comodo firewall and sandboxie

Hi

i bought sandboxie , i really like it
and i like a lot comodo firewall

is there a way to use sandboxie ?

i mean without comodo firewall , i can run firefox inside sandboxie http://www.sandboxie.com/

after the installtion of comodo , i can run any programs inside sandboxie

i know comodo has a sendboxe feature

but i would love to use sandboxie

thanks
cheers

You can have both Sandboxie and Comodo sandbox installed on your PC. There are no conflicts between them.

i can’t run a program in sandboxie ! it won’t start
uninstall comodo , sandboxie works
i have comodo firewall (sandboxie disabled) and sandboxie 3.52

Could you post a screenshot of Defense+ events, if there are any related to Sandboxie?

ok
i have defense+ disabled to try to run sandboxie
now i 'm going to enable and read the events

I confirm that sandboxie runs without any problem with CIS and I’ve Def+ in parano mode.

do u run under w7 64bit ,32bit or ??

did you edit the comodo preferences to work with sandboxie?

thanks

Win XP SP3 32 bits
I just answered yes and remember my answer to the popups related to sanboxie. I got a lot of alerts when I first launched brownser but as I said Def+ is in parano mode.

BUT I installed Sandboxie last week on the netbook of one of my nieces and she runs win 7 starter 32 bits, Def+ in clean PC mode and she didn’t get alerts from Def+ and Sandboxie is running fine.

Boris

i thought i edit the defence+ settings

Running XP SP3 and Win7 x32 with SBIE and CIS D+ and no issues whatsoever here. Did not do any exclusions also.

I use Sandboxie with CIS. I didn’t have to do anything special in CIS to get Sandboxie to work.
Win XP Pro SP3, 32bit.

it makes me crazy!
disable the decense+
killed the 2 comodo processes
without comodo in memory , tried to run a program inside the sandboxie ,nothing :-TD

There is a more recent version of Sandboxie : 3.53.03

Were you invited to connect to Sanboxie web site after install? Do you get a message error from sandboxie when you launch a sandboxed apllication?

You should expose your issue to Sanboxie Forum as well, there are very nice people there too.

Boris

i got sandboxie errors

SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: RPCSS/SXS - Foxit Reader.exe SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1) SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1)

Killing the two processes cmdagent and cfp is not enough the CIS drivers will still protect you.

Dennis

Did Def+ prompt for the following files:
Sandboxie Ctrl.exe
Sandboxie DComLaunch.exe
Sandboxie RpcSs.exe
Sandboxie Sart.exe
Sandboxie SbieSvc.exe
and did you allow with remember my answer?

The error messages you got from Sandboxie seem to indicate that it cannot access the dlls it needed to run.

If you have allowed the files submentionned and have tough your issue, then you could try uninstall and install version 3.53.03. Here is the link to download it (hope I copy well) http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9878

You could also ask Sandboxie forum mentionning you get the errors SBIE 2203 and SBIE2204.

Boris

it works only if i disable defense+ permanently,

for me it’s tragedy
i can’t live without sandboxie
i can not find a way to live with sandboxie and comodo :frowning:

i asked help in the sandboxie forum , but it’s a comodo issue

defense+ log
C:\Programmi\Sandboxie\Start.exe Create Process C:\Programmi\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sandboxie adds a service in your list. Please check if the Sandboxie service is running.