Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7036 Released.

Easy !!!

Go to comodo.com >For Home>Comodo Internet Security> There you will find the free version and the paid one side by side !

So let me get this straight (without reading all 33 pages of this thread, sorry). There are still people running 12.0.0.6818 (like myself) where the program has
a) still, after many months, not informed them of the new update and
b) we should wait for the program to do so or risk running into errors on install
Is this correct?

Latest KB4566782 for Win 10 x 64 Pro - 2004 (19041.450) . . no problems

No Beta release anymore for checking bug fixes before the next 12.3 release?

Is there a preliminary release date? Are we talking days or weeks?

You could hear a pin drop - holiday season.

Hi EricJH,

We were expecting a release by next week, but there is an unexpected delay due to a new feature “light signature DB”. We will notify you of further updates.

Very good news!!! :slight_smile: :-TU

Is issue reporting for the current release still useful now?

THIS!!! “”“light signature DB”“” REALLY INTEREST ME!!! :slight_smile:

waiting for the new version with some light db and, MORE IMPORTANT MAYBE, without the NINJA TRAY ICON who likes to hyde itself from my mouse cursor… :stuck_out_tongue:

As mentioned earlier there is a delay and the release date is not confirmed yet. So keep posting the issues for the current release.

What is this new feature “light signature DB”? Can you elaborate please? It sounds interesting indeed.

Quick question… came here after a while, and I see version 12.2.2.7036 released. However, my installed CIS says its version is 12.1.0.6914. Should it have gotten updated automatically? I mean it checks for updates several times a day.

This stable version hasn’t been released through the program update for some reason. If you want to install, it can be done over the top of yours or as a clean install as normal. Save your Config of course

I wish I knew but we know as little as you do.

All we can do is speculate. It sounds like Comodo may have been working on changes with the AV database. I could imagine Comodo is focusing on a smaller local database or improved updating but anybody’s guess is as good as mine.

What do others think?

I remember some time back that Reece (I think) asked about that possibility. A Database that synced and just added new AV changes; ignoring anything already present or those that had had their day . . . years old and no longer functional. Maybe something along those lines?

A signature dish that ain’t too heavy to digest I guess but that’s pure speculative. :slight_smile:

That’s what I was thinking about. I hope Comodo shines some more light. 8)

“light signature DB” What is it? More details.

This is the light db they were talking about before so they finally went through with it and are now going to implement it 3 years later.

Thank you for sharing the information. :-TU