I was experimenting something today and I hope my findings could benefit some of you who are using CIS / CFW
and for some reasons want to block the download of any program on the internet, for policies/security reasons.
Before doing this, make sure you password protect COMODO settings and create a standard user account.
In this case let’s assume the user’s name is TEST
- Open COMODO advanced settings
- Security Settings → Firewall → Website Filtering
- Under Category, create a new category (in this case TEST)
Right Click the category you just created - Add - add website
* insert, one at a time: " .exe ", " .exe* " , " *exe "
- Under Rules: select Add from the bottom
- Insert any name in the dialog that is displayed (up in the dialog box)
- in Categories, Add the category that you created in step 3) - TEST
8 ) also in Categories, add the following: Phishing Sites, Malware Sites AND the category name you created in step 3) - TEST in this case
- in Restrictions, click Add - a window will appear
- find the user that you have created (in this case, the standard user we created first of all, named TEST)
- Click OK and you are all set.
From now, COMODO should block(almost) any attempt to download executables form the internet, under any browser - under that user account only !!! (in this case TEST)
I hope the explanation was not too complex (although I think it is)… so if you are interested in finding out more, I will try to provide more
Have an amazing weekend all!!