comodo error 1625 sys policy error

I couldn’t find the answer to this question:

Is your Windows 7 Prof SP1 a 32-bit or a 64-bit version?

right! :embarassed:
32-bit

Thank you for your answer, I already thought so.

Now, the following question goes to the mods…

Could it be that Windows 7 32-bit is also affected like Windows 10 32-bit which is also having some issues?

I can confirm - after those changes I still have this error. Possibly either other policy or non-english Windows 7 is the problem. And yes, I’m using Ultimate 64-bit version of W7.
I put some log files inside this 7z files as well, it’s like the newest CIS installer didn’t know which version of Windows I use… Weird. If that’s the case, how can I set it up correctly?

Referring to my Reply #232 (one page back) and the screenshots I’ve attached.
If you compare your settings with those in the screenshots are there any differences?

I’m also on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and for me the offline installer worked correctly.

I looked at it, the group policy editor looks the same for me, but your screenshot of the registry doesn’t show anything for the Windows Installer? I have mine like this:

That’s correct, that’s how it looks like by default when Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit is freshly installed with all MS updates.

Hello GearDoc47 & maxik,

Thank you for reporting.We are checking in it.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Thanks!
For now, I went the usual three-way install - from 6882 to RC. That’s the only way for me. :slight_smile:
Interestingly enough, I’m not able to update this OS to Windows 10, no matter the compilation I choose, 1903, 1909 or 2004, even though this W7 works totally OK, no BSODs, no instabilities.

I’ve checked your log files and compared it to mine…

Do you log-on to Windows as an Administrator with or without a password (do not supply the password, only tell with or without)?

Of course I won’t supply it :slight_smile:
With the password, the account with admin privileges. But built-in Administrator account is disabled as default, and I kept it as is.

Could you please check "?:\Users<Your Username>\AppData\Local\Temp" if you have another “cmdinstall.exe_??-??-??_??.??.??.log.7z” log archive?

I have two of them, one containing 3 files and one with only 1 file.

If you have them could you please send them to me?

I will have another look.

Edit 1:

To be sure, the log archive that you provided in your Reply #245 is that log file produced when you ran the offline installer as provided in the first post of this thread?
Also, did you make any modifications to that log archive (adding a file or so)?

Edit 2:

Can you confirm that you are really using and running a 64-bit Windows version???
From your log file I see that the installer seems to execute the following action: UpdateOsVersion32
It doesn’t do that on my system (it skips both UpdateOsVersion32 and UpdateOsVersion64).
Please check carefully if your OS is 64-bit.

I read your post a bit too late and, after installing RC the usual three-way routine, I don’t have any 7z archives in temp folder.
Yes, I added one file to the 7z archive at the time. “COMODO Internet Security dbgout.log”, to be exact.
I have 64bit Win7, I’m sure of that, that’s why I wrote that CIS installer either isn’t aware of that, or something blocks it from ascertaining that. Or my OS is at fault, but CIS stable 7036 is the only program that doesn’t want to install right now.

Thank you for your time to analyze this!

No problem, you’re welcome! :slight_smile:

I was just a bit curious about why the installer wouldn’t work for you as you have the same OS.
Hope you manage to use the installer some day (if needed that is).

this release caused serious trouble to me as well.

when installing, it first exited with something like “installer state can’t be preserved, restart machine and install manually.”
even worse: this was an upgrade, but since the installation failed, it wiped my working CIS installation, together with my config. from that point my machine was left defenseless.
i restarted, tried to install again, then I got error 1625.
i modified the Group Policy and edited the registry as instructed in this thread. i ran the official cleanup tool in three times in a row. i tried running the installer as admin. i tried both the offline and online installer.

nothing made a change. i always got error 1625 and remain unable to install this version. please look into what could cause this.

by the way, how can i access offline installers of previous versions? when i try to download previous versions from their own forum thread, i still get the new version.

Hello graceless,

Thank you for reporting.We will check this issue.
Please let me know your windows version and also could you please enclose the screenshot of the Error code.

Have a nice day!

my windows is 7 SP1. i can’t screenshot the the error right now because I installed another firewall in the meantime and don’t want to risk screwing it up. but the text was: “Cannot install COMODO Antivirus. Error: 1625. This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.”

In this case it is important to know: Is your Windows 7 SP1 32-bit or 64-bit?

For the time being until they fix this issue and if you still like to switch back to Comodo firewall …

Here are some links to a previous and very stable CIS Premium V12.0.0.6882

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-2019-v12106914-released-t124993.0.html;msg894980#msg894980

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-2019-v12106914-released-t124993.0.html;msg895427#msg895427

I’m baaack…
200611. 1140 deleted undeletable folder in f:\CCleaner w/ bootCD dos
regworkshp: del a:\ (floppy) from comodo
followed Hilal’s instr for Error #1625 DisableMSI & installer ; fixed install prob

upgraded to 12.2.2.7036 allowing oe proactive setup config
allowed all to quarantine per comodo;
(need reapprove everything??) notepad, hamsin,
“Cptr” spcing TOO WIDE??? combofix or comodo??
loses sizes for my notepads(bags??), loses sizecols, uparrow,

Can’t deal with changes;
restore c3w7_12.6882_200608
run combofix to remove virus?
ng err 1625 wont fix reup c3w7_12.6882_200613
fix bcd
Hilal’s instr added DisableMSI
save c3w7_12.6882_200614
1restore
save onh1
2disable inet
fix ilycia.set
3del comodo
clean reg of comodo
4cclnr, then
get bu of hamsin & float
combofix, hamsin & float in startup(usr); combofix had error…
6 Hilal’s instr
Error #1625
reup c3w7_12.7036_200613, get log files
7036 worked, my configs borked… cmdinstall.exe_20-06-15_14.49.41.log.7z
7036 1625 error cmdinstall.exe_20-06-15_12.43.52.log.7z

reup c3w7_12.6882_200614
6914 try NG cmdinstall.exe_20-06-15_10.36.19.log.7z
6882 ok cmdinstall.exe_20-06-15_12.10.44.log.7z
WTF Audio COMODO Internet Security.evtx log.jpg

are these " \" correct???

[2788] 12:44:24 c:\workspace\cis_um\installer_cmdinstall\apps\cisapplication.cpp:1378 >> Setup ‘C:\ProgramData \ Comodo\Installer\cis_setup_x86.msi’ returned 1625

[2680 CIS] 12:36:40>> Unregistering status for (C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security \ recognizers\proto_v10\recognizer_v12.0.0.6882.dll): 0

MSI (s) (C4:24) [12:11:20:474]: Original package ==> C:\ProgramData \ Comodo\Installer\cis_setup_x86.msi

******* Product: C:\ProgramData   \\   Comodo\Installer\cis_setup_x86.msi

MSI (s) (C4:24) [12:11:23:814]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding SourceDir property. Its value is 'C:\ProgramData \ Comodo\Installer'.

MSI (s) (C4:24) [12:12:36:652]: Added new source 'C:\ProgramData \ Comodo\Installer' with index ‘2’
MSI (s) (C4:24) [12:12:36:652]: Set LastUsedSource to: C:\ProgramData \ Comodo\Installer.

still on 6882
NEXT…