Comodo FW does not work under windows 10

Hi,

I would like to ask you. I use W10 RTM and I tried to install latest version of Comodo firewall. It cannot be installed on this version Win. There is some solutions? The final version W10 will be release in few days and I want to use Comodo firewall.

I have another PC. I upgrade w8.1 to W10 and Comodo firewall does not work.

thank you for your answer. Sorry for me English.

A workaround that I remember from the top of my head is to start the unpacked installer from the ProgramData folder.

mod edit - spelling for clarity error

Comodo will issue a hotfix release to support Windows 10 before it’s official release.

In the mean time here are instructions on how to get it installed.
https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/cfw8-on-windows-10-installable-or-not-t112169.0.html

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to the final version of Windows 10 Pro.
After upgrading, the firewall component of CIS doesn’t work anymore.

I thought that Comodo firewall (version no longer known) was working after I installed Windows 10 this morning, but that may not be correct. After the Windows install, I received a notice that a Comodo update was available, and as there had been indications elsewhere on this set of forums that a Windows 10-compatible update would be available, I installed the Comodo update, which did not work.

I tried that built-in `fix me’ program, which failed, complete with a phone number to call. More out of curiosity than anything else, I did that, which was not only a complete waste of my time, but which also presented me with some outright lies from the so-called ‘help’ agent, who claimed that my computer was infected with massive amount of malware, along with a pop-up that my registry had something along the lines of 1700 corrupt entries.

As expected, the dishonest agent stated that, because of the malware, none of my security programs would run. Apparently, no one told them, as SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes AntiMalware, and others, were quite willing to run, and even told me that, as I was quite certain they would, that there was no malware nor viruses present on my putative infected computer.

Having failed to check https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-8204591-is-released-t111391.135.html , which shows that the update won’t run in Windows 10, I downloaded a copy. Before instaliing it, i first used Total Uninstall to remove the previous firewall, and rebooted. I then tried to install the downloaded copy of the latest version of Comodo Firewall, which gave me pop-up that it would not run under Windows 10, with a link to an interesting MS page, a page which lists programs that are blocked from installing in Windows 10. The latest information in the ink above indicates that a Windows10-compliant release will be forthcoming, perhaps next week. (I shall refraiin from engaging in coomentary on why there is not already a 10-compliant version.)

Having just upgraded from Windows 7, I had to uninstall, then reinstall Comodo from the msi found inside the current exe installer. Just open the exe with WinRAR (or similar), navigate to [b]cis\download\installs\xml_binaries\cis[/b], extract cis_setup_x64.msi and install Comodo with that.

This worked for me, with one caveat: antivirus also gets installed. I had to run the uninstaller afterwards, clicking “Change” to remove it. Rumor has it, running the msi with the command line switch INSTALLANTIVIRUS=0 will prevent the antivirus from installing, but I don’t want to have to uninstall Comodo again to find out. You should give it a try and report back.

Can confirm running msiexec /I PathToInstaller\cis_setup_x86.msi INSTALLANTIVIRUS=0 installes CIS without the anti-virus componet.

I have recently ‘upgraded’ from W7 Home Premium to W10. CIS is now version 8.2.0.4591 but I am getting the message ‘The network firewall is not functioning properly’. Windows Control Panel/Security states that the Network Firewall is on (Comodo on, Windows Firewall off). Comodo anti-virus and defense+ are on.
In CIS, clicking on “Fix It!” goes through a routine reporting success and asking for a reboot. This does not cure anything.
Any ideas?

Hi aps2011,
Can’t wait for CIS Win10 Release ? Check this topic.

Kind regards.

Thanks for pointer. Unfortunately trying to uninstall and reinstall has caused a problem. Trying to uninstall with Comodo Add/Remove components failed due to a report of a file being in use by another application: file = C:\ProgramData\COMODO\Firewall Pro\cisdata.sdb
Using Windows Conrol Panel Program & Features also failed and requested a reinstall of CIS.
Using the download cispremium_installer_5997_92.exe has frozen at 43%.
Help! What do I do now?

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/cant-wait-for-cis-win10-release-check-this-topic-t112238.0.html;msg814818#msg814818