COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276 has been released! [Closed]

Hi Guys,

We would like to announce the availability of COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276.

What is New ?

FIXED! VPN Clients can now connect to VPN servers while CFP is installed
FIXED! cmdagent.exe no longer consumes 100% CPU64 Mb RAM
FIXED! System reboot no longer takes too long when CFP is installed with some other security software, e.g. avast!
FIXED! CFP can now find the application behind a connection (for example Kaspersky web scanner)
FIXED! “System Idle Process” is now changed to “Windows Operating System” to describe application less traffic (So no more “System Idle Process” in CFP)
FIXED! Internet Connection Sharing (ICS): CFP is now compatible with ICS servers (users will be required to answer some popup alerts)
FIXED! System performance has been improved
FIXED! Defense+ no longer allows some applications to modify a protected file if it is not allowed
FIXED! Eliminated 8.3 path conversion and its associated duplicate entries/not remembering my answer problems (e.g. for BOClean or AVG)
FIXED! If CFP.exe is active, trying to rerun cfp.exe will activate the currently active CFP.exe instance now
FIXED! Accidental BLOCK/ALLOW for image execution popups are NOT remembered through out the application life time anymore (This means if an application is blocked/allowed from being executed without remembering, it will be asked again).
FIXED! Default global rules for NON-P2P mode has now been changed to allow various incoming ICMP messages that affects windows updates and trace routing applications

FIXED! New application signature database has been introduced; the size and format has been significantly changed to prevent false alerts from some AV programs
FIXED! Crashes while opening help file from the GUI links have been eliminated
FIXED! Crashes related to password protection dialog have also been eliminated

Download locations:

Windows XP or later(32 Bit)
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32.exe

Windows XP or later(64 Bit)
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x64.exe

Upgrade instructions:

Due to the nature of this update, users of the 3.0.13.268 and 3.0.12.266 must manually download the following patches and update their copies.

Patch for Windows XP or later(32 Bit)
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/Patches/CFP_Patch_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32.exe

Patch for Windows XP or later(64 Bit)
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/Patches/CFP_Patch_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x64.exe

Regards,

Egemen

Cheers!!! ;D

Thank you!!! Great work Comodo!! (:CLP)

Josh. 8)

Thanks Egemen.

does 3.0.4.273 also need a clean install? or will update do the job?

Harry (:NRD)

Read the upgrade instructions.

I am doing a clean install to make sure everything goes through fine.

Thanks to developers!

I have been waiting this to install my new OS.

aXes

thanks to the team for that! (:CLP)

adding: people be careful, do not attempt to upgrade directly from the GUI, or you’ll still be downgraded to old 3.0.13.268 version. I thought it could happen, and it did lol. Better to uninstall completely and do a clean install with the new version, and may be deactivate the auto-update function for a few days still.

ps. an ICS new setting is activated by default in the firewall settings, should be optional.

Final: CFP_Setup_3.0.13.268_XP_Vista_x32.exe was 31.3MB.
Final: CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32.exe is 9,08MB.

Do I see correct?

aXes

yes they have reduced the size of the safe files database.

There is too many people with this problem so comodo is making it easier by activating it by default and reducing forum help for ICS reasons.

He who scatters will reap abundance.

The peach that tastes sweet is better than the melon that is promised.

Good things come to those who wait . . . and in this case that thing is CFP 3.0.14.276 :BNC

I am giddy with excitement and can’t wait to load it up – many thanks to the Comodo Staff, development team and the throng of beta testers who gave of their valuable time.

Best,
Max

(V)

I went the Egemen’s link. Click on the set up, 1st unistall last version, rebooted, clicked on the set up again and installed this version. No hiccups!

Working like a dream. (:CLP)

This is confusing. We can’t update via ‘Check for Updates’ in the program? We have to uninstall and and then re-install? Or we can use the patch?

Use the patch.

What happens if people download over the top?

?

What happens if I download the new version without un-installing the old version? I.e. over the top of it.

It’s recommended that you use the patch. I don’t know what could happen. Why take any risk?

LA

Thanks Comodo for this update, though I never had any problems with the previous version. :slight_smile:

that’s not a patch, that’s a full new version (= old one patched). I prefer the uninstall and reinstall way, better for eventual stability issues. Overwriting the old version might work though.

sorry I must correct this post: there are actually also patches with links that appear at the bottom of Egemen’s post. I didn’t bother reading the whole message, my bad. these patches don’t seem to concern the latest beta that we’ve been testing, only the previous official release and an older one too (RC1?).

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply but could could someone who does know respond?

If it’s not possible to update via the program then people who don’t read these forums may download the new version over the old version. Is that OK or will it cause problems?