Comodo Firewall: Manual Uninstall- all files, folders, regitry entries requested

Vulcan, you are truly durable and patient. Would you consider using Comodo’s products if you received the answers you are looking for (or should I say, “if you were susceptible to the answers you are looking for”)?

/LA

I don’t often find myself in a situation such as this, but I prepared myself for the worst. It seems as if Melih is pushing the envelope as it is with smears and character attacks.

I didn’t ask for his source code or for trade secrets. You see the lengths he’s going to just to try and dismiss my questions for the release of information that should be public. This alone should make people question why?

It makes no sense that he would attack me unless he didn’t want to answer my request for disclosure.

There were registered forum members who presented a request for “manual uninstall” procedures without the use of a binary tool long before I joined or even read these forums. Those individuals had their requests ignored by Melih and Comodo. I had seen independent leaktests performed on Comodo’s firewall. I joined these forums to ask questions, because I am truly interested in using it. However, I will not install any security product on any system, which does not give a detailed description and list of all files, directories, and registry entries are added from an installation, with locations, and instructions on how to remove those changes without the use of a binary tool. While searching for those answers, I also read the CPF EULA, and section 9 raised a rather large concern.

Anyone can see that Melih is more determined too attack me personally than to answer the questions I raised about the CPF EULA using a link and my request for transparent disclosure about all files, directories, and registry entries are added from an installation of Comodo Firewall and how to remove them without an automated binary tool.

He doesn’t want to answer the question. why? Makes no sense whatsover unless he’s trying to hide something.

Don Quixote riding to the rescue of Security and IT professionals?
I hardly think so, more like a rambunctious kitten coming into puberty who won’t be denied.
I vote we neuter him.

I think we have probably all noticed that, so no need to repeat yourself further.

The phrase ‘flogging a dead horse’ comes to mind.

At this point, I would say that this may be the best choice.

Not true, you attacked him!

You come to this forum cos you claim you are looking for a new firewall.... you started your first post with total FUD.... you say you lost your interest in Comodo.... You say you are not going to help other members in this forum..

so what the hell are you still here for?

Melih, I’m totally with you on this one. My respect for you - and I’m just giving my very personal two pence here - has risen even more following this threat.

Vulcan, as stated by Melih, you started your first post with FUD and Melih has, nevertheless, never questioned your good intentions. All he asked of you was to ask your questions in a more mannered way. You started a new thread, asked in a (tad) more mannered way, and received, IMHO, very detailled answers. However, you continued spreading FUD and Melih kept his patience for an applaudable long time. Granted, he’s not being very nice anymore but I think that’s quite understandable. You, on the other hand, are behaving like a spoilt child who wished for a new bicycle on christmas, got one but a black and not a blue one and is now taking the whole place apart. If you cannot respect the forum rules, if you cannot behave by the simplest rules of conduct, then I cannot but ask what Melih has already asked:
what the hell are you still here for?
Do you not see how everyone here gets help and all the information they need. Don’t you see how people help each other, including the CEO of the company whom you seek to discredit. Never have I seen anyone complain in a way similar to yours. If 27508 people think only positive about the forum and the support they get here every day, how can you have the nerve to insult Melih and Comodo? Because that is exactly what you’re doing!
I think you owe Melih an apology.
Just my two pence.
grampa.
(B) (L) (R) (V)

I’m patient, because I know what I’m asking for in terms of disclosure is not an extraordinary request. The concerns about the CPF EULA, are a slightly different story, but they should be of great concern to an end user. I think my intent has been clear from the start. I wish to try out the product, but through some researching I became somewhat skeptical about the product. Hence I posted the original topic, voiced concerns supported by information I had come across in the forums, and raised questions about the lack of information surrounding what Comodo installs, and how to remove it without relying on an automated binary tool. After reading the CPF EULA, the inclusion of a link in section 9 also appeared rather suspicious as it there are no restrictions in the “Log Files” or “Sharing” sections of the Comodo Privacy Policy. Additionally, the inclusion of a link allows Comodo to change the physical scope of the Privacy Policy at any time and those changes retroactively apply to all CPF users without the users actually accepting those changes.

Melih could address my first concern by simply disclosing the information I have requested about “manual uninstall” files, directories, and registry entries. He has it, it’s probably in a .txt file or on an internal system at Comodo, which all employees can access, but it’s ridiculous to believe Melih’s notion that this is some extraordinary request.

The second concern would require Melih consulting with Comodo’s legal team, and require a physical revision of the EULA itself to include whatever language that Melih/Comodo want to express in the CPF EULA without using a web link. I’ve already stated above why using a web link is bad for an end user’s rights. It’s sure a great thing for a corporation though, because they can change the web page the link directs to and have those terms remain binding to the end user without the end user having a clue.

From my first post

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,12245.0.html

Just as you chose to lock the other thread and then make cowardly statements attacking me without letting me have a chance to defend myself?

I guess I shouldn’t really be surprised, considering the general treatment I have received so far.

No answers given, only smears and character attacks against me.

