Comodo Firewall: Manual Uninstall- all files, folders, regitry entries requested

Yes, I can and I have… If most people sackriding against me would read all of my posts in this thread and from the locked instead, this question would not have been asked again.

I do respect you Justin, you already know that, but please don’t jump on the bandwagon when you are already aware of what’s transpired.

Actually they do for enterprise products. Home products are not listed in their knowledgebase but you CAN get that information through email.

https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/vulcan_manual_uninstallation_info-t12245.0.html;msg86436#msg86436

Vulcan,

1. I CAN read and I DID read all of your previous posts. I still stand by my opinion.
    Melih has not questioned your intentions for a very long time. It was only when you didn’t stop spreading FUD (and it is) that he started questioning your intentions.
  2. As I said before: Why would you trust Melih. You suspect him of doing something fishy; so how can someone with an intellect so superior that he can feel sorry for a stupid person like me believe in the correctness of such a list? Beats me :smiley:
I did not start spreading vulgarities, smears, and character attacks.
ermmm...
You may not have seen a rational argument presented before, but honestly it doesn't surprise me considering the about of cheerleading and sackriding responses in this thread and the original.
How you can gain respect for a CEO who represents himself and his brand of "creating trust online" is beyond me.
??? 6.
I really feel sorry for people like you who believe in blind trust with absolute loyalty. Trust is a two way street that requires transparency. Trust is not an individual or corporation telling you to trust them, and then not sharing information when it is requested.
Don't feel sorry for me. I'm quite happy the way I am. BTW, this could be considered a character attack (see no.4). However, I also believe that trust is a two way street and Melih and Comodo have have done everything to gain my trust. I don't believe in blind trust with absolute loyalty. I'm loyal because Comodo has gained my trust!!! 7. Please stop quoting yourself all of the time. grampa.

P.S. Doesn’t it bother you to be a COMODO FAMILY MEMBER??? :wink:

If this is truly suspicious, why are you the only one who thinks this? Why have the other many companies who have tried and written reviews on Comodo Firewall not saying that the EULA is suspicious?

If Melih falsified his post or intentionally left out information it would undoubtedly come back to haunt Melih and Comodo. This begs the question why is Melih unwilling to disclose this information? The information I requested can only be used to troubleshoot an installation or remove an installation from the system.

For many reasons I’ve listed many times before, I will not install a security product on any system of mine if the software developer does not show transparency regarding an installation. If the software developer does not trust the end user, the end user should not trust the software.

I requested the disclosure of information to put to rest that issue, and Melih’s actions so far have only increased that skepticism. There are no trade secrets involved with my request.

Ok, here’s a complete install log of files, folders and registry keys altered when installing CPF for the first time on an XP box.
Happy now?

[attachment deleted by admin]

That was the title for my original thread here on Comodo Forums, yes I do believe I remember it.
As I stated before, the topic was a metaphor for my skepticism based on repeated requests that had been ignored by other posters and contradictory statements made by Melih when compared to the CPF EULA.

Again if you read below, you will see exactly why the thread was mirrored. BTW as you already know the other security forum wishes to stay out of this discussion as they have commented so it would be best if they be removed from any further reference.

Actually Grampa, that is an excellent point indeed! Obiviously the intention is ill in this scenerio hence the continued FUD!

Melih

Wow… amazing… and it took ~cat~ a whole 7 minutes to do that :slight_smile: makes you wonder why vulcan never bothered to that :wink: I guess if he did, then he wouldn’t have anything else to FUD about would he :slight_smile:

Melih

You are right there are no trade secrets involved with your request, just good old FUD :slight_smile:

Melih

COMODO PFirewall.txt (84.51 KB - downloaded 3 times.)
They're storming the gates to get at this top secret information.. Captain, the servers can't take it.. we need more power!

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I expressly disagree. Melih deliberately chose not to answer my questions, and instead chose to use the diversionary tactic of attack the messenger, do not respond to the message.

I’ve repeated this comment to someone else elsewhere.

[QUOTE]Personally, before yesterday I really had no impression of Comodo or Melih. His posts really do reflect a lot about the Company’s perception of trust.
[/quote]
I am asking for Comodo to show transparency. A software developer should not fear disclosing a list of all files, directories, registry entries associated with each revised build of a product. The IT corporate world demands as much, this is not a extraordinary request by any means. However, as I stated before, if Comodo publishes an official list and deliberately withholds information of files which can be determined to be malicious, that would be extremely damaging to Comodo.

Honestly it makes no sense why Comodo would not disclose this information. Not doing so upon repeated request is suspicious behavior and should be treated with skepticism.

