Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4.13.153 RC3 Released

Thanks for this and the TCP In popups have gone but to test it out I deleted Firefox rules to create them again and was asked about a UDP In connection from my DNS for Firefox. Never been asked for that before in any previous version/beta.

Just launched Thunderbird and noticed UDP In connections from DNS in Connections dialog although CPF didn’t ask me permission for them and there are no rules accepting UDP In.

I’m also not now getting 0.0.0.0:0 connection popups. Thanks.

Still getting TCP In connections showing in Connections dialog which all have 0 bytes in Bytes Out column. However they do show bytes In, so I’m still very worried about this - whether this is a bug or these bytes are really getting in. Please confirm which it is because if it the latter it is a serious breach of security, isn’t it?

Mark

But thanks anyway to help thinking what the problem could be and how to fix it or found information about it. If everyone helps thinking, we’ll find a solution.

That’s OK Matt, no need to apologise… I miss lots of stuff. So, keep posting.

i’m in the same situation and all solutions posted didn’t resolve the fact that no dump file is created.i have looked at the event viewer but i don’t find anything.the only thing i can say it’s that some betas ago cpf worked like a charm with no problem.probably something has been added and it creates this problem.that’s all.thanx anyway for helping us .it’as a very good forum.

Sorry for beeing so offtopic:

Dr.Web and McAfee Antivirus and Lavasoft Adaware don´t found the rootkit.
But McAfee have protect the system from bufferoverflow…better than nothing I think ^^

RootkitRevealer (Sysinternals) - don´t found

UnHackMe 3.10 - funny, same producer as ReRun Renimator, but don´t found anything. ^^

F-Secure BlackLight - don´t found

McAfee Rootkit Detective (Mcafee) - found it, but it give much useless results too, so you have to google for informations for the results.
There are some software like gamycopyprotections, alcohol120% virtuall drive, daemon tools ect. which act like rootkits.
So don´t be scary if you give this one a try.
In my case, it found C:\WINDOWS\system32:lzx32.sys

The Rootkit´s name was Rustock Rootkit(lzx32.sys)
Some forum-threads talk about, that you get a bsod if you try to install mediaplayer11 oder ie7 when this rootkit is on your system.
You see can read the line system32:lzx32.sys somewhere in the bluescreen-output.

RegRun Reanimator 5.0 (greatis) - find and remove it

There are some rootkitscanners outthere…and some of the rootkits have antidedections-routine to steahlt form the scanner, so if you think you have something, better try different scanners.

Sorry for be so much offtopic here again :wink: (:KWL)

Ah… since the BSODs happen at boot time, apparently it is possible that Windows has not sufficiently booted in order to have the loaded components to actually generate a dump file and/or log event entries. This might explain why the dumps are absent. This would also imply an very early failure in the boot cycle.

Interestingly enough, this information came from BSOD issues relating to Daemon Tools & Alcohol 120%. Egemen has repeatedly asked about these apps. Perhaps they all load very early in the boot cycle.

BSOD happen very early in boot cycle? Maybe, but I get to see the animated bootscreen for a time. I guess for half a minute. And just when I think everything started well and I normally get to see the logon screen, the BSOD appears.

And the program Alcohol 120% isn’t installed on my system, but I see that Daemon Tools is. Could that be causing the problem?

Try to guess something from msconfig :).

1. Start
  2. Run…
  3. msconfig

Try to uncheck daemon and the firewall agent and see what happens. How about it?

Isn’t there ment to be a CPF 2.4 release today? I know that original date was the 9th and then moved to the 11th (today). Can we have a new expected release date???

Eric

Given Egemen’s previous reaction to Daemon Tools & Alcohol 120%… I’d say yes. They are the same sort of app.

BTW Disabling DT might not help, I think there are drivers as well & it is these drivers that are likely to be causing the BSODs, not the apps themselves.

You wouldn’t want a buggy release, would you?

Personally I’d prefer to wait a little longer and see a stable bugs free release :smiley:

I’ll give it a try. I actuallt forgot that Daemon was installed on my system. I’ll let you know if it worked

You must be right, but maybe we can handle those ini files as well :).

i have removed daemon tool and sptd.sys driver (which is part of daemon tools) and BSOD again.are there some hidden files or drivers to remove either of daemon tools either of alcohol?thanx

Of course I wouldn’t want a buggy release, just a new possible release date. Sorry I’m sometimes an impatient comodo user.

Eric

Ah… now that’s a tricky issue. Both DT & A120 have different drivers for different versions & often, it is reported, both leave drivers behind (especially on trial/demo versions) when uninstalled. Have you actually had both installed at one point?

If you open Device Manager, go to View, select Show Hidden Devices, then look at Non-Plug and Play Drivers, you may see something for DT.

LM

PS: soyabeaner, you may not get heatstroke, but you and Arkangyal might have to change your avatars again… ;D

no not at the same time.alcohol has been installed and deinstalled months ago.daemon deinstalled some days ago to try new betas which give BSOD.i have searched the system for files and drivers and followed Little Mac advice.i’ll try and then report back.bye

i will wait for the final and bug-free CFW…the present CFW brought down my pc…

What? I was in Germany and on top of a hill i had a small hot wine ^^, what’s wrong with that? :D:D:D

ps:
Device manager:

1. start
  2. run
  3. devmgmt.msc
    :■■■■