Comodo Firewall -- For server windows 2003

Hello!

Well… this is what happened:

Moved on from “Kerio WinRoute Firewall” to “Sygate” and to another one… now onto “Comodo Firewall”

Also tried sunbelt firewall but that doesn’t support server 2003, and with the others the installation corrupted and all incoming/outgoing traffic stopped.

So now installing Comodo on my windows XP (JUST TO TEST) and Windows Server is what I need it for.
Installed sucessfully…

(FOR XP AND SERVER 03)

Rebooted them both…

Logged in XP… then looks like the same issue accured – all outgoing/incoming traffic stopped and the interent connectivity was limited/not available 0 packets sent and received so I had uninstall comodo firewall on my windows machine. Although that software for xp was secured, protection strengh was on (green) and all monitors on…

As for the windows server 2003, installed fine except the program itself doesn’t work. The protection strengh is weak, it can not detect any application, the monitors jsut can not read any signal. All monitors are off (red) But the interent connectivity – working.

Opposite to XP… did I install the wrong version?

Most links don’t work such as “Define trust application” Application monitor… nothing :S

Now… what ever firewall is best I am trying to do it for this::

http://www.aaron-jones.com/haloboom/

Can someone help me please?

Thanks
Karim
Now I am a comodo newbie…

I use server2003 and don’t have any problems …so that’s not why you are having trouble …

1. Did you disable your anti-virus before installing Comodo ?
    if not: disable it, un-install Comodo, reboot, make sure your AV is still disabled and re-install Comodo.
  2. Are you installing on a fresh windows-installation or have you had
    all those firewalls installed on your current windows-installation ?
    maybe they have left something behind in the registry that prevents Comodo from installing properly .
    try cleaning the registry with a program like regseeker or ccleaner…
As for the windows server 2003, installed fine except the program itself doesn't work. The protection strengh is weak, it can not detect any application, the monitors jsut can not read any signal. All monitors are off (red) But the interent connectivity -- working.
Your version of Server 2003, is it 32bit or 64bit OS?

The reason I ask is that what you are experiencing is what happens when the firewall is install on a 64bit OS; all monitors are off, cannot be turned on, and the firewall does not work. It could be something else, but that’s my first question.

Logged in XP.. then looks like the same issue accured -- all outgoing/incoming traffic stopped and the interent connectivity was limited/not available 0 packets sent and received so I had uninstall comodo firewall on my windows machine. Although that software for xp was secured, protection strengh was on (green) and all monitors on..
When you installed on XP, did you select the "Automatic" install, or did you choose the "Advanced" mode?

The reason I ask is that it sounds like svchost.exe has not been allowed the necessary connectivity to establish your internet connection; this should not happen if the default “Automatic” install is used.

If you did do the automatic install, there are some steps we can take to configure your connectivity, that are easy to do and should work nicely.

LM

No no, this is not home hosted. I am renting this Windows Servers 2003 - Standard Edition SP2 Dedicated Server from Micfo…

I don’t even know what bit it is…

Automatic Updates is turned off
Just windows firewall, which is turned off anyway.

Well when I installed Kerio Firewall and lost connection to the server for two days, my host says make sure you don’t install/configure a firewall otherwise it will just loose connection or something and if that happens again I have to pay a 30 GPB Charge (:SAD)

So… took my chances and installed Comodo Firewall… things went ok. But monitors all off.
I don’t think this has any anti-virus installed :S

Donno nothing about the registry… sorry :frowning:

I wouldn’t mind giving the administrators the login details for the RDP connection… or anyone? :cry:

Same problem here, Installed CFP 2.4 on a test Windows 2003 Server and connecting to the machine over remote desktop I get all red application monitor, component monitor, network monitor and application behavior analysis all off. I’m unable to turn on.

Oh wait a min. I just reconnected to the server and it seems to be working fine now. I don’t know what happened. I know that I was logged in to the server and then tried to login to remote desktop and saw all red. I logged out of the server and then logged back in to remote desktop and now it seems to be working. Can’t wait to see if I can throw a few things at this firewall to test it.

digitalbill,

CFP 2.4 does not function well in multiple user environment; only the primary logged-in user will have control. For any subsequently logged-in users, the GUI will give error messages such as you’ve seen and not allow appropriate interaction.

Hope that helps explain what’s going on.

LM