Vulcan, the other topic was most likely closed because there were two topics with the same discussion going on, this one and the other one which is now locked.

Also you are saying you think Comodo has a suspicious EULA, don’t you think if something was “Fishy” that other bigger software firms would have caught it, places such as Wilders, PCMag (which voted it as editor’s choice), etc… They have found nothing wrong with the current EULA, so I cannot understand what your issues are!

If there was something suspicious and possibly malicious it would have been caught ages ago, not by another user with a lot of free time.

So what I or anyone else should take away from this is Melih and Comodo do not intend to disclose what changes an installation of Comodo Personal Firewall makes to a users operating system and that Comodo has no intent of instructing the end user on how to manually remove all traces of Comodo Personal Firewall from a users operating system?

Do you actually mean “threat”? No, I think you misspelled, which makes it quite funny! ;D

Vulcan, what can I say… I respect that you have an other point of view than the rest of us, but personally I don’t see any problem whatsoever. Like most of the other Comodo users. I’m just glad that I get top-performance security software for free; it even keeps me from throwing out Windows and installing Linux.

/LA

Do giant firms such as Symantec list every single registry key that their products install? NO they don’t! They provide what you refer to as a “binary tool” to remove all traces of the product on the user’s system.

Can you list 3 security companies that list every single registry and file change that their firewalls make to your system?

I pointed out a contradiction in Melih’s posts.

There’s a big difference between pointing out a contradiction in an official response, and Melih choosing to smear and attack me.

Melih’s statements are contradictory to the CPF EULA which is a binding agreement.

Doh! (:SHY) I misspelled it. Bit I’m sure it was a Freudian slip ;D. However, I spelled it correctly towards the end of my post (:NRD)
And Vulcan…
… even if Melih disclosed a list of all the files that CFP installs, don’t you think he could easily forge that list??? I’d do that if I had ill intentions :wink: - that you allege Melih has. Why don’t you just use one of the myriad tools to find out what’s being installed by CFP? A list given to you by an assumingly dishonest person is no good. Think about it :wink:
Cheers,
grampa.

So Vulcan, you don’t recollect posting this topic at Wilders then?

“Comodo Firewall: I fear the Greeks even when they bring gifts”

If that is not a personal attack I don’t know what is.

Melih has questioned my intentions many times, you need to read his responses carefully. He has insinuated that I am working for his competitors in some fashion and has resorted to petty insults calling me childish and a liar. How you can gain respect for a CEO who represents himself and his brand of “creating trust online” is beyond me. This is not becoming conduct of a professional let alone a CEO.

I have yet to receive full disclosure. Melih, has dodged my request in excess of 40 posts

If you had read my request, you would see that I specifically requested.

As I’ve stated multiple times and I quote.

FUD would be an appropriate term to describe the continued dissemination of questions in the face of clear and direct answers.

I have not received clear and direct answers. Melih has dodged my questions.

I am not the individual who has avoided questions. I did not start spreading vulgarities, smears, and character attacks. I did point out contradictions between Melih’s statements and the CPF EULA. If you can’t tell the difference between a rational argument and Melih’s diversionary tactics I wish you the best. You’re going to need it.

I answered that question on the previous page and read my response.

I did not get a direct answer to my questions. I am still waiting for Melih to disclose the information I request. Melih is not sharing the information I and others have requested.

Read my posts since page 1 of the following thread. Melih’s statements were contradictory to the CPF EULA, I also requested information that had been ignored when previous requests by other posters were made. I also posted a PM from a favorable reply I sent to Melih before he chose to smear me, and try and play games.

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,12245.0.html

I made a post listing my skepticism of certain choices to ignore requests for information by previous postser and contradictory statements made by Melih himself. You may not have seen a rational argument presented before, but honestly it doesn’t surprise me considering the about of cheerleading and sackriding responses in this thread and the original. If Melih feels insulted, I feel sorry that he does. I requested the disclosure of information and tried to focus on the information I requested. Melih chose not to stay on topic and still chooses not to answer my questions.

I really feel sorry for people like you who believe in blind trust with absolute loyalty. Trust is a two way street that requires transparency. Trust is not an individual or corporation telling you to trust them, and then not sharing information when it is requested.

It was rather convenient as usual that the thread is locked, and then a moderator and Melih decide to make cowardly attacks on my character without allowing me the chance to respond.

Including a link in the CPF EULA is suspicious. It doesn’t matter if it’s Comodo or Microsoft (which is what microsoft did with Vista) the behavior is suspicious because it allows the software developer the ability to change the physical scope of the EULA at any time, without the end user accepting those changes. You don’t have to take my word for it, call your legal department, they’ll tell you the same thing.

That’s your assumption. So far I registered and posed two questions to Melih. I have not received direct answers.

I stated in my original post I respect the notion of a free firewall. However, I express skepticism in any piece of security software which will not disclose a complete list of what files and changes it makes to an operating system and how to reverse those changes via a manual uninstal without the usage of an automatic binary tool.