[quote author=grampa link=topic=12225.msg86794#msg86794 date=1188850005]5. ???
[/quote]
My initial post pointed out contradictions between Melih’s statements and the CPF EULA. I did not attack him, I simply asked that he clarify his statements and address issues with the CPF EULA.

Melih chose not to address these question, and then went down the road of trying to attack me rather than addressing the questions I had raised.

[quote author=grampa link=topic=12225.msg86794#msg86794 date=1188850005]5. ???
[/quote]
Melih’s conduct has not been becoming of a CEO. He has shown very little composure for an IT professional. His actions and choice of words have not represented himself or his brand very well. That’s my opinion, but I’m sure many professionals would agree. He would have been better off addressing my questions that resorting to smears and character attacks.

I feel sorry for anyone who exhibits blind loyalty and does not debate an argument. My questions are in the best interests of the CPF end user which would benefit you the end. Yet, in your post you did not address my questions but tried to attack my character. I feel sorry for you because you really are hurting yourself by attacking me.

You believe Melih and Comodo because you installed their product and use it. But did you actually read the CPF EULA? Do you know what Comodo Personal Firewall installs on your machine? Have you monitored all outbound traffic on your machine by sniffing packets or through a separate hardware firewall/switch to make sure that the software is acting as it should? I assume the answer to most of those questions is no. I also assume that if you had some knowledge of security networking or IT administration that you would have asked these questions before you installed any firewall product on your system.

I only quote myself when someone asks a question I’ve already answered in detail.

Why would it bother me? I came here to ask questions in the hopes that those questions would be answered, that some skepticism would be laid to rest, so I could go on with trying out the product.

I only wish Melih would address those questions directly and give an offical response to those questions instead of dodging them.

Well, grettings,

I have just spent some time on the last thraed concerning this. Interesting reading. I have heard of “swings and rounabouts” but that is certainly extension.

Un-install info. Well, I would certainly like to see any vendor give this full info, is this fully possible and completely accurate if it was? I think not. We could look at installation, files/reg entries, then compare to another installation, are they the same? I do look at such boring stuff at times.

Vulcan:
I, personally am no great supporter of Comodo, nither do I take time to try and “FUD” such. I have no assoisiation with comodo, in fact I have had a number of conflicts with “Melih” (it happends). But come on. You post links to un-install info for other firewalls, this is info for files remaining after an un-install and use of un-install util.
If you have some problem with any files/reg entries left after removing Comodo, then please post. I must admit, I do not un-install firewalls, I restore an image, because all the firewalls I install always leave some reminance (no direct inferance to comodo)

Maybe because I’m one of those rare individuals who actually takes the time to read through the EULA instead of just clicking accept? lol

How many people do you know that actually read product EULAs or for that matter understand all of the legal terminology included in most product EULAs? lol

I can’t speak for reviews like those in PC World, other magazine reviews or online publications, but from what I’ve seen most reviews do not provide an in-depth analysis of everything related to a product.

Thank you

I hope Melih chooses to post this information to the Comodo knowledgebase and includes similar disclosures for revised builds if there are further changes made to the operating system.

right… /sarcasm

Thank you for this useful info Stem. Good catch about what Vulcan has posted. I didn’t realise its just links to info for files remaning after an unistall and use of un-install utility.

I did try to explain to him about difficulties of creating and keeping such a repository. I did try to explain to him that this is not an industry standard, but Vulcan did not like this answer and continued his quest in FUD.

Anyway, thanks for catching that little bit of info and would like to see how Vulcan is going to wiggle himself out of this one :slight_smile: He still hasn’t provided an evidence that this is an industry standard yet he expects us to do it.

thanks
Melih

Why should the end users have to install a product to see that information and not have that information listed for public reading on Comodo’s website?

Sure I could have set up a virtual machine, the point is moot though. I, nor any other end user should have to.

Says the CEO who would not disclose information that should be public.

Melih are you going to address the link in the CPF EULA?

Scotty… I … think I … have to… step … out for awhile…

Can I… get back… to … your request… later?

/Jim

All the attractions of a three ring circus! popcorn included!

It can be, it just depends on how forthcoming the software developer intends to be. :slight_smile:

I would respectfully disagree that some of the links I’ve provided do not require installshield to remove an installation from the system.

I have not installed CPF yet, I came here looking for “manual install” information and found none. I did however find other posters who had asked for the exact same information and were repeatedly ignored. I also found a link in the CPF EULA, which is not to the benefit of the end user. That’s why I registered here to ask that those concerns be addressed. I’m sure you know that though, as you’ve acknowledged reading the other thread besides this one.