comodo Firewall 3.5.57173439

I have the Comodo Firewall Pro without the Antivirus. I have the following system:

I have never updated my BIOS from my toshiba Satelite since it was bought. I use Win XP PRO SP2, Toshiba Satellite PEN 4, 2.0 Ghz, 1 GIG RAM, Firefox 2.0, NVIDIA Geo Force4 460 GO with 64MB of Video RAM, Video BIOS version 4.170059, Driver Ver 3.6.38. Modem DSL SpeedStream 4200 I believe downloads 500mbs(? - not sure), Microsoft Network 1394 Adapter driver ver 5.1.25.35.0, Intel(R) Pro/100VE Network Connection driver ver 5.41.35.0, Comodo Firewall Pro version 3.5.57173439

I was wondering if you could help me with following problem received:

Blue Screen:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you’ve seen this STOP error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps. Check your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates disable BIOS Memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer Press F8 to select, Advance, Startup Options and then Select Safe Mode.

Stop Ox0000007E (0xC0000005, Ox804E742F, 0xF7A0AA60, 0xF7A0A75C) Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping Physical Memory to disk: 26 (counter starts counting)

Jan 11, 2009
I have external USB Imex A5US SN QN55A CD/DVD drive and an External Harddrive compatible with WIN XP I use this drive as a back up not only my harddrive but certain data folders as well.

I got the above message 2 times when:

First Time – when I using Visual CD program I was making an list of folder/files of my CD/DVD from my external CD/DVD; as well making a printed html listing of my CD/DVDs and some folders from my C: drive. In exiting out of Visual CD was when I got Blue Screen message listed above. I pressed the power button for restart and logged back in okay but external CD/DVD drive was not recognized. Win XP gave me a message of unknown device. Therefore while I was in Win XP SP2 I turned off the external DVD drive and turned it back on while in Windows XPSP2 and it recognized it. Originally, when Comodo Firewall 3.0 was in Beta version I would get a message for both External HDD and the CD/DVD drive that they were failing or not recognized. So I uninstalled the Comodo 3.0 beta version and installed Comodo Firewall 2.4 which never gave me a problem with the External Harddrive or CD/DVD drive. I did get an red alert from Comodo Firewall 3.5 where it a showed a cable connection but I did not record the message provided so I allowed this request. I was not on the internet at the time, my assumption was that it noticed the external DVD/CD drive was attached to a port therefore the message. I have three USB Ports two are on the left and one is on the right. The right port use it for my printer. The two on the left I use it for for the external HDD, CD/DVD drive and memory sticks. I use mostly the second (the one closest to the back of the laptop)

In order to test the Comodo Firewall 2.4 I went to the following site: http://tinyurl.com/sovd and found that ports 1035 was open and ping failed. I did not know how to make port 1035 stealth . This is the reason why I switched to Comodo firewall 3.0/3.5 final version. The test then showed everything was stealth and ping passed.

Second Time – I got the blue screen message the second time when using NERO Ultra 6 edt (WinXP SP2 updates were downloaded and installed) for updating my CD/DVD. I exited NERO and the blue screen message occurred. Restarted my laptop.

Used CCLeaner Portable to clean any files.

I then used MS Office XP (Excel, Access and Word) to print out some documents. I changed the ink cartridge in my Canon i860 printer as it was needed. It stopped printing due to ink running out. I noticed that when I clicked on the printer menu to align my cartridge the menu never showed up.

I also tried clicking on Win Media Player and Safe Surf was stopping it so I had to have it entered in SAFE SURF in order for me to use it. I have since removed both Safe Surf and Ask toolbar.

January 13, 2009.

Using my IMEX A5U2, SN QN55A, I opened media player and wanted to rip a song from Prince Caspin CD. The bonus features played and I stopped them when I tried to rip the CD, no tracks were appearing, so I pushed the button on the external CD/DVD to open and close it and that is where I got my Blue Screen of Death again.

If I am correct I think it is Comodo Firewall 3.5 seems to have problem with my external HDD or CD/DVD using a USB connection. I believe it was an original problem before, but I do not think it was fixed.
Both the HDD and CD/DVD are compatible to Windows XP. How do I fix this problem. Is there something that I have config so that I will not get this problem. Please provide complete details so that I can fix this. I do not wish to uninstall Comodo 3.5 and go back to 2.4 as I like this firewall, but I do need my external HDD and CD/DVD to work with the firewall well.

Also Is the new Internet Security compatible with Windows XP SP3. I will be eventually upgrading to Windows XP SP3, but I need to work out the above problem first.
Please HELP. thanks.