Comodo Dragon Won't Open After Windows 11 Update

I recently updated my computer and since the task bar icons were removed and when I try to run Comodo dragon from the start bar it just doesn’t do anything.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled several times, with firewall turned on and off. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas would be helpful!

Hi TiesOptional,

Thank you for reporting.
could you please check with the latest version of CD ?

If you are using the above CD version and found that the issue is still exist, then kindly let us know your CIS/CFW version ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

That is the version I am using. I did uninstall and reinstall via the download in the forum posting.

I randomly got a prompt to allow CD to make changes to my security and now it’s working. Apologies to anyone who had similar issues. Below are steps I took that seemed to trigger it but can’t be sure if it is reproducible.

I did get CD to open as my default PDF file type software which when trying to view PDF opened. Then I copy and pasted a URL from Microsoft Edge into the Address bar of CD. That for whatever reason made the security screen pop-up. Now I can open CD from the Start menu.

Hi TiesOptional,

Thank you for sharing the information.
We tested your case and couldn’t able to reproduce it.
Hope the issue has been solved in your end.
Kindly report back if you found any issue in the future.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Sorry about your browser if that’s your choice, BUT good. Now they might get their minds off internet browsers and focus CIS ??? I recommend going back to version 5.6 and making it fully compatible with Windows 10/11. When your lost start back in the beginning.

Hi sAyer,

Thank you for reporting.
Are you facing any issue with CD/CIS ? if so kindly let us know so that we will take it to the team notice.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi i am having same issue on w11. Disabled AV, tried run as admin, reinstalled latest version
It does not even show up in taskmanager when i run it