Comodo Firewall freeze after Windows hibernation

Hello.
I recently installed an operating system - Windows 11 23H2 and the latest Comodo Firewall and I have such a problem.

Well, after finishing working on the computer I like to hibernate instead of turning it off, I have been doing this for a dozen or so years on each of my computers and operating systems. It significantly speeds up starting work the next day.

However, this time I noticed a problem - after a few days of hibernation Comodo Firewall seems to freeze, but in such a way that the program window and all settings are normally available, but no new notifications appear (e.g. when a process wants access to the Internet and notifications from HIPS).

I can also not turn off the program (right-click on the icon in the tray and “Exit”). There is no reaction. Only the rules that have already been saved work, all other applications that do not have defined rules do not work, do not have a connection to the Internet, etc.

Since I can’t close the program, the only way to get out of this situation is to completely restart the computer.

It is frustrating. On previous operating systems and previous versions of Comodo I did not have such a problem, I could hibernate every day for half a year and everything worked.
How to fix this? Why does this Comodo Firewall hang like this? Will there be an update?

1 Like

Hello Rooney322

I noticed the same thing on my PC, but I didn’t make a definite correlation with Comodo CIS.

I put it down to a Windows update.

On the other hand, as in addition to your problems, I was having problems waking up external USB drives encrypted with Bitlocker, so I ended up disabling standby.

Since then… I’ve booted up the PC and gone for a coffee… :slight_smile: I come back when it’s started :slight_smile: