Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7062 Released

On Windows 7, I’m getting much longer boot times since I upgraded to v7062. I have verbose messages turned on for Windows boot, and it seems to be taking 3 times longer to load up the Group Policy service. Never had this issue on v6882.

I finally got .7062 update offer and now I’m on .7062. version of program.I’m on windows 7 and everything looks ok, I don’t see any problems, but diagnostic always gives me this warning and it’s not sometimes usual network error:

Configurations Error=“0x00000005” Status=“Failed”/

I have attached diagnostics report.

EDIT - Diagnostics shows the same error even with new install of .7062 version on top of existing .7062 version.

well got 7062 day to 6818 near 2 days later than prev. 70xx got it. no apparent errors except Windows Defender has that yellow triangle but doesn’t tell me what’s wrong since all available settings tell no user action needed.

In my case I don’t think it was a network problem, if it can be useful for diagnostic purposes, this is the report I had saved before reinstalling CIS

Thanks, I wish it was that. I checked and the profile that was active was the same as before and in-use one, but even switching out of it and going back to it didn’t change anything with the behavior. As I said, this happens a lot, especially after you “clear out” the application rules, sometimes it will go back to popping up and you can recreate the rules but just as often it will just never popup again and completely block everything, like it is now. This time is not unique but is unique in that it falls into the happens after upgrade rather than regular use instances.

The only way I have found to fix this is to just uninstall and remove everything completely and reinstall it but this is quite cumbersome and annoying to say the least that that you have to fix thing by going through such extreme steps every time, that just doesn’t scream quality of work to me if it can’t continue to function when it updates itself or you use a feature that is within it as normal part of use. In the past its common to blame Windows 10 for all the ills but this time, I have seen nothing that suggests that Windows is the problem.

I noticed that when you first start, it will be invisible but when you hover over it you can see the tooltip that says “All systems are active and running” but as soon as there is “traffic” and the “animation” kicks in, it shows up, so suggests that the initialization of the systray icon might be somehow borked but once the active “changing of the icon” to show the animation occurs, loads it with the images needed to make it appear. So just wanted to add some context of behavior in my system. Might actually be a simple fix.

I know this is not the solution you are looking for and it would be nice to have it happen automatically but I have had it happen in the past where I would get an update notice on one machine but not the other and vise versa the next time, there seems to be no particular rhyme or reason to it, it has occurred on my own machine here and there and I have just moved on by installing using the stand alone linked in the beginning, might want to just try that and also check to make sure you are not blocking their installer/checkers in your application rules, that was the case with one of my users, although doesn’t explain all the instances where it happens.

There’s something going on with HIPs. After the PC kept froze during shutdown for four times after manually updating to the new version (auto update kept getting the connection aborted), I tried disabling HIPs and presto the PC can properly shutdown. Also I think it’s lagging at the start to load, but it’s pretty meh so I’ll take it as something that is supposed to happen.

I installed this version yesterday just before go to sleep… Now I just turned my computer onand got an blue screem. Just like related before. Unninstalled CIS and all is great again…

Ill stay away from CIS until you can make cis fully compatible with amd drivers, windows 10 20h2 and external certificates… Before that ill keep in win defender…

Im a long time cis user and didnt see cis becoming this thing that its becoming these days. Anyway, I still have faith things will go on the right way and cis will become fully compatible with win 10, but its not now yet…

installed on a fresh windows 10 20h2 (only for firewall purpose) everything works fine (ryzen 3700x, gtx 1660), no tray icons bugs like previous versions, i hope it will stay like that !

This version fixed absolutely nothing for me. WSL2 continues to throw 0x80041002 when trying to launch Linux distributions and the tray icon is still missing on every startup.

Sometimes life’s challenges take the best of us. When you feel like playing you’re always more than welcome in this playground… :slight_smile:

Just a heads up in case this hasn’t been noticed by other users, but the program updater keeps trying to install .7062 as a new version found when .7062 was already just installed.
This occurs when going into “Tasks” and hitting “Update”. Thank you! :-TU
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/product-updated-to-latest-version-windows-continuosly-popup-to-update-again-t126507.0.html;topicseen

Installed after release and everything is running just fine on win 10 home 20h2 build 19042.630…

As usual, updating CIS is like playing Russian Roulette. It is about time that CIS developers learnt how to reliably update their own software !!!

My PC (win10 home x64 2004 fully updated) automatically updated successfully from 7036 to 7062.

Daughter’s PC (win10 pro x32 1909 fully updated) automatically updated from 6818 to 7062 but then had no internet access. Attempting to uninstall partially removed CIS bit didn’t fix the internet problem. It was necessary to run the CIS cleanup tool before 7062 could be installed successfully.

Both PCs are only using the firewall and HIPS.

Sorry for late reply.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Just to add further data regarding my problem with the latest Comodo update I have the three updates kb4474419, kb3033929, KB4490628 installed, the same as ender73, but my system is only32bit.

Your previous posts got moved and merged, please see this thread:

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-service-t126527.15.html#msg903927

Hi Oriour,

Thank you for reporting. Could you please check your Inbox for PM and provide us the requested logs.

Hi Brds7t7,

We are checking this issue.

Hi MartiusD,

We couldn’t reproduce the issue. Could you please send your log file to us?

Kind regards,
Mert