Comodo EasyVPN 1.5.18.0 Released.

Comodo EasyVPN 1.5.18.0 is now available for download from:
http://easy-vpn.comodo.com/download.html

New in this version:

• Accounts now require activations ready for forgotten password reset feature.
  • Moved registry keys to Comodo Group for consistency.
  • Add ‘Only display my alias to others’ feature.
  • Updated help system.
  • Update EasyVPN EULA
  • Update About box for EasyVPN Desktop Control About
  • Added Logout to tray menu.

Bugs fixes:

• Remote desktop viewer GUI leak.
  • The checkbox cut off after clicking the Invite button on Vista.
  • The F1 shortcut did not launch the help file on the x64(Vista&XP) OS.
  • The remote window display went black after minimize and restore down operation.
  • Bug where the updater detected newer version even if the version is latest.
  • Defect where client could not switch to full screen mode if clicking the Full screen button on the taskbar.
  • A tray icon status defect after a client disconnect.
  • Defect where under some conditions a message could not be send when pressing enter.
  • A defect during launching if the installation directory contained the “%” character.
  • Drawing issue where items where not drawn properly in the Options dialog after pressing the :”Tab” key.
  • Problem where under some conditions user details were not saved after shutting down and reopening EasyVPN.
  • Defect where the caption of the main window was not changed after updating user details.
  • Issue where ‘Account is locked’ message was shown unexpectedly.
  • Updated the activation email contents.
  • Defect where client could not launch after installation on X64 OS.

Regards,
Shane.

Excellent work guys!

Now I am expecting many more interesting products from you …

you know what i mean :wink:

Melih

Nice job guys ;D

Keep up the great work as always. ;D

Downloading it now.

I have tried to download the update from the URL posted; however the 4.88 MB file that I downloaded requested that I repair or remove my existing EasyVPN installation. I decided to choose remove expecting the update to be applied, but my existing installation was uninstalled!! I re-installed the program and managed to retrieve my settings. The version that I am using therefore is the older original version 1.0.65297.58. The URL does not distinguish between update and standard install. When I login to EasyVPN I am reminded I could download an update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nice release, quite a few wishes where implemented :-TU :slight_smile:

I’d prefer to have the “Allow remote control” disabled instead of enabled by default.

See if Remote Desktop improved… I’ll be back.

This release consumes a huge load of Kernel CPU on my Win7 RTM system while typing.

If i monitor the CPU usage(ProcessExplorer) from easyvpn.exe during idle it’s flat, but when i start to type a message the Kernel CPU goes up to 20 - 45% !! Same issue on a clean install of Windows XP 32 bit with only CIS and CTM installed, CTM is not installed on the Win7 system.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Remote connection is still munted. Can’t connect - just get a greyscreen (at best) or nothing atall (other than a message that the remote session has ended). Also, can’t ping some other EasyVPN addresses.

In addition to this Remote Desktop issue.
If I’m behind our corporate firewall it interferes with the UDP traffic on 8000 and 8010.

It complains about violating unidirectional connections, this cripples the functionality if the other user is on Relay, can extra tests be build in to ensure this traffic is complete unidirectional functioning and/or display an error if the return packets don’t arrive ?

I know UDP is stateless by nature, but then it’s up to the application to keep track of it’s packets…

If i change the Networks Firewall’s configuration (Not CIS) it will allow Remote Desktop like it should.

Import / resize of a display picture results in really bad graphics…
For example if i import my Avatar from the forums it looks like ■■■■ on the EVPN.

If i logon to an other system with my same credentials i will lose my display picture settings on the first host.

I know it’s not supported yet but i post it anyway:

Windows 7 RTM 32bit, Enterprise.

Faulting application name: EasyVPN.exe, version: 1.5.18.0, time stamp: 0x4aae0330
Faulting module name: Engine.dll, version: 1.5.18.0, time stamp: 0x4aae02e3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001e84f
Faulting process id: 0xe18
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca3bcd33b4a1bb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\COMODO\EasyVPN\EasyVPN.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\COMODO\EasyVPN\Engine.dll
Report Id: f1746cd3-a7c1-11de-8f00-005056c00008

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: EasyVPN.exe
P2: 1.5.18.0
P3: 4aae0330
P4: Engine.dll
P5: 1.5.18.0
P6: 4aae02e3
P7: c0000005
P8: 0001e84f
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\Users<UserID>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_EasyVPN.exe_64b06f26959dfe4ab8ff4c338ece94aa3672d643_09be3294

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f1746cd3-a7c1-11de-8f00-005056c00008
Report Status: 0

Hey All,

I posted (at the very end) regarding no ability to install on Windows7-64 RC (I don’t have a Win7-32 system in the lab to check that though…) Can any of the Comodo Techs comment on this? Would love to get testing on Win7!

-Oops! I just read above after posting this and see that Win7 is not supported just yet… Sorry!

Thanks so much, Sher

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_about_comodo_easyvpn/web_based_remote_access-t45165.0.html