Comodo EasyVPn Issues

Hello staff from Comodo EasyVPN,

I’m writing here in response to your newer software, the EasyVPN. I’ve just started using it in order to play online a game from the Microsoft / Ensemble Studios called Age of Empires 3 and its expansions. So far I had used Hamachi to play it online, but when I discovered VPN I decided to give it a try.
Me and some friends liked it so much that we decided advertising it for you, so we could get more and more players into one single network. It’s currently being advertised by us in our website: http://serieage.awardspace.com and in some brazilian/spanish forums, Orkut and at Hamachi as well.
It’s indeed a VERY good and beautiful software, I must congratulate you all, but there are still some minor things to repair in this BETA version, for the official release.
One of them is that the software is disconnected from time to time, randomly, for an unknown reason. It’d be very nice if you could sort out this problem, or at least, make it REconnect as soon as possible automatically. Many players are experiencing these repetitive disconnections throughout the day and specially at night, and by so, they simply leave Comodo EasyVPN and go back to the previous software. I’d like to know if there is any thing we could do to prevent these “kicks”, or if there is any forthcoming patch to correct it in a near future.
Together with the kicks, there is and additional lag problem to some of the users, and we already know it’s not because of the net speed.
I’d also like to ask you (I’ve looked for it, but found it nowhere) how many people can be connected in each network. Is there a limit? If so, how many?
One more question: Do you guys have an updating list of all the created networks? It’d be very nice to find more networks to join instead of creating new empty ones.

As you can see, we’re about to use your software for gaming activities, it might not be what you first had in mind, but I assure you it’s something worthy to look for, as long as Hamachi, who owns this territory so far, is nowhere near being very good. The GREAT thing about Comodo EasyVPN is that it connects everyone who plays the game in one SINGLE network, what makes it great for gamers.

I’d appreciate if you could respond me, and I’d be a looot happier if you could solve my problems. (:WIN)
I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.

After so many views isn’t there anyone to help?

Hi

I have asked the relevant people to take a look at this.
thanks
Melih

Hi VinciBR,

VinciBR : “One of them is that the software is disconnected from time to time, randomly, for an unknown reason. It’d be very nice if you could sort out this problem, or at least, make it REconnect as soon as possible automatically.”

Our teams our looking into this known bug and your lag issue.

VinciBR : “One more question: Do you guys have an updating list of all the created networks? It’d be very nice to find more networks to join instead of creating new empty ones.”

We’ve planed and are adding some additions options for groups to enable user to search however the ability to search groups clearly has some privacy issues so we’ll be adding options to set a group as publicly searchable.

Shane.

Thank you a lot for you patience Shane!

But I’ve still got one questions unanswered: Is there a limit of users in the same network? If there is, what is it?

I’ve just downloaded the new version, let’s hope things have been sorted out!!! I’ll post my thoughts here later.

Thanks to all of you.

For the beta there is no limitation to the number of users who can join a network.

Shane.

Hello! I have a similar problem with Warcraft 3. I want to play multiplayer game on LAN option (not battle net online). I setup a vpn between me and other PC located in the same city but different network and internet provider, everything is ok, chat is ok, remote desktop is ok , generally EasyVPN is working OK, but… In Warcraft 3, network connection is not apearing any server made from other PC . I shut down windows firewall because i have CIS, i disabled firewall from CIS too, but nothing… What is Wrong? Both PC’s have Vindows Vista Ultimate 32-bit installed. Somehow this game is not seeing this VPN network, and i don’t know if the problem is located in game engine or in EasyVPN. In Windows XP it’s working, but i don’t want to revert back to XP.

Is there any more detaled “how to” available anywhere ?
I haven’t yet found how to configure rinting from controlled remote PC to local printer
I assume there is a way to establish remote access desktop control without requiring remote PC accept request ? - I can’t be in two places at the same time
Can window/desktop for remote and local PC’s be same size so don’t have to fiddle with scroll bars to use remote apps ?
Appreciate any guidance you can offer

thanks

Paul@danna.com