Comodo Firewall 4.1.150349.920 and ActiveSync 4.5 with Up-to-date Win XP Pro SP3

Hello, a little reminder for Comodo’s tech team. I am having the same problem as the topic raised a few months ago and find it odd :o that Comodo firewall still prevents ActiveSync from synchronizing data betwenn a windows phone and windows.

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/firewall-interferes-with-activesync-t53004.0.html

I just realized a new version is available that I am about to update to - but I am posting this topic anyway. Does this latest version solve this issue? If not, how shall I adjust my firewall settings so that I can sync my computer and my windows phone?

ActiveSync being a Microsoft Application and Microsoft being a trusted vendor, how come we even have to waste time reporting that kind of conflict on the forum? Don’t get me wrong: I feel very grateful to Comodo for offering free top notch software to the online community. I just wish the two were working together straight out of the box.

Thank you in advance for your attention and concern.

F

To make ActiveSync work you need to create a global rule allowing traffic from address in the IP range of 169.254.2.X both IN and OUT.