Comodo has the best detection!

At a forum you will mostly see problems and complaints; that’s the very nature of a forum.

With more than 100.000.000 users the group that talks about problems with Avast is statistically a very small group.

I’ll believe it when I see it on av-comparatives.

Actually 100% detection is not possible. Even you said that yourself. A 100% score at Matousec proactive challenge (64 bit) is what is important, not AV. :viva:

Huh, what, money ?

Did I pay for all the tests you did in Virus Bulletin, AV Test and AV-Comparatives ?

Gimme my money back!

LOL…

my point is: these are all paid tests and not independent. There are many independent tests. Users should learn to trust Independent tests and NOT PAID ones.

100% agree. It’s like a car crash test, it works differently in different situations that happen in real life, this is how it works, and those paid test: the reality is much more reliable than laboratory tests.

Personally I trust them quite a lot. Russian tests are a bit skewed towards Kaspersky, but still OK.

However their use is limited. They don’t test for false positives, for example, or performance issues. Also they don’t stand to lose as much as an established legal entity should they blunder.

That said, an antivirus that scores low on such tests has a lot to answer for.

Any answer to my question please ?

this seems to be a realtime display and results.
they are showing the results as it happens, hence the daily numbers changing.
you can look at the weekly/monthly numbers.

Thing is… when you get a malware that is not detected by any of these av’s, and you start it … what would you wish you’d have installed as security suite ?

Definitely Comodo, because while most av’s will just shrug at it and go on with its life, Comodo still has defence+ and the sandbox to protect from unknown things. I never been infected since i use the Comodo suite.

I’ve been infected before that though, trough websites mostly. Comodo suite became a must-have for me. :-TU

To be more specific, the CIS AV is the last line of defense, based on user settings.

That’s the problem, the monthly numbers are also different :slight_smile:

you mean the exact number of files, I see now…

theoretically i agree with you, but statistically its insignificant amount. I think they are doing a good job of providing good testing service for free to vendors.

Well, it’s not something to be trusted, I’m sorry.

We respect your opinion.

We are talking AV here. And although CIS has vastly improved to compete directly with the paid AV software, I will be the first to say no AV is the best period.
I will, however, be just as quick to state CIS is, and offers, the best in protection. Period.
Just my 10 cents worth. (inflation. used to be 2 cents)

the only reason i don’t test comodo because their Internet security is very powerful besides malwarekiller comodo is very lighter then avast and avast free make you every year enter a new license even though its free while comodo lets you keep their Internet security for free on your pc for forever without a license or a key

I think something kinda different…

I dont trust in any tests, the paid ones or the independent ones…

I trust in what I see and what i experience day by day and for that matter CIS is all I need to have an extra protection in my computers. I say extra just because the main protection is my own precaution.

But this is just my point of view. Or, this is an user point of view.

What makes an AV shine in the world we live today is what it “appears” to be. In that case, its fully important to have CIS in tests like av-comparatives and others and getting high scores.

Thats an market/money point of view. And thats important too.

So…

What I want to say here is that there is no need of discussing about that craps and there is no way Melih will tell different… and thats a reality just because CIS has an paid version too, so, its important to have CIS in the front page of respected companies and paid testers like av-comparatives.

See. Its not a matter of choice or point of view. Its a matter of “needs” so CIS can stay alive and with its free version.

Sure, CIS, today, has an great public but a giant part of this public comes from announcements and reviews of companies like CNET, ZDNET, SUPERDOWNLOADS, BAIXAKI, etc. and all of these are paid companies in one way or another.

Think about it…

Please tell me how it is lighter?
I never had an antivirus before that was so resourcehungry like comodo. Each time when i tried new versions i hoped it had changed. But it didnt.
An antivirus that scans all things again and again (statefull), and uses ~+75% of cpu while that. Occupies 180mb ram even if its DISABLED… just to name a few problems.
How can you call that light?

I used antivirus products that had a footprint of ~<30mb ram, when they are enabled :smiley: , the cpu useage was low (Calculated in seconds after a day. Not minutes like comodo after a short while).

When i hear, “then the computer is too old for a security product”,
i smile, going to use an “old” antivirus, and start a modern game to play :smiley:

CIS is not free because of people are buying the paid version.
CIS is free, because comodo can.

Other vendors, those who are giving a good(!) free version of their products, are taking a “risk”, as people could be happy without ever giving money in return.
Comodo has no risk by giving CIS for free. But they can gain a lot by having CIS out there.

That are two different models. Both are good for the users.

Sorry but no. Youre wrong.

Im talking about COMODO itself. They can not maintan a free product if they have no cash comming in. They have, lets see, the certificates and thats paid. They have cis pro and thts paid too. If you, am enterprise, have no money, you can not survive. Thats simple to understand…

I am not wrong.
Comodo is a certificate company.
And if no one would buy comodo CIS,
comodo would still have the income of the certificates.

CIS is/has been a “creating trust online” product of a certificate company.
While a “good free version” of a pure antivirus company is a risk on the income.
Thats why i dont speak bad about those two kinds.
But i understand that antivirus companies are selling their product, as i would understand if they were going into the certificate business.
Still, its wrong in my eyes to create fear and asking for +50 dollars first to provide protection.
So, i like comodo and the specific A-´s because they are giving you the choice :wink: