COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.22.327 BETA with Threatcast Released![Locked]

The omly poblem I see with you logic Melih is ha moe often than not User will allow rather than block in order to not have problem wit programs so as time goes on you may develop a da base show higher peceentage of Allows and from this users will assume an action is safe to Allow

I hope not but this is my fear

OD

This looks good… :BNC

Josh.

I think thats why they started it in the Beta with no import.
They hope that the users that try it will know want to do ;D
Dennis

By the way Melih/Egemen/ or whoever else that knows…

More services will be added to Threatcast, right?

Josh.

Is anybody running this Beta in XP in a limited account and keeping rules made after shutdown of CPF3?
I had to change this account to admin to keep rules made it appears not to allow writing to the registry in limited account.
I tried it in CleanPC Mode checked it had the rules closed CPF3 on starting the rules where gone and it was back in Paranoid Mode in limited account.
Dennis

In the example Egemen posted for this announcement , 9 people voted to “ALLOW”. My interpretation (hypothetically) is that the 1st person (could have) made a wild and bad guess, and the next 8 people simply followed the 1st off a cliff… Or there are just some idoits out there!

I hope I’m wrong - but I’d like to see security software use more sophisticated algorithms based on REAL threat analysis, and not allow critical system protection to be governed by a Gallup Poll.

This was a quote from Wilders… But I added on to it!

My hope is that they will filter the results they get back.
Dennis

CFP is running with no problems in my XP sp2… (:CLP) :BNC

2 important things:

1.- I can’t import my configuration (:AGY)
2.- My password in the text box was visible … I was expecting the classic “********” string (:TNG)

I do no think so screenshot below for my network zones.
I receive the results from Threadcast with out any other ip address.
Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]

The problem was that as soon as I installed the CFP 3.0.22.327 and activated the threadcast, the firewall always identified the first network which was my home network that had a dns which I am familiar with. After that the CFP 3.0.22.327 identified the second network that had dns 169.xxx and asked me to accept it or not. Of course I rejected this request.
I initially thought probably one of the other computer in my network got contaminated with trojan or malware, but why it was only happen after I installed CFP 3.0.22.327? Once I backed to the old CFP 3.0.20.320 there was not such a problem. The old CFP 3.0.20.320 only identified my home network, it was never asked me about the second one.
I am sorry that I can’t explain in technical term because I am not a computer software or hardware engineer.
At the moment I back to my old CFP 3.0.20.320

Best Regards.

Reguarding 1 you are not suppose to this Beta is classed as a new version.
Very happy so far works really well :BNC
Apart from saving rules in limited account XP ???
Dennis

Hi folks,i would like to give this a go but was wondering if someone could just clarify with me exactly what happens.
From the look of it whenever you receive a pop up, whatever answer you give to that pop up is transfered back to the Comodo servers.
Is there any way you can answer a pop up without the answer given being sent?
The reason i ask this is because there are some programs which i do not have any rules for in “application rules”,thats how i like it, but say i open one(Nero for example)which automatically tries to connect to the internet when opened i receive a pop up or two which i block(shows the firewall is working ok)
Now if this information is sent back to the Comodo servers and used in the percentage count, it could end up being misconstrued if quite a few do likewise.Users may look at the results and interpret this the wrong way thinking the application is in some way bad.
Dont get me wrong this feature sure has its uses,im just a little concerned that the results may end up with people doing things they don`t really need too, based on what others have done.

So is there a"send or not to send option" and if not i think this is something that needs to be added.

Happy Easter,

Matty

I have not found one the only way I see to do that would be to make a rule manually, once the alert is up you have no choice screenshot posted below.
Or block your internet connection.
Dennis
EDIT Connection blocked by CFP3 in second screenshot.
Third screenshot in process

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is great! (:AGL)

Melih, I just have a question. Will you also release a version without TC (once TC is out of BETA)? As I’m a pretty experienced user, I would prefer to not have this feature. But once again, I’m sure it’ll be a nice addon for novice users!
I see that the question has been answered in this topic.

Cheers,
Ragwing

PLEASE implement command line viewing into CFP before taking the Threatcast project any further!

It is one thing that 2000 people allowed rundll32.exe which was trying to run shell32.dll and a completly different thing if they allowed “rundll32.exe virus.dll ,s”. Threatcast SHOULD ALLOW users to discriminate not only between the applications that are being run, but also their command lines.

I know I posted this for Vista, but the same work arounds will work for XP, at least I am told about other programs, but can’t be sure about CFP. Let me know if running the firewall as SYSTEM works.
https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews/tutorial_on_how_to_make_cfp3_work_nicely_with_vista_and_uac-t20463.0.html I think I will report the tutorial in the bugs section because I keep seeing reports about this issue and other reports as well.

I am using this beta, and all I can say is that this is the beginnings of a really great idea. I think there is a lot of potential here for something will become standard on all firewalls. The latest test results I read in another thread comparing comodo to outcast showed comodo as ranked number 1, so being the best firewall with this feature will surely make comodo standout over all the other firewalls to date. Congrats to Comodo for being in the number one slot. Keep up the good work!

If there are any more betas for this, can you make them upgrades so I don’t need to uninstall and then reinstall losing all my nice settings? I have a lot of custom settings for the properties of comodo, and those aren’t exportable. That is the only thing I would like for the future of betas. Maybe make the upgrade require that this beta is installed, but have upgrades. It would make testing a lot easier. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Thanks for your post the problem on Vista is UAC none on XP
I did not have this problem in CPF3.0.18 this was the last time I started with a new config no import.
They must have put a new protection to the config in the registry since then. (this problem does not effect Vista)
If I want in XP all I have to do is run my account as adminstrator to set up rules then change it back.
Dennis
EDIT I think it started in CPF3.0.20

Haven’t installed it yet – I’ll do it tomorrow, first thing. (BTW: any chance to see a Beta also for the poor x64 users?)
But I’m the same kind of user like Matty:

So, if we’re blocking legit apps from calling home for whatever reasons – this will make results much more interesting. Blocking Comodo group is not an option – sorry again, I haven’t tested it – but if communication is done using different destination ports for sending/requesting, one could block outgoing. If it isn’t, maybe it should be, or maybe just an option, like Matty suggested.

Well, first I start with saying after all the negative (:TNG) things that have been said over TC. It was exactly what I was thinking it would be . So good :slight_smile:

Secondly … well is it just me but euh… when I don’t remember the answer the firewall asks me again right. Say the first time I blocked it, it will say 100% blocked it (nobody else had a problem with it I assume). So as I hate it I block it again still don’t remember the rule.

Then I see the next time (like 5 secs later) it says 2 % blocked it. As I thought somebody else denied it also. I kept opening it and blocking it. And now it is like 6 persons blocked it , all me (:NRD).

Does anyone else have this problem or did my computer just hack TC at some way?

Xan