COMODO & Har-bal

Hi here,

Just a heads up. I’ve been using COMODO internet security for a week now, and while I think it is a good product and does the job… it seem incompatible with some software.

I use a piece of audio mastering software called Har-bal ( and it just generates error messages before the gui appears (shown at the end of the post if it helps)

I made sure that it wasn’t in and Defence+ block lists and also tried turning all the protection off using the taskbar shortcut menu to no avail. After uninstalling COMODO, I could get it working again.

Is there a way to not use the Defence+ part of the software at all? I’m assuming it’s not the AV or firewall component.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: HarBal.exe
Application Version:
Application Timestamp: 46026ba3
Fault Module Name: HarBal.exe
Fault Module Version:
Fault Module Timestamp: 46026ba3
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000ceb0f
OS Version: 6.0.6002.
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 8f55
Additional Information 2: 5445267f1a1349bbcc9c6b2e6ad063a5
Additional Information 3: 0841
Additional Information 4: 092f9613b67e48433d252626e1a293e1

Ok, I delved a bit deeper into the Defence plus settings

Defence+ options → Image Executions Control Settings → Exclusions

and then added the prog to it

I’ve been getting a lot of crashes in Cubase recently, I’ll see if adding this to the Exclusions list… but would I have to add .dlls that Cubase uses, such as plugins?


Did adding that executable to the Exclusion of the Image Execution Control Settings help? Normally you would have had an alert about BO problem; I am asking because you are not mentioning it.

Can you show us a screenshot of the Defense + logs? They may show D+ blocking certain behaviours of programs that sometimes may cause to crash them.The logs can be found under Defense + → Common Tasks → View Defense + Events.

As I re-installed today the log only shows my tunring the defence+ protection settings from safe to disabled.

A strange thing… I tried to re-create the problem so the log might show something, so I took Harbal off the exclusion list and returned the Defence+ settings back to the default settings. It seems to run fine…

It could have been a corrupt Comodo installation - i’ll live with it as it is for a while and report back.

I didn’t have any buffer overflow notifications during my week using Comodo.

Let us know when the problem resurfaces.