Comodo Firewall Wishlist v5[Closed]

Ohi,ohi my bad! I stretched the topic a bit ;D

The rewiew idea does pose many problems indeed (delayed posting, timezone reviewer incompatibility, too few volunteers…) but volunteers could really help newbie first-time approach to the forum. I think this is Comodo

way of doing things. I know they’ll get help also if they didn’t read the faq or didn’t search the forum but this tutorship mechanism could really add value to the forum.

I think this will get a pending staus but the search enhancements should get an in progress status…

It is a viable solution to use search logs to find most frequent searches and to provide some
explicative links that fill in the form search. This approach could be enhanced later making the search engine to do this automatically…

But it could provide way more info to comodo staff like an automatic top10 of forum user problems…

Well, well I did it again… (:TNG)
Sorry…

PS: This is my 10th post!!! :BNC I hope Comodo don’t raise the training number of posts to be reviewed :o…

I uset atguard till today. It was very good, everything could be set in detail, but it was simply too old for today’s needs. I like Comodo, quite easy to understand, but I miss some (very) simple features:

First of all, the wheels of my mouse sometimes don’t work. They act through comodo’s window in the window beneath it. This might not be so easy to fix.

1. in the network + application monitor I miss the button “apply”. Would be good.

2. “Turn on” and “Turn off” seems to work for all rules together! I wish to turn on/off single rules, like in my old firewall. I need not to remove a rule, i just put a tick in the checkbox in front of it to activate it or remove the tick to deactivate this rule.

3. a) When I delete rules, where do they go? How to restore them? It’s a total loss here! Better to have a checkbox (see above).

4. Underprivileged users can set/ delete rules! Nogood… I have these useraccounts so people can’t damage anything.

Thank you for this marvellous Software. My wish:

Please make the IP Adresses in Notifying/Alarm windows selectable (for copying).

(For further analyzing attacks/incoming connections this would be very helpful).

Maybe it is asked too much if I say: would it be possible to make the IP adresses clickable and implement a IP-whois-resolving function in some way? (e. g. browser based or so)!

for Melih.

I choose option 2 and a client server mechanism with encrypted connections and authentication certificates.
So the client interface can be unloaded from memory if it is not needed an this way the client interface could be connected to one or all comodo services using one or more links as the user see fit

Also an external api/sdk to the interface could be a nice addon…
And a scripting plugin…

I will give Melih as many

I can for these features expecially if he enable the

option in the forum ;D

Exactly. I want this also.

When is the Vista version going to be ready?

Vista compatible version is due to be released to public beta on April 16th. This date is not set in stone and may slip. Please note it is a beta product and should not be used in a production environment unless you are fully cognizant of the risks involved in running beta software.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Agree wholeheartedly! My deputy admins used to just Right Click > Adjust Security Level > Allow All.

Darn.

Edit: Also a password-protected uninstall.

Recognize when a program is listening on a certain port, like Tiny/Kerio does. Allow incoming connections on that port, if the owning program has access.

This will return in the next version. Egemen stated that it was only temporarily removed in v2.4. (This can be confirmed if you use a previous version like 2.3).

I’d like to be able to add names to the rules in the Network monitor, It would make it alot easier to remember what I made the rule for.

Something like a description field or something to be able to add names like “HTTP”, “BitTorrent”, “VNC”. Sometimes I don’t remember what the port I opened is for :slight_smile:

Yes! Me too want that :smiley:

I am not sure if it is posted`already in this thread or not. Currently Comodo Firewall uses CRC32 checksum hash that is not reliable. I wish it to be replaced by MD5 or better SHA1.

Thanks

i think there is a newer version SHA-2 that u can see here Secure Hash Algorithms - Wikipedia

Is this the best for hash to put in a firewall?

I like your Firewall very much. It is good, it is stable and want to advice it to many of my customers.
But I have a particular problem in the use of it.

If I have the Firewall in ‘learning mode’, then it pops up with every new ‘not known’ situation.
If the textbox is filled with too much text -so you have to scroll down to read it all- than also the radio button disappeares where you are able to accept a new to create ruly for this situation.

As I use Novell NetWare a lot, and NCP traffic (port 524) is almost heart of the NetWare environment, it is very annoying that the Comodo remark on the NCP traffic is too long and I cannot acknowledge a rule to create for it.
I know I can do that manually.
But since my company is an ICT Reseller, and visits many locations this is not the easiest thing to do.

Perhaps you can do something with this tip. (:NRD)

Hey Grote_Pier,

I believe this (overly long descriptors moving the buttons off screen) is being addressed in verison 3 (due to public beta on April 16th). You could try creating a network monitor rule that allows all traffic from the IPs of your NW servers on port 524.

Cheers,

… which reminds me …

It would be nice to have a Network Rule Export and Import button. Heck, not only network rule, but also components! But should be selectable :slight_smile:

This way, if I have to hose a system for any reason, I can just export the rules, reinstall everything from scratch, install CFP, and re-import the rules.

IMO this will also help tech support: We just try to compile the most common situations, and create several kinds of import files freely downloadable via this forum for some scenarios. Or even specialized imports for special situations.

There is a script to backup the entire config, but importing inoot an existing config is a bit of an issue. Currently, CFP numbers its rules and components in the order they are created. Importing from another system could result in lost component settings, lost rules or duplicated rules. Hopefully this will be changed in V3.

Dear,

My idea to improve the FW:

• Add ALG in FW for handle ‘special protocols’ => Like FTP / SIP / H323 / RTSP … today need to open long port range…so so secure.

• Possibility to add comment to rules (i see that it’s implemented to the future release .?

• Possibiliy to EDIT rule when the popup appear for exemple modify Port ou @IP

Some exotic feature:

• IPv6 Handle…fro XP IPv6 are native

Also, i can be beta tester for all this features ! :wink:
Regard.
/Babydock

Sure you can :wink:

If a beta is released with these features, you can download it from the Beta Corner :slight_smile:

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/board,40.0.html