Comodo freezes my ENTIRE computer when starting full-screen games

I’m not sure if a default install of CISv6 would even have this issue since HIPS is defaulted to off for whatever reason. But if you’re that convinced that this issue is what is happening to you, there are multiple ways to fix it…

Just so I don’t get yelled at, I’ll simply state the easiest/2nd “safest” solution. Though it will only work for one game at a time and you will have to remember to do it every time you install a new game.

Right-click Comodo’s icon in the notifications tray and select Game Mode, so that it is checked off. Start and play your game a bit… and once you’re confident that it’s loaded everything that might be blocked, exit the game and uncheck Game Mode the same way you enabled it. Make absolutely sure that you uncheck Game Mode after playing. I can’t stress that part enough.

You shouldn’t need to do this every time you run the game… just once per game.

Yeah, I’ve been seeing this problem more and more the last few weeks. It started a few weeks ago with some random game. Then later I got it with the new windows release of Spelunky. Yesterday same thing again with Saints Row 4. Today I started up The Sims 3 and… same thing, yet again.

I’ve “always” had defense set to paranoid but can’t recall ever having this issue. Game turns fullscreen and that’s it, gg, reboot.

I was looking into creating a rule for games that would bypass this, but the problem is that the defense log shows nothing at all. Personally I thought it had something to do with a directx hook or something but that isn’t it?

It’s really annoying…

Add me to this list.

Went to load up Teleglitch (on Steam) and the game goes full screen and “locks” up. This has happened with over a dozen games now.

If I wait 5-10 mins it “unlocks”. Usually to the CTL+ALT+DEL screen cause I have hit it several times.

When I do regain control of my PC I have a pop up from comodo asking what to do.

Running on Windows 8 if that matters.

Can you check the D+logs of around the time this happens and post a screenshot? What configuration are you running?

If your games have a fullscreen on off choice, its very simple to solve it just by clicking a comodo pop up question. When the game is temporary set to fullscreen off.
If the game does not have that setting choice, pre-allow the game in comodo. (By path).

Additionally you can reduce the “active time” that an alarm is shown. After the display conflict, you can mostly switch to desktop in several ways.