Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.2.7062 Beta 2 is now available for download

I mentioned a long-term bug.

Starting from CIS 6914 version, installing Secure Shopping and Virtual Desktop in Window 10 will cause the Explorer to become unresponsive.

This may be the result of conflicts with Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers, because I have to install these two browsers.

After installing the secure shopping and virtual desktop of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and CIS, when selecting a directory, any program will make the Explorer unresponsive when selecting a directory.

Only after deleting the safe shopping and virtual desktop, explorer can let the program select the directory normally.

When you delete safe shopping and initialize the installation again, CIS does not Any response.

To verify the cause of these errors, I reinstalled the system several times.

Of course, it is also possible that my two magnetic software conflicts with CIS, because when copying the magnetic link, both magnetic software will pop up the download dialog box, and the resource manager will crash.

My operating system is windows 10 1909. You can try this error.

CIS 7062 Offline Installation
No problem encountered

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 19041.508
Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.7062

KillSwicht 7062 Ok

HIPS analysis is good

Thank Team :-TU

In fact, when the tray icon disappears, the Explorer crashes, the system will freeze, and the desktop will refresh.

Hi squareas,

We will try to reproduce and create a ticket if the problem related with CIS and its components.

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile:

Hi Freakenstein,

I noted the issue.

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile:

Will there be another beta before a final release or will this build be pushed out on to the normal update serves as the stable release?

No no, not that! :-TD First you need to fix the bugs.

And to add to futuretech’s question. Will there be an RC stage?

I was excited for Comodo Firewall to finally work with WSL. But after the first reboot with Comodo, the Hyper-V switch will not create. Event viewer shows these entries:

The operation 'Create' succeeded on nic C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: Default Switch).
NIC C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: Default Switch) successfully connected to port C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: Default Switch) on switch C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444(Friendly Name: Default Switch).
Switch C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: Default Switch) successfully initialized.
Port D5A71566-36C8-4B76-932C-AAC5B54FE922 (Friendly Name: Container NIC e4835f48) successfully created on switch C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: Default Switch).
NIC C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 successfully disconnected from port C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444.
The operation 'Delete' succeeded on nic C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: Default Switch).
Switch C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: Default Switch) successfully deleted.

This log is looped and repeated every second. Auto-Containment, HIPS, Viruscope are all disabled and Firewall is set to Safe Mode. A moderator in another thread said the problem was solved? What should I do, are there any other logs I could upload?

Edit: I opened the Containment log and it’s spammed with C:\Windows\System32\wsl.exe

Date App Status Action Policy Cont by Path Hash
2020-10-14 21:38:32 C:\Windows\System32\wsl.exe failed Ignored Trusted Containment Policy C:\Programs\wsl2host.exe E5E5ACB775D9BB2E16CFB3E6E647F959EA0FB179

(cannot upload a file)

This process and service is stuck at a high CPU usage and must be related: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p -s NetSetupSvc

CIS 12.2.2.7062 Beta 2
Win 10 x 64 Pro-20Н2 (19042.572)
No problems

The only problem is the Blue Screen (sometimes) when clearing virtuel desktop. But not every time when I do that.
It runs very well. :-TU

version stable :stuck_out_tongue:

No way could I get the last Release to install - online, offline, OTT, clean - but this was easy, is working and there’s a little red icon in the system tray! Well done!

this happen than explorer . exe restart

@Metheni. I had two blue screens on my netbook running Windows 8. One crash involved cmdguard.sys with error code 0x50 and name Page_Fault-IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

The other one did not have a CIS executable involved. According to Blue Screen View ntoskrnl.sys was involved. That crash happened while running Super Antispyware. The error code was 0x1E with error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANLED.

I have minidumps of both crashes. If you are interested send me a pm and I will provide a download link for both minidumps.

Hi EricJH,

Thank you for reporting BSOD issue.

Yes, please send me the minidumps via pm.
BTW, are you using Super Antispyware and Comodo Internet Security at the same time?

CIS 12.2.2.7062 Beta 2
Win 10 x 64 Pro-2004 (20241.1000)
No problems

@Metheni. I use Super Antispyware Free (on demand only) not the pro version that runs in the background.

CIS 12.2.2.7062 Beta 2
Win 10 x 64 Pro-20Н2 (19042.608)
No problems

Over the past couple of weeks I have enjoying the performance improvement the light database brings. I have been meaning to post this for a week but it kept on slipping of the agenda. Anyway, my pc responds a bit quicker and snappier and is noticeable in various scenarios. It’s a nice improvement and a pleasant experience.