Comodo Firewall on Windows XP SP2

Does Comodo Firewall have compatibility issues with Windows XP Pro SP2? I have a machine which runs Win XP Pro SP2 and I tried loading Comodo on it. I believe there are compatibility issues because it ceases to let any traffic through, even when I’ve turned off Comodo, as in Quit the application. I have to reboot the machine without Comodo to access the Internet again. I have also loaded Comodo on another machine I have which runs Win XP Pro (not SP2) and it works just fine on this machine.

Please advice as I’d really appreciate any help you can give me. I don’t believe I have done anything wrong on the Win XP SP2 machine as I have the exact same settings as the Win XP Pro machine.

Thanks.

Hi speedoflight

Just to let you know that I am running Comodo Firewall on 2 machines. 1 with XP Home SP2 and the other XP Pro SP2 with no problems at all.

I don’t know what is causing the problem you are having, but I am sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be along to help you soon.

Luxor

G’day,

No known issues with XP Pro SP2 - I’m running it as I type this with CFP running.

Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling. If you still can’t access the net after reinstalling, can you please check the firewall logs and see if there are any relevant entries.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I’m also running XP Pro SP2 with CFP 2.4.x without such issues. If you do reinstall, make sure it’s in Safe Mode to ensure that no other software is conflicting during that moment.