Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7036 Released.

PM sent.

hi guys.

just fyi: this edition continues to run smoothly on my computer, with all running and working like a charm…

i really like that any popup info from cis is showed at the windows notification center (well, i dont like this floating panel of windows but its nice to have it working with cis).

Hello sega,

Thank you for sharing.I got your dumps and we are checking in it.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello vitim,

Sounds good.Thank you for your feedback :-TU.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello Nilhar,

Thank you for your response.Could you please check your inbox via PM and I didn’t get any dumps/logs from your side,Please check that again and share the link for further analysis.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Yes you can do that, according to Hilal:

However, I prefer to always uninstall old versions first (Export Configuration Settings and File List) and start all over installing the latest version.

Hello all,

This is to inform that “While Deactivate a component from the CIS console and reactivate it, the red icon in the status bar always remains with the X and after the restart it will changes to normal”.

As per CIS Team this issue is fixed and it will be reflect in the upcoming release.

Kind Regards,
PD

:-TU Thanks!

V12.2.2.7036 (Firewall only) on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Maybe this has been reported already, not sure though.

When Firewall is set to Block All mode then after rebooting the CIS tray icon is not visible.
There is however a CIS icon placeholder in the tray which is blank. Right clicking on it works normally.

As far as I’m concerned, and to sum up: There is nothing to complain. Everything runs very well (as usual before) and once more: Many thanks!

Now I only wait for the final version. :-TU

Will there be a final version?
Isn’t this the final one already? ???

Oh, yes, your right!

In my mind, I assumed I was still in the beta-thread! ???

Hello CISfan,

Thank you for reporting.
FYI : After the complete analysis of the issue let me return back to you.
Have a nice day!

Thank you Dharshu.

Have a nice day too!

i just noticed windows firewall enabled itself,
i saw it after looking at update history in windows settings when i saw i got an update for windows defender.
when i installed comodo it disabled itself.i wonder what enabled t again suddenly.
i now disabled it manually and will check it again regularly after using the pc a while and after a reboot.,and also see if i can find any clues in event viewer.
should i disable it in advanced windows firewall since i see that after manually disabling it,the domain firewall is still on,or maybe in Services. or just leave it as it is since I’ve had no issues with it being on and in "windows security it’s Comodo that is shown as being the main Firewall.?

see reply #76 item 2.

i think that in item 2. she is talking about CF,i have CIS;
so i don’t mind leaving windows firewall along CF,but when she advise on having defender on too,isn’t that meant for people with only the CF and no other protection?

nickfree, I think if security center reports that comodo antivirus is active, as in the image below, you should be OK. Or are you seeing something different.

Nick- With either CF or CIS, leave Windows Defender enabled. There really isn’t a valid reason to disable it.

When you have CIS installed Windows will switch off Windows Defender when the registration of the AV component of CIS with Windows Security Center is successful. I don’t want Defender to run along CIS if it were only that it is bloody heavy on system resources.

For the firewall we advice to let the Windows Firewall Service to run as it is needed when sharing files and folders over the local network. You can disable Windows Firewall.

As to running Windows Defender side by side with CIS I never tested if they interfere negatively.