Comodo Internet Security 2019 RC (v12.0.0.6818) is now available for download.

Thanks for confirmation!

When will the new configuration format take affect? It seems more efficient and the file size is smaller compared to the current form of exporting the configuration. Also will it be saved in the registry like that?

Thanks Vladimir , This new installer works faster and I’m now on the RC

[s]I had something weird happening. I have the beta server set in Proxy and Host settings and CIS there was an updated. It updated several files. See first attached image.

I rebooted and checked out the properties of the updated binaries. They were all reverted back to 12.0.0.6806. See second attached image.

I will have to reinstall CIS. It looks there is a configuration error with the beta server.[/s]

I struck the above. I did a reinstall of CIS and after installing and rebooting the mentioned binaries had version number 12.0.0.6806.

It implicates the installer comes with those versions. Still I find it odd I did get an update for them from the beta server. Gotta love beta testing.

P.S. I am using the off line installer on Windows 10 (1809 17663.437).

I did a clean install of 6818 yesterday using the Offline installer, then used the Beta server to install KillSwitch turning it off afterwards

Checked those files this morning and they all had the 6806 version details - dated 15.3.19

Turned on the Beta server again and checked for updates. Just as you say, a small update . . . reboot and they all now show as you state, but dated 18.3.19

You’re right. After the reinstall I had the binaries with date modified. I updated CIS and rebooted and now have the binaries with date modified 18-3-2019.

I checked the file hashes of both versions and they are the same. The dates of the signing did not change between the versions. However I did not check if the time of signing was also the same.

The updated drivers are specific to windows 10 as I also get an update for those files on Windows 7. They must of made changes as the hashes of the original files in the drivers\win10 folder are different than the ones downloaded through the update, also file sizes are different. For reference

Original cmdguard.sys Size: 840424 bytes (820 KiB) SHA1: A0E7D7C78FA0DB34A7AC0692D6B9A804C81AB95A
Update cmdguard.sys Size: 849048 bytes (829 KiB) SHA1: ED5EE0CD23BA0411D64FEEBCD258E0AC68C4E05D

Hi Comodo,

Thank you for releasing (v12.0.0.6818) after installation I tried to install Kill Switch and it will not install, the installation gets to 1% then hangs then I get a corrupt package message.

Is there another way to install and from where if this is a separate installation file for this version ?

Thanks

File Rating does not detect ooemcgats.exe (belong to O&O Defrag).
Program is being started as service while system start.
CIS V11 detect it.
System: Win 7 x64 sp1.

Regards

I, too, couldn’t install it. But I have it downloaded, once and start it as a standalone program.

You need to add the Beta server IP as outlined in the initial posting and then KillSwitch will install normally

There may well be an initial update also with the Beta IP turned on

Hi,

IP’s added to Hosts file, installed and working.

I thought something was odd when previously trying to install and launch the install by clicking on Watch Activity under Containment Tasks at the install screen it says 0mb in size so at this point it could not see the file to install then hung whilst looking for it.

But after adding the Beta IP’s then launching the install again I saw Kill switch is 7mb before installation now it can see the file.

Easy when you know how.

Thanks

May be the judgment changed. Can you post a link to the Valkyrie or Virus Total report?

I went back to v11 6802.
Pls. see attachment.

Regards

KillSwitch is portable, download Comodo Cleaning Essentials
http://cdn.download.comodo.com/cce/download/setups/cce_2.5.242177.201_x64.zip
http://cdn.download.comodo.com/cce/download/setups/cce_2.5.242177.201_x32.zip
Unpack, delete unnecessary files, leave only these

Hi,

Thanks for the URL’s

Are you saying the file doesn’t show up in the file list at all or it is not being rated correctly when using version 12 of CIS? Do you have the anti-virus component installed or just the firewall?

File list doesn’t show up the file at all. I assume file rating doesn’t detect the file.
Firewall only.

12.0.0.6818 is released:

Hashes are different from RC (several files in package are updated).