Since the latest update to Comodo Dragon (version 76.0.3809.100 (64-bit)), if I run it in any mode other than virtual, it crashes/closes randomly within a few minutes. It is identical on both my Windows 10 64-bit computers, one an HP laptop, the other an Alienware laptop.
Since Crash Reporting is disabled in Dragon, I have used the ‘Send Now’ button to send off my reports. I have read through Event Viewer but I can’t seem to lock it down and honestly don’t know what’s causing the crashes, though I do have a feeling it has something to do with the newest Windows 10 (64-bit) update 1903 that’s caused so many issues for so many people and applications.
So far, to fix the problem I have tried:
– Rebooting (Duh!).
– Scanning for viruses (Comodo Internet Security) and Malware (Malwarebytes). I’m squeaky clean.
– Uninstalling, reboot, and reinstalling CIS.
– Creating a Firewall rule in CIS for Browsers using the default Browsers ruleset - it was odd that one didn’t already exist given that CIS comes with the optional install of Dragon. When I created the rule, Dragon continues to crash randomly, HOWEVER, it doesn’t close the app now. Instead, now dragon “Flickers” like there’s a video issue, and there is suddenly a new crash report.
– Disabling all extensions.
– Creating a new Dragon User Profile.
– Uninstalling dragon completely, including user settings (after backing up my Bookmarks), rebooted, and reinstalled the very latest version of Dragon. On one laptop the new install looked and acted like an old version and could not update, so I had to uninstall again, reboot, and download the installer a second time before it worked properly, except for the regular crashes, which continue.
– Running updates on any app and driver that was out of date.
– Running SFC /SCANNOW to try to fix any unknown problems. None on my HP, but enough on my Alienware that I eventually ran DISM to get them fixed. But this didn’t resolve the Dragon issue.
And so far, the only way to avoid these crashes/suddenly closing, is to run Dragon in Virtual mode. If I were running in Normal or Incognito mode now I would never have been able to actually write this Help subject because the browser would have randomly closed by now and created a new crash report.
Any ideas on how to fix this, I’m happy to try them, within reason. Or if it’s a known issue, I’d like to know that, too, though I have seen nothing posted anywhere indicating as such.
Thanks for any ideas or help!