Comodo firewall error

Hello, I’m new to this forum. I recently installed the free version of Comodo Firewall 2.4 for Windows 2000. It had been working fine up until yesterday. Basically, when I started up my computer, I would get a message informing me of an error. One of the messages read “An error has occurred while initializing the Comodo firewall”. I would get the message any time I clicked on the desktop icon. I restarted the computer, and was able to get working for a while, but logging in this morning the message has returned. I tired to restart the computer, but it didn’t work this time.

I’m a novice with computers, so it’s a little hard for me to describe the problem. The other day, I had to post a problem over at the Avast forum, as I was not able to update my virus database. I told them about how much space was on the hard drive, and they told me I had very little space. So little, that they were surprised my PC was able to function. Since I have little experience with computers, I didn’t really know how much ram was on my computer, or how much space I should have. My computer is second hand.

Can anyone help me out? Is there any reason why the firewall would run into errors? Sorry if my question is a little vague, but if anyone can offer help, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi comedian

Welcome to the Comodo forums

It sounds like you do not have enough RAM or hard drive space to initialize CFP. You may have to increase your RAM or replace your HD. Right click on “My Computer” and go to properties this will show you how much RAM you have. Right click on “C drive” and go to properties this will show you how much HD space you have left. ( This is on XP and I think Win 2000 is the same)

Post back if you need further assistance.

John