, blocking even fragmented packets. In addition, you can check in the global rules if you have not sometimes in the Hide ports tab to specify the option Block incoming connections with the option hooked (Save the rule run to the log), if so, check it off or go to the option Warn about incoming connections, the intensification of events related to the pseudoprocess pid 0 should calm down

Hi peopleinside,

Thank you for reporting.
We will take this to the team notice and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for reporting.
let me check with the team and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for reporting.
We have been testing this CIS beta version regularly and didn’t see such issue like Acronyms with letters appear above the interface.
However we will test it again and update you.
Could you please check if any software which were incompatible to cause this issue ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Windows Defender works even with Comodo Antivirus running. I reinstalled Comodo and the problem still exists

Hi kiro200,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check and report this to the team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I noticed that 7-zip (https://www.7-zip.org) is not in the “Vendor List” and as a result is blocked by default.
Of course I can mark them myself as trusted, but I was wondering why this is.
Is this because their files are (not) correctly signed? Or another reason?

Thanks

The installer file itself is not signed at all, thus by default not trusted.

2 Likes

Hi kiro200,

We have tested and found that windows defender is turned off as soon as cis installed.
However we will take this to the team notice and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi DonGaz & cruelsister,

Only those products that has digital signature will be listed in vendor list. This product has already been whitelisted and we don’t see any block from our side. If you found any 7zip files are blocked then kindly share us the screenshot along with containment log.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello everyone

Sorry, I have less free time at the moment.

Just a note to say that following a demonstration of Comodo CIS capabilities to a friend, I wanted to install Yandex Browser.

To show him that the installation would not go through to the end or would go into “confined” mode since I had requested validation by recognized publishers of the parameters.

Despite everything, the installation took place. (I pleaded for my inexperience and for the beta version)

Immediately, I completely uninstalled Yandex Browser using Revo UnInstaller in advanced mode. Then I searched for any remaining traces with various applications.

In the Windows settings, Applications section, there is nothing left.

On the C: drive, in the usual places, there is nothing left.

A complete antivirus scan of the C drive by Comodo yielded nothing.

However, every ten minutes exactly, I have an attempt to connect to an IP in Russia which seems to be that of Yandex…

No browser tabs open on Yandex either.

What’s even stranger is that the IP address is requested either through the VPN or directly.

However, the VPN is set so that everything passes through it, unless expressly requested by me. (which is not the case)

Question: Where is the function in CIS that allows you to know who on the current system is requesting a particular connection?

I would like to know…

I don’t know if this is related, but my home network has changed…

I have the new features below:

Thank you for the answer EricCryptid :slightly_smiling_face:

That seems to be it, indeed! :+1: :+1:

Except that it triggers a little too easily and without my wanting it…