Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta

While the Windows Firewall Service is still running, Windows Firewall is deactivated. The two co-exist and disabling Windows Firewall can cause issues. The message in the Security Centre is the correct status and Comodo Firewall is protecting you.

@EricCryptid I am afraid it is the other way around, and I am not talking about the services (Windows Defender Firewall and Base Filtering Engine) cause these services can’t and should not be disabled.

I am talking about windows firewall, if you go to advance settings and block an app there, it not access the internet, so it is active.

You can check windows firewall using this command in the powershell

Get-NetFirewallProfile | Format-Table Name, Enabled

And you will see it is still enabled.

You can disable windows firewall by control.exe > Windows Defender firewall > turn windows defender firewall on or off

Or by advance settings

That’s probably because Comodo uses its own filtering engine and not Windows Filtering Platform, thus does not control it. I don’t know if it should disable it or not when registering itself.

But the idea of issues using several firewalls is a misconception.

The EmsisoftEmergencyKit scanner detects Killswitch from the CIS as a PUP.

And cmdagent with his CPU consuming problem returns.

Comodo won’t fix any bugs. Comodo keeps refusing to update the List of current bugs with a bug fix status. As long as that bug list doesn’t show clearly what bugs are fixed than CIS still contains all the bugs no matter what the new version number of CIS will be. That’s the way it is.

Hi uzz,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Could you please check your inbox for pm and provide us the requested log for further investigation ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi CISfan,

We can understand your expectation towards CIS development.
The team is working on List of current bugs.
Kindly support us.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi megaherz33,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check and report this to the team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Will new version get rid off that CIS debug injector?

Hi
i’m using the latest updated version of comodo beta
anyway

Right clicking on a folder or a file
gives my five buggy option under the run in comodo sandbox

json : dump file or something

image_2023-12-14_081833669

i ran the diagnostic for the comodo program found nothing wrong

regards

Hi MasterMan,

Thank you for reporting.
We are aware of this context menu and the team is working on it.
We will update you as soon as it fixed.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

Several posts of mod and me and mod reply got erased… nice Comodo.

Hi CISfan,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
we checked with the related team and found that forum was down at that time so those posts got deleted

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi MasterMan,

These context menu are design for beta builds and will not be in the stable version.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

2 Likes

Some posts were quite old and there was no forum database backup to restore those posts?
Hilarious!

Hi CISfan,

The related team is working on it.
We will keep you posted.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Quite by accident, I found a rather rare but very significant bug in the CIS 2024 application. I purchased a Synology NAS and installed the Synology Drive Client software, after which CIS is almost completely unusable. Half of the GUI functions are blocked. Component enable/disable modes called RPM from the icon in the Tray Menu do not work. In the main application window there is no silent mode, Update, Behavioral Analysis and all tiles from the Analysis section. When you click on a tile, nothing happens, as if it were inactive. It is also impossible to access program settings and several other functions from the menu. As if. There is clearly some application conflict. After restarting the system, everything returns to normal, provided that Synology Drive Client does not start (I checked several versions back and they all cause the same thing). Strangely, after killing all Synology processes and services, CIS operation does not return to normal. It is necessary to restart and not launch Synology Drive Client. Please take a look at the problem.

Comodo maintenance (scheduled autodiagnostics) and Comodo diagnostics are changing the program update parameters so that it points to a folder not containing beta files, resulting in a program update error. I’ve tried to disable the scheduled task but, it seems the problem could be rooted from somewhere else.

Is Synology Drive Client by any chance also syncing the Comodo folders to the NAS?
If so, exclude the Comodo folders from the Drive Client sync job and try again.