Comodo Ice Dragon 50.0.0.2 Released.

Do we have any chance to use old theme of CID? Screenshot below

https://vgy.me/TBPnPA.png

I’ll second that :-TU. This does give the browser some identity (if only visual) and the same for Dragon.

:slight_smile:

IceDragon installer can ask users;

“Which theme would you prefer to use?”
Option 1 : Old theme (IceDragon button on left and old menus)
Option 2 : New Australis theme

That will be great addtion I think. “Classic Theme Restore” add-on on AMO cannot do what I want. Old IceDragon theme was very unique :-TU

I would say go with Comodo theme by default (for all Comodo browsers). If the user prefers the old theme, simply right-click on the Comodo button (top left) and select “Use original theme”.

I feel browsers are too similar to the originals. Also, put all Comodo features in one area, so users are able to see additional features. At the moment, I don’t feel they stand out enough.

:slight_smile:

Yeah, I do not feel “I am unique!” feelings while using Comodo browsers… please give us some taste,
Just like old times!

I upgraded to 50.0.0.2, but it won’t start. I only get an error message saying:
XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Line Number 2788, Column 9: <toolbarbutton id=“touch-mode-button” class=“toolbarbutton-1 chromeclass-toolbar-additional”
--------^

I can’t get it to work.

The installer won’t run.

I’m using Win XP Pro for OS.

As the next ESR version of Firefox has been released Get Firefox for your enterprise with ESR and Rapid Release is there to be a new version of CID released but built on this ESR as requested in the above link ?

Great point man thanks, this wish lay down there for years :-X I saw many things before than Comodo IceDragon developers.

and nowadays other Firefox fork browsers like Cyberfox, Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser

Comodo IceDragon developers should consider ESR IceDragon wish, that will great browser which needs less concern than that Comodo can give.

Please just do it! :-X

ESR based Comodo IceDragon Wish

This is getting annoying, hence why I haven’t checked for an update until now. I already updated the microsoft C++ file when I manually installed 49.
Please…Comodo, just make the installation and update for Icedragon like ANY other firefox. I do not have this problem with any other program I have tried to install.

CID 50.0.0.2 is getting a little old now Firefox 53.0 as been out for some time and Firefox 54.0 Beta 1 is in the works
is there any new CID on its way :-TU

I do the same question to myself

Hi Guys,

Yes we have guys working on this release right now.

I’ll update you when I have some idea of dates.

Shane.

Thanks for the update Shane

Thank you, we wait impatient. :slight_smile:

Nice to see update is on its way, soon, will it be 53.0 (:CLP)

Any news on when this latest CID update, its been some time now on this 50.02
some sites are showing , " your browser is incompatible with this site update your browser"

They released 52.0.0.4 today. :frowning:

Only core updates…no fixes or any other new feature (security features especially) :-X

Topic locked please see Comodo Ice Dragon 52.0.0.4 Released