Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7062 Released

Good job on the update!

I can feel a sense that the quality is returning back to the high standard expected of Comodo now.

May it continue :slight_smile:

Hi rita3846,

1. The main goal that we have achieved: reduced size of full bases.cav.
  2. We still keep all: generic, script, semantic, memory, safe signatures (even old)
  3. Cleaned up old NewFirst signatures(the most numerous) which created >6 months and at the same time not detected by our customer’s products like CIS for the last 6 month (based on FLS detection’s reports)
  4. Customer can choose either Light bases.cav or Full bases.cav in both cases better to have cloud scan (FLS) enabled. Full bases.cav will use less FLS requests and is much more preferable just for offline scan.

Hi NDABBRU,

Yes. It will work for 32-bit PCs too.

aah, yep… all good. happy days. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedbacks @ZorKas, @Ploget, @ubuysa, @Emerald & @ReeceN.
And others too especially EricJH, Future tech, CIS fan,

Thank you soo much for the support that you have given to us and the effort you took to help us. We will continue to do our best to improve CIS even better.

A small info for 6818 & 6914 customers. We haven’t activated binary updates for 6818 and 6914 yet, we will activate it.

Personally I thank all the staff, developers, engineers, … etc … for giving us such quality protection
Thanks also to Melih builder of Comodo
Really wonderful Christmas present from you
Long live Comodo :-TU :slight_smile:

Web filtering doesn't accept valid string (e.g. "*.comodo.com/*")
Other valid strings are still prevented from being used. e.g https://* */*.exe */img/*
False unrecognized files after running "Autorun Analyzer" from KillSwitch
Nope still doesn't work, both autorun analyzer and killswitch do not perform file rating lookup of files.
Network zones ip copy&paste issue
Issue still occurs with firewall application rules, global rules, and with the firewall ruleset sections.

Other issues:
Diagnostic still incorrectly fails with errors.
Excessive firewall logging of blocked events still occurs.
Firewall still blocks safe applications at startup if they attempt network access prior to CIS UI being loaded.
Https filtering does not work with chrome browser.
Firefox and IE a blank page is shown instead of the Comodo block page when blocking/asking for https URLs.
Whitelisted signature when the AV is installed issue is not fixed.
AV still scans executables even if they are defined in scan exclusions.
CIS relies on device name paths instead of using normal file paths so it causes issues with scan exclusions and HIPS/firewall rules for applications/files located on removable media.
HIPS and containment bypass when applications call SetVolumeMountPoint and DeleteVolumeMountPoint API.

Reading what has been added / fixed, I believe that even in this version the web protection against fraudulent phishing sites is not there. One question, but does Comodo think this protection is useless? COS doesn’t seem that effective against malicious websites. Excuse me, maybe I am not a security expert but now I think a web protection is necessary and must be integrated, it is integrated in almost all free and paid antivirus.

Always here for you guys!

As you know us really well, we love being transparent…and here is our Transparency page showing what is happening in the business networks we are protecting

Also created another useful tool to see which vendor is not detecting which malware etc https://isitdetectedyet.com/

Stay safe!

I updated 32-bit 20H2 system and is running fine

They are Blacklisting mostly specific URLs itself, e.g no Heuristics or Generic Sigs for common Phishing elements on websites, so it falls on the same explanation as provided here.

Works on 32 bit and 64 bit systems.

Hi liosant,

Have you installed KB4474419? Please ensure to install KB449062 as well.

Hi futuretech,

Thank you for reporting.
Issue with unrecognized files on CIS file list after running Autorun Analyzer has been fixed. Its yet to be fixed on Autorun analyzer. We are working on it.

We will try to fix other issues one by one.

Hello Melih,

I never doubted it :wink:

Hello Melih, nice to see you here. It’s been a while.

Happy Thanksgiving to the people in the USA and thank you Comodo for this early Christmas present. Thanksgiving fits that spirit. :slight_smile:

I am happy to see CIS development is still ongoing being it at a slower pace than in the past. The light database is a definite step forward making CIS noticeably lighter on system resources. That’s always appreciated.

The CIS development team has seen four lead developers over the past one and a half year which seems to have slowed down the development of CIS and may have contributed to a further disconnect between CIS team and the forums. The QA team also seems to have been going through changes so a lot has been happening on Comodo’s end from what can be seen from afar.

The disconnect has been deeply felt by the community at times creating doubt about Comodo dedication to the development of CIS and feeling CIS was to be abandoned. I hope things are slowly starting to gain traction and I am hoping to see the relationship with the forums develop again.

Keep the good work going guys. :■■■■ (:KWL) (:NRD)

Okay so killswitch and autorun analyzer no longer populates the file list with files, I understand now what you mean after I checked again. Thank you.

hi Eric

Been busy couple of years…
things are settling down…more time to play :slight_smile:

I made up my mind to install the new version. :smiley:

I am happy because so far it seems to work well and seems to be integrated well with the Windows 10 security system. I use a Windows 10 Pro 2004 (build 19041.630) 32 BIT version and I must say that both the installation and the operation seem to be ok .
The only problem is that the diagnostics found errors that it cannot repair and generated a report file for me. ???
Hope someone help me understand and fix the errors. :wink:

I am happy to be back to using CIS and CAV, because with its containment it is the safest program there is and it protects your PC and your data. I hope that this is just the beginning and that COMODO improves and enriches CIS, CAV and that it constantly updates COS to improve web protection while surfing the internet. Go ahead so COMFORTABLE and thanks to all the staff and to Melih. :smiley: :smiley: :-TU

The Diagnostics issue hasn’t been fixed yet and is being worked on