Product Version 3.5.57173.439

The configuration tab gives me 6 options to choose from they are :

Optimum - security
Network - security
Internet - security
Proactive - security
Antivirus - security
Firewall - security

At the moment I have Optimum - security enabled . I would like to know what each of these modules do then I will be able to judge which what module suits my needs the best . After COMODO updated I lost the ability to run a manual scan . Is this because of the module I have selected ? I started using COMODO because I liked the HIPS feature and now it seems to be absent . I would like the ability to run a manual scan again . Host Intrusion Prevention Software like the one that came with COMODO firewall when I downloaded the program was the determining factor and the reason I decided to use your product . Thanks for your time .

See this guide, by me ;D, about configs: https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_configuration_guides/which_configuration_should_i_chose_how_to_change_configurations-t29866.0.html;msg216056#msg216056

Welcome to the forum )descent) :slight_smile:
Also you can go to the Miscellaneous Tab click on help.
In help select Miscellaneous Overview/Manage My Configurations this explains the last four.
Screenshot below.
Dennis
The other two can be found by using search tab in the help file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for the quick response . Now I understand the configuration tab . Let’s work on pointing me in the direction of the HIPS feature which was my main concern .

So on the top menu bar in the CIS window, you don’t see a “DEFENSE+” button?

If so, the option to include D+ is in the installer when you install. So you may need to reinstall CIS, then make sure you check anything that may be something like D+ (sorry, I can’t remember what it was called).

Yes the Defense + button is visible and active . However the scanning option is gone . I don’t have a problem reinstalling COMODO provided the issue I’m having will be resolved . Does COMODO have a server that I can upload jpeg files . Thanks again .

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1603/201/46/759626056/n759626056_1871222_6983.jpg

There is a misunderstanding you can’t scan with HIPS=D+.
Hips is not a signature based system. HIPS is behavioral protection.
New or altered processes, accessing resources are blocked/alerted.

HIPS is THE first line of defense. The best and most bulletproof type
of protection available.

To attach pics to posts click on Additional Options.
Just below the window you type in when posting.

Later

PS. A fresh install would probably be in order as you show config options
that are like a mashup of old and new.
Also if you reinstall you could add the antivirus module then you would
have something to scan for viruses malware.

Later.

D+ used to have a option to scan, but since they integrated the AV into CIS they took it out. But for people who don’t install the AV part, it seems like it would be a good idea to have the scanning option.

That makes sense now . I didn’t realize they took the scanning feature out . I’ll look for a HIPS program . I use to use Diamond Process Guard . Not sure if Diamond Process Guard will conflict with COMODO .Too bad because I thought the HIPS feature that COMODO had was one of the better HIPS modules around . Thanks again .

Defense+ is HIPS…

So I’ll bite, what are you guys talking about? scanning? for what?

And

A fresh install would probably be in order as you show config options
that are like a mashup of old and new.

Later

Like Bad Frogger said, D+ is an HIPS and it is one of the better ones (well, for people who know almost nothing about computers it may not be a great choice).

Scanning has nothing to do with HIPS. HIPS = monitors system and give alerts about possibly suspicious actions. Anti-Virus = scans system to find files on its blacklist then tries to remove them; this is not as secure as a HIPS.

So you see, scanning never had anything to do with D+, which is a HIPS. I understand why they took it out of the D+ section, and put it in the AV section.

Thanks for all the help . I don’t need the AntiVirus module active which I now realize was active under the Defense + tab . It would be clever if the next update came with an explanation of the changes that are being made . I just updated another computer that had COMODO installed . I watched the interface change .

Bad Frogger do you see something that I’m not aware of . I don’t recall posting my config anywhere !
Now all I need to figure out is how you added those hotlinks in the signature section without the whole url showing . Thanks for the additional options tip btw .

If you go Here it explains how to add hotlinks without the whole url showing.
Dennis

What I was getting at was you have six options on config tab.

Optimum - security
Network - security
Internet - security
Proactive - security
Antivirus - security
Firewall - security

Where I have four on fresh complete install of CIS.

Internet Security
Proactive Security
Antivirus Security
Firewall Security

Which leads me to believe you have a mash up of old and new config options.
Legacy options due to update rather than complete fresh install?
Potential problems? I don’t know I was just making the observation.

Later