Comodo Firewall is crashing Valorant

Hello everyone,

unfortunately Comodo Firewall and Valorant are disagreeing to live in peace together :slight_smile:

If you don’t know aobut Valorant, it is most popular FPS game from Riot Games at the moment. Unfortunately i’ve uninstalled Comodo Firewall after 14 years of usage…

Would it be possible to fix this issue? It would be awesome!

Valorant uses an aggressive anti-cheat that probably doesn’t work with CIS injecting into game executables, so you need to add game to shellcode injection exclusions.

This solution has worked like a charm! Thank you so much!

Hi, I tried adding all the executables to the shellcode injection exclusions but I’m having no such luck, the game still won’t launch if CIS is installed.

I added the following:
C:\Program Files\Riot Vanguard\vgc.exe
C:\Riot Games\VALORANT\live\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe
C:\Riot Games\VALORANT\live\VALORANT.exe
C:\Riot Games\Riot Client\RiotClientServices.exe

In addition I excluded the following folders entirely
C:\Riot Games*
C:\Program Files\Riot Vanguard*

try uninstalling Vanguard first, no need to uninstall Valorant. then reinstall CIS. after that install Vanguard again and add to exclusions

Tried in that order now as well, unfortunately it seems to only run for me when CIS is uninstalled. I guess I wish there was a way to entirely disable the systems that are blocking Vanguard from working temporarily.

did you looked system or Vanguard logs maybe another driver is causing this

I tried add game to shellcode injection exclusions but it not work.

https://i.ibb.co/Lx7sw54/Capture.png

https://i.ibb.co/C6DspsL/Untitled.png

no not like this you need to add exact files like vgc.exe or valorantshippingblablabla*.exe

Same, i tried add file but not work

sorry my intromission…
try add exclusion in:

1. antivirus: Exclude Files / Applications To Scan, PC Antivirus | Internet Security Help
  2. hips: Active HIPS Rules, Network Access, Internet Protection | Internet Security
  3. firewall: Application Rules, Firewall Protection, Best Firewall | Internet Security
  4. auto-containment: Auto-Containment Rules, Containment Security Software | Internet Security | COMODO

I tried and it’s not possible.
I tried uninstall antivirus and play game it worked.

Problem maybe have Vanguard, not Comodo.

Hi daydien789,

Are you still facing issue in running valorant with Comodo firewall.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello, I used the inject code exclusion and still doesn’t work, I also excluded as much as I could and now I’m getting crashes (before it didn’t even bother on opening) so it’s something I guess, the game runs, but can’t comunicate with the anti-cheat engine, as it only tells me to restart as my only “solution” and then leaving me on a loop.

atm for most of users not possible to play that vendor’s specific game due to aggressive anti-cheat k-mode driver. :-TD

1. u can uninstall CIS and go on
  2. u can set up dual boot W10 to just play games and continue to use CIS on main OS :P0l

Hi RC1138,

Thank you for reporting, we will reach you through private message to get required log and information.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT