COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276 has been released! [Closed]

OK, thanks Leopard19, snuck a reply in there before me

Uninstalled .273, reinstalled .276 without a hitch. “Ask” still doesn’t work as a firewall rule choice, but not expected to (yet). BUT some major changes. I am now getting Firewall Alert messages for loopbacks-and access to the loopback zone has been added to some of the predefined policies. Yay Comodo! Now if Comodo would only include Passive FTP instead of FTP loopback… But great job, and will start using from scratch instead of importing old ruleset because of impact of this change. :BNC (:CLP)

[attachment deleted by admin]

The patch is only for certain version as noted in Egemen’s post.

So I guess the testers of the 3.0.14.273 version can’t use the patch, and have to do an uninstall, and than install the 3.0.14.276 version ???

Greetz, Red.

Just as a test, i run the integral updater in 273, which downgraded the firewall, without rebooting. I then ran the patch to update to 276, this time rebooting the PC.

The update appears to have been succesfull, with out loosing my settings.

Installed fine, though would be nice if you did not have to restart ever time. Can you not simply shutdown the firewall and service, install the patch, and restart firewall?

(L) (M)

Hello,

Installed the newest version, everything seems good, except that it still wants me to OK firefox accessing the internet, even after I tell it OK several times.

Thanks for an almost perfect FREE firewall!

For those wanting to uninstall CFP 3 and install fresh, It is a good idea to goto this thread first
https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/manual_uninstall-t5326.0.html and do that after you have uninstalled the firewall via Add/remove and if the comodo folder remains where ever you had it installed eg:; C:\Program files\comodo\firewall with the cmdagent.exe in it, just delete the folder.

then begin your fresh install of CFP 3.0.14.276 (V)

so
Step 1) uninstall the firewall in Add/Remove
Step 2) next perform that action in that link it tells you exactly what do to
Step 3) if the comodo folder is not deleted after that then just delete it
Step 4) Finally install your fresh copy of the new firewall version 3.0.14.276

I thought this might help some to get a nice clean install ;D

when come for this version dutch i hope fast i have now 2.4 dutch i hope when come :BNC

verry good firewall i hope verry fast for 3.0 :BNC

Hello,

Im using current 3G mobile/wireless internet and finding browsering/downloading rather slow atfer install COMODO is there any specific setting that you would recomend to help in gaining some performace back.

I only wish i found this when i was using XP. Great work COMODO

Well, that was a very uneventful install (YAY!). I did the clean uninstall/install route because, well, that’s what I always do (maybe I like to show the computer who’s boss, I guess). The install time seemed shorter to me than previous versions. Is the existing safelist now more comprehensive? I went through the motions of allowing Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word, only to have the firewall tell me these were already on the safe list. Also, did some of the verbage change in some of the popups that did occur? I had two come up when I started Outlook. The text was plain and to the point–this is a SAFE application and you can click Allow (instead of the lawyer-ese I saw previously)? If so, bravo! Also, did the Active Process list change? It seems easier to understand now.

Way to go guys! (:CLP) (:KWL) :■■■■

Great lateral solution - downgrade then upgrade without losing rules. Clever!

I completely agree.

The reconstruction of the white list is outstanding (31MB-9MB). Defense+ Shows ALOT less alerts, all major bugs have been fixed, I am very happy now!

Its only 9MB and has a Great HIPS and GUI+Whitelist and help, CFP 2 was 7MB, 3MB difference?
GREAT JOB.

And resources are EVER so low: cpf.exe is running at 4MB. cmdagent running at 5MB

KEEP UP THE FANSTASTIC WORK! I have uninstall ed my Antivirus software! Waiting for CAVS 3 :slight_smile:

Josh.

Everyone is so concerned over upgrading or doing a clean install without losing their rules, I’ve been doing nothing but clean installs for each version since beta 3.0.9 and haven’t lost a setting. Am I the only one here who knows how to use import/export settings?!

Do bear in mind that 276 has some features that 273 didn’t have, in Network Policy, namely support for Loopback Networking. If you import rules from a prior version.

Depending on your imported rules, these new settings may be disabled.

I’d rather do clean install, so uninstall the old completely, this is what i always like to do. Since the download size almost same is 9MB for setup or patch. Well done for Comodo Team (:CLP)

Oh? Can you tell me exactly where I can find those settings and what I should be looking for? I wanna see if anything’s disabled.

Two places:

Firewall/Firewall Behaviour Settings/Alert Settings.

Also check your Zones, in 276 there is a default Loopback Zone, which is now part of several predefined NSP rules.

I can see the options. They are off and I mean to keep them that way. In the network zones I don’t have a loopback rule. Could you give me the details of that rule aswell as the others you say have been predefined so that I may add them manually?