Comodo Internet Security 2019 (v12.0.0.6810) – Released

It’s not digitally signed and apparently kdbsync.exe is not a known executable. Hence why it is not trusted. You could submit the file to Comodo in Submit Applications Here To Be Whitelisted - 2019.

Could you start a separate topic about this in the Help section?

Thank you very much for your help. I will immediately report this file to the white list.

This is the fourth time when the whole system became unresponsive and I was locked out. I couldn’t even bring up Task Manager or to restart the system. Without CIS the problem is gone. This version should have stayed in beta testing for at least one more month.

I have reported the same issue. It sounds like it is a known problem.

The problem has surfaced during beta testing, reports have been sent and Comodo has been working on the problem.

Given there has been a lot of reworking of code happening issues may show up now it is final. When you’re using a new version of CIS with a big version number jump like that has not been released to the wider audiences kinks may happen. It’s how Comodo works and regulars like yourself know this. If this too much to stomach just wait for it to arrive at the program updater and refrain from caustic comments. Rather than that volunteer to submit a crash log:

At clocks. Did you set up your computer to provide a crash dump when the hanging happens again? If you could catch it would greatly help Comodo. :slight_smile:

One of the devs asked me to DM them a config file, which I did yesterday.

Wonderful.

Could you in anticipation on a possible request for a crash dump set up the pc as described and when it starts to freeze produce a full dump? The reason for asking is that these freezes do not occur too often so it makes sense to seize the moment when it starts to happen.

Because the WDSC service is set to delayed start, which means it takes awhile before the service will actually start compared to if it was set to automatic startup. When the service is not running, WDSC will not be able to report the status of any installed 3rd party AV or firewall.

There is nothing to fix as it is a new feature

“Heuristic Command-Line Analysis” and “Embedded Code Detection” for scanning and monitoring of auto-run entries.
if you notice in your screenshot the autorun entry is for cmd.exec /c start etc which is detected as an embedded code detection for cmd.exe.

Does this happen on a system with ISE installed? If yes can you try uninstalling ISE and then monitor the system for the issue to see if it resolves it.

But that does not explain why it started to happen where it would register in timely fashion before. I always assumed this type of problem to be a timing issue. No biggy, just wondering out loud.

Here are the protections of Comodo CIS v.12 induced under Windows 10 Pro 1809 latest Build 17763.404
Default installation
They are 3

Hi,
Solve the problem with the hang of the PC?

After system boot, sometimes Windows report Firewall disabled. Win 10 Pro 64-bit, build version 1803.
I keep Windows Firewall disabled in Group Policy.

I have to disable Comodo Firewall and re-enable to fix it.

Hi Guys,
all right for me.
The only problem concerns Secure Shopping that no longer starts automatically from various browsers.
it’s normal??

Could you run Diagnostics and see if it can fix it?

Have you solved the problem that viruses in USB drives even if recognized are not deleted and quarantined? But they always remain there.

Thank you! :wink:

Hello,
Since Saturday on Windows 10 1809 64 bit Outlook starts very slowly and completely blocks the PC. It takes several minutes to regain control.
By disabling Comodo (Antivirus in CIS), I have no problem. Looking at the Event Viewer I see a lot of information pointing to cavwp.exe crash (BEX64).

Do you have a solution ?

OK the comodo scan is correct. I still generate the report.
In the report I think there are the dump but I will provide them if necessary.

Result of sfc = OK.

I’ve launched scan with comodo : It’s OK

I confirm the problem after test on USB

It may be wrong placing this feature request here (sorry for it) - is there a plan for any future release to make the isolation/sandbox asking user about status of unknown files being launched? I would prefer to be asked and then decide whether to sandbox an application rather than launchiong it, having it sandboxed, then receiving erros, closing it, unlocking and then lauching again as allowed app.

And please with an option (a checkbox?) to trust the program’s author and add them to “Trusted Vendors” when the executable is signed / has a valid certificate. This would especially help with re-populating the “Trusted Vendors” list after clearing it out completely, which I did for years with every new clean install of CIS, until now. This is unfortunately no longer possible with CIS v12. I am holding out on installing v12 in the hope that Comodo will re-enable users to customize their vendor lists in a future update.

By the way, @Shirka2010, I use somewhat of a workaround for that: I have the desktop widget enabled. Whenever CIS prompts me about a program (mostly explorer.exe, which is the host process for the Start Menu) trying to execute another unrecognized program, I click the Unrecognized Files button on the widget which takes me directly to the File Rating list with only unrecognized files shown. I change the program’s rating to Trusted, click OK to close the Advanced Settings window, wait a few seconds for the new settings to take effect, and then click Allow in the CIS prompt. This way I can bypass the sandbox for programs I recognize and trust. (It is crucial to wait a little after closing the settings window, otherwise the program still ends up in the sandbox